Talk

Advanced search

Too much, too soon?

(11 Posts)
plus3 Sat 23-May-20 11:44:19

Hello all - I have started this week (Monday) to try to lose the perpetual 2stone that I have had since the DC were born. DC1 is nearly 16! grin
I am 5ft 8 and weighed 12st 7lbs. I would be happy at 10st 7lb.
I am using My fitness Pal - to lose 1.5lbs a week it suggested 1,330 kcal a day. I have also added in Time restricted eating at 14:10 so eat between 10am-8pm. I am interested in this for the health associated benefits.

Anyway, I weighed myself this morning & I have lost 5lbs =12.2. In 5 days...that’s bonkers isn’t it??

I really don’t want to do something unrealible - I so want to make suitable changes that last, and this feels a bit like a crash diet (although I haven’t cut out any food groups etc)
Am I worrying unnecessarily?? MFP is suggesting I would be 11.11 in 5 weeks..

OP’s posts: |
twostripycats Sat 23-May-20 11:46:24

That rate of weight loss is very unlikely to continue. You will probably find that next time you weigh you’ll lose a lb or two. Many people drop a lot the first week. Well done though!

Emmagen Sat 23-May-20 11:51:05

The first few lbs are always the easiest and women's weight often fluctuates slightly due to hormones. If I started a diet coming off my period I would easily lose that much or more in the first week. Not in the second week!

It is quite a fast diet though, if I remember rightly the most you can set for weekly loss on MFP is 2lb a week. You might find adjusting it to a loss of 1lb a week might help you make better long term changes?

plus3 Sat 23-May-20 11:58:10

I have always fluctuated by a few lbs due to water retention, but was feeling particularly solid at 12st 7.
I just don’t want it to pile back on once daily calories go up a bit

DianaT1969 Sat 23-May-20 12:00:12

Take it as a win! Some will be water. Bound to slow as you continue. Well done!

plus3 Sat 23-May-20 12:24:19

Ok smile Will relax - I have never had that big whoosh of weight loss, has always been 1-2lbs at most then a soul destroying 0.5 per week.

justanotherneighinparadise Sat 23-May-20 12:28:25

Keep going. Don’t get demoralised if it shows down 👍

Moo678 Mon 25-May-20 22:20:03

Hey. I’m the same height and weight as you and I long to be 10 at 7 again too. I’ve done weight watchers several times (it always works until I have another baby then it takes me two years to sort myself out!) and each time I lose around 5lbs in the first week. My losses then even out at 1-2lbs a week so I think what you’ve experienced is totally normal.

plus3 Mon 25-May-20 22:42:09

Thanks smile- ridiculous to worry about something that should be a positive!! Just has never happened before. Usually my weight loss is torturously slow

blubberball Wed 27-May-20 08:53:22

Well done! Keep going! smile

EndlessUserName Wed 27-May-20 09:32:21

Well done! Definitely a boost, weight loss will slow down, even half a pound or nothing at all sometimes, it's the downward trend that you want overall smile Jordan syatt on YouTube is brilliant at explaining this. Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in