We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help, 1st wk on Slimming World - what's gone wrong?!

(10 Posts)
bohemianbint Sun 23-Sep-07 08:29:37

Ok, I started SW on Tues, and I've really been enjoying it, because as diets go it doesn't feel like one and I get to eat loads of healthy veggie food that I can't on low-carb diets.

I got the sample diets off the website and I've just nicked the basic principles (I think). I haven't used any "syns" all week (until yesterday when I had 2 choccie bics) but that shouldn't make a difference in the grand scheme, should it? Anyway, I've lost a pound at best so far, am really disappointed and wondering whether to stick with it or resort back to a low carb diet for a bit which works but is so incredibly boring as a veggie and makes me feel sick if I do it for long!

I know it's 2 days yet before I weigh myself and it counts, but I can't see the scales changing much in that time. Could I be off to a slow start because I had a bit of a binge weekend last weekend? I'm really disappointed as I lost loads of weight doing something similar to SW when I was about 20 and I was expecting to see a bit more of a change! Other people have said they lost loads in the first week, what's gone wrong?

Any ideas?

ChipButty Sun 23-Sep-07 08:45:12

If your period is due, you could be retaining water. Keep at it and see the difference after two weeks. If you are doing it properly, you should see a change. Also - use your syns: Perhaps you aren't eating enough! Good luck!

bohemianbint Sun 23-Sep-07 08:51:16

Cheers chipbutty. (Wow, I could actually eat one of those on SW, couldn't I?!)

I think I will stick with it for another week and hope for the best. It's the only thing I've ever tried that I could see myself sticking with long term to be honest.

I worked out what I was eating in terms of WW points as well, just out of interest, and it adds up to roughly 15-17 points a day. I'm quite impressed by that because I seem to be eating loads more than I did on WW, but perhaps you're right about not eating enough, because I've been eating about 5 points less per day than I'm supposed to.

Will carry and and see how it goes. Thanks for replying!

MamaG Sun 23-Sep-07 08:53:11

bohemianbint, come onto the slimming world thread as well, its very nice grin

bohemianbint Sun 23-Sep-07 08:54:18

Ooh, will do, cheers MamaG. CAn you link it for me please?

MamaG Sun 23-Sep-07 08:59:49

here you go

bohemianbint Sun 23-Sep-07 09:04:20

Ahaaaaaa....brilliant, thanks a lot!

lizandlulu Mon 24-Sep-07 20:29:40

when i start a new diet,( or eating plan,whatever they call it!!)i never loose much in the first week. i think my body goes into shock at the healthy food, and uses all the fat reserves up!! usually it is just about a pound the first week, then around 3-4 pounds the next week. let us know how you get on. also weighing yourself on different scales always works out wrong. my bathroom scales are way out compared to their scales.

bohemianbint Tue 25-Sep-07 18:44:08

Cheers Lizandlulu. I really hope that's the case with me, because I've been really virtuous this week (bar a couple of biscuits and some Pringles at the weekend) and have lost nowt. Bugger all. Gutted.

I'm just hoping that it's because my body has been battling with the massive junk food munching session I had last weekend, and am going to keep going. I mean, it has to work, I checked what I ate in WW points and it's nothing compared to what I'm allowed! Will keep you posted as to whether I lose any weight this week. If I don't, I think there must be something very wrong with me!

lizandlulu Tue 25-Sep-07 19:48:58

im getting weighed tomorrow night. i just had a chocolate mousse with a hint of orange!! it is a new one from onken and it was yummy. it was 9 and half sins, and i had some of dds minstrels earlier, and pizza for dinner!! oh dear, doesnt sound good does it!! but i think i have lost a little bit, as i eat nothing like the amount of crap that i used to. let us know how you do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now