How much weight have you gained in lockdown?

(2 Posts)
SparrowInTheHedge Tue 02-Jun-20 11:54:17

Over 10 weeks I've gained 3kg/half a stone.

It all started so well - I was going for a jog every day and losing a little bit of weight. I thought, this is it! I'm finally going to whip my arse into shape! Smuggy McSmugFace.

Then I got the bloody virus, had a miscarriage, and a death in my family, all within one month. Obviously couldn't attend the funeral and was generally very tired and depressed.

I've been eating nonstop ever since.

Today my period started and my huge bloated belly looks about 5 months pregnant, which is upsetting for a variety of reasons.

My double chin is getting an extra chin.

I know that I need to do something but at the risk of sounding dramatic, food is all I have to look forward to. I've been doing gardening, DIY and going on walks with DP but it's not really filling up my day, whereas cooking a beautiful meal for 2 hours certainly does.

And the bread. Bread for every bloody meal. Sigh.

OP’s posts: |
YinuCeatleAyru Wed 03-Jun-20 16:21:36

so sorry for your losses. that must be tough. be a little kind to yourself, you can't overcome everything all at once. it is ok to have let things slide a bit.

when you do feel ready to tackle the weight issue, maybe look into learning some "nouvelle cuisine" techniques wherein you can spend ages creating the dish but it is just a couple of exquisite and beautiful mouthfuls rather than an enormous pile of calories.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in