Talk

Advanced search

How does this seem for typical daily diet?

(9 Posts)
Toomuchtooyoung01 Mon 18-May-20 22:06:05

Does this typical daily diet sound like something someone trying to lose a substantial amount of weight should follow?
Natural yoghurt with berries/chopped almonds and chia seeds for breakfast, tortilla wrap with ham and spinach and an apple for lunch, dinner could be anything. I only drink water and hot chocolate! I'm also breastfeeding.
So why am I not losing weight?!

OP’s posts: |
SpillTheTeaa Mon 18-May-20 22:12:28

Hot chocolate isn't all that good for you I suppose if you drink a lot of it.
Have you tried mixing it up to have different things?
You could also swap your tortilla wrap and use gem lettuce to put stuff inside

applepineapple Mon 18-May-20 22:13:51

Weight loss depends on calorie deficit. Have you kept a log of the exact calories, I use Lose It but many people also like My Fitness Pal

PurpleDaisies Mon 18-May-20 22:15:19

What are you eating for dinner?

SeriouslyRetro Mon 18-May-20 22:16:56

How many hot chocolates a day? Made with water or milk? The options low calorie ones made up are about 35/40 calories, a very nice not counting calories hot chocolate could be 200/300 calories.

Any snacks?

YinuCeatleAyru Mon 18-May-20 22:20:09

impossible to know without quantities (and then doing a whole bunch of calculations) - almonds are obviously good for you in moderation but check the calorie content of your usual serving. some tortilla wrap breads are about 110cal others more like 190cal - and do you literally just put ham and lettuce in (and the nutritional content of ham can vary hugely) or do you add any spread - even a thin scraping could be another hundred calories. lay off the hot chocolate and drink only water.

FreeKitties Mon 18-May-20 22:20:44

I don't think that sounds like a healthy diet for a breastfeeding mum, you need more carbs at breakfast, and more substantial protein at lunch, and is your evening meal balanced? How old is your baby ? And have you spoken to your health visitor about dieting? The British Heart Foundation also has fantastic, sensible dietary advice.

TheVeryHungryTortoise Mon 18-May-20 22:24:05

I found that it was really difficult to lose weight whilst breastfeeding, my body just seemed to want to keep the fat stores up. As soon as I stopped the weight fell off me. I would focus on eating a healthy balanced diet with the calories you need to maintain right now and once you stop breastfeeding you can start lowering calorie consumption.

Bluesheep8 Tue 19-May-20 11:59:24

Dinner could be anything.....?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in