Talk

Advanced search

Argh, I just keep GAINING

(5 Posts)
Swearwolf Wed 17-Jun-20 07:08:30

Lockdown has screwed me! I was struggling to lose weight anyway - I'm 5'2 and about a stone overweight, and have lost and gained the same 4lb over and over in the last couple of years. I don't want to be skinny, just a healthy weight.

I'm eating fine, I'm counting calories, and I'm riding my bike as often as I can. But working from home full time, with the children here, has screwed me. I just can't get that day-to-day movement in.

I'm gaining a lb a week and I'm so miserable! I just want to vent really!!!

OP’s posts: |
Mimishimi Wed 17-Jun-20 07:25:47

Are you eating at a deficit? Maybe check what your TDEE/BMR are likely to be with online calculators. Whatever the recommended intake they give you for maintenance, subtract 500 cals from that daily to get to a deficit diet that would have you losing 1lb a week. Treat exercise as bonus deficit - don't eat more because you've burned more. Also resistance training burns more calories than just pure cardio because the calories keep burning even after you've finished the workout whereas they don't with cardio.

Swearwolf Wed 17-Jun-20 08:13:19

I'm trying to eat at a deficit but as I'm so short, I'm already on 1200 a day. It's so hard to eat less than that!

OP’s posts: |
WinnieWonder Wed 17-Jun-20 08:15:11

Stop counting calories and eat like a diabetic for 3 weeks to reset your metabolism and increase insulin sensitivity.
Works for me.

Sweetener12 Wed 17-Jun-20 08:37:36

I usually count the calories and also I made a wall calendar with gym days highlighted, this way it's easier for me to follow the workout routine. Here is what I used: FatSecret for the calories and Photo calendar creator for the calendar.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in