Anyone used the ‘Flab Jab’ injection pen?

(8 Posts)
BeingLonely Thu 28-May-20 23:18:20

I’m on my second week of the daily injections bought from an aesthetic clinic. Just wondered if anyone else had used it and lost a good bit of weight with it?

OP’s posts: |
Jaycee20 Wed 17-Jun-20 11:02:48

Hi I’m just looking into it now - how did you get on?

BeingLonely Wed 17-Jun-20 22:01:07

I bought it from my local aesthetic clinic. It has actually worked quite well for my I lost just under two stone in around 3 weeks. I have just discovered it’s actually an injection given to type 2 diabetics to help with weight loss

OP’s posts: |
OliviaPopeRules Wed 24-Jun-20 00:43:14

Hi BeingLonely, just wondered if it was still going well and if you have any more information on how it works, do you need to follow a special diet? Thanks

Welshmamma Wed 24-Jun-20 00:50:51

Any idea what the active ingredient is? X

QueenOfPain Wed 24-Jun-20 00:57:48

If it’s saxenda/liraglutide it puts you at increased risk of cancerous thyroid tumours. But I assume you were told all of those risks at the aesthetics clinic?

Gingerkittykat Wed 24-Jun-20 01:57:38

It's not given to type 2 for weight loss, it is used for blood sugar control.

Did you also change your diet?

Victoza weight loss is approximately 14lb a year so huge weight losses from people taking this injection will also be as a result of diet and exercise.

Advertisement

Shedtheload Wed 24-Jun-20 06:41:44

Can’t believe people use these things when there’s a cancer risk. 2 stone in 3 weeks is a highly dangerous rate of weight loss that will put you at high risk for gallstones.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in