Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to be my slimming buddy?

(30 Posts)
Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 19:20:01

I have literally tons of weight to lose but have zero motivation - does anyone want to be my slimming buddy?

niceglasses Mon 17-Sep-07 19:23:18

I have about stone and half to loose, and no motivation. Any use?

pampam Mon 17-Sep-07 19:35:16

i have an ^awful lot^ of weight to lose also. I have the motivation of a holiday in May and wanting to start ttc dc2 around that time as well. Despite this motivation i can't seem to get started....sad

Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 20:50:37

Stone and a half? envy I have alot more than that to lose blush but am sure we can all be slimming buddies I better actually go see how much I weight!

CountessDracula Mon 17-Sep-07 20:51:21

niceglasses I am the same as you (maybe 2st)
I will be your buddy!

Joybelles Mon 17-Sep-07 22:12:25

Hello!
Can I join in on the basis that I'm planning ahead? Just feeling very depressed as I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my husband has banged on for ages at how I've let this pregnancy - just like my first - be an excuse for overeating! He's right, but is still makes me feel miserable. So if I could join in the threa (having lots of experience of trying to lose weight in the past!wink I could really hit the ground running once new baby's out on 6th November - ish. Any ideas as to how soon I could start to loose?

Quootiepie Mon 17-Sep-07 22:35:51

How are we going to do this? Divulge weight and weight loss, or just weight loss? Shall we do Monday - Mondays? I am not very good at organising!

Joybelles Tue 18-Sep-07 11:30:46

grinWhy don't we divulge starting and target weight, reasons for wanting to lose weight (so easy to forget them!!) then every week update with latestweight and come clean on the gain/losses. And post if we have a good/bad day etc....?blush

EmmaJW1976 Tue 18-Sep-07 12:56:02

I need to lose 2 stone, started yesterday,

I'll be a slimming buddy!

theimpsmum Tue 18-Sep-07 13:04:30

Can I join too,need to lose just under 2 stone.

I have started walking a lot on a daily basis,just need to get food under control now grin

Vornsta Tue 18-Sep-07 13:07:14

Can I join too? 2 stone to lose (well to be honest that's a minimum!)

pampam Wed 19-Sep-07 17:43:30

i can't bring myself to divulge my current weight, my target is about a year away i reckon.....oh god i'm getting depressed now....I've not been too bad today food wise but the crap weather has meant i've not walked anywhere. How's everyone else doing?

pampam Wed 19-Sep-07 17:45:33

lets do weight loss, monday to monday sounds good QT. might have to start next monday as it's dh's birthday tomorrow.

lornaloo Wed 19-Sep-07 17:54:37

Hi can I join? I need to lose a stone/stone and a half.
We could do a weekly weigh in every monday and report on here how much we've lost? We could even do daily food diaries? help keep ourselves motivated knowing we have to confess on here...? Are there any particular diets your going to do?

lornaloo Wed 19-Sep-07 17:56:10

Sorry didn't read all posts. I've just basically repeated what Joybelles said. blush

CozTiggersAreWonderfulThings Wed 19-Sep-07 20:09:29

Hi can i join too please, i keep starting and starting but i lack the motivation to keep going all day ... (great at breakfast, fine at dinner come mid afternoon thats it ... so i start again at tea and make plans to exercise after ds is asleep but never quite make it to the exercise part blush)

so i thought that if i had to dievoldge (sp?) how i was doing each wk it might keep me on track and its also nice to know that im not fighting a never ending battle on my own grin

Joybelles Thu 20-Sep-07 12:34:45

Let's come clean with current and target weights etc (for those that want to) on 24th. I'm going to find a Slimming World club so that I can start it immediately after giving birth. For now, I'm going to let you all know if I've had a Bad or V Bad day. So.....Bad Day consists of 1 glass or wine and/or 1 choc bar; V Bad day more that that!! A small start, but better than nothing. Food diaries are great, really worked for me in the past as did Weight Watchers.

Joybelles Thu 20-Sep-07 12:36:50

Coz Tigger, exercise in the day, leaving little ones in gymn creche so it's an event/outing for all of you. Also, have a mid morning snack and try a later lunch to keep you going til supper - ?wink

niceglasses Thu 20-Sep-07 12:48:44

Well, I was trying a sort of GI approach as a mate bought me a book etc. I've been okay for last couple of days but fell off big style just now with a CHEESE PASTY!!!!

I'd been to the docs and surprised myself by breaking into floods of tears when he asked how was I!! Where did that come from?

Anyway, would love to join you seriously. What are we doing ???

ayashasky Sun 23-Sep-07 14:51:32

Hi Quootiepie,

'I have literally tons of weight to lose...'

I too have loads of weight to lose and I really wish it was only one and half stone-two stone but sadly it is more! At six foot I can carry a larger weight without looking to obscene, but it has gone beyond that..... with all these other grls wanting to do the same it would be nice to post losses or gains once a week or every two weeks,however I am not brave enough to post my whole weight yet.......
I know when I was a sensible size it was lovely going into Evans and finding their trousers were all to big for me!

Joybelles Sun 23-Sep-07 20:47:35

OK gang, tomorrow (25th) looks to be the first Monday Come Clean Day. Disclose weight loss target; starting weight (optional); timetable for weight loss; how you're doing to do it/any success tips - let's get going!!

To kick off:
-I'm not weighing as I'm 34 weeks preggie
-have had one bad day in last week but that's a miracle. How? Spending time thinking about it, realising what I really want not what I feel like at the time; helped hugely by this thread

XXXX

pampam Sun 23-Sep-07 21:06:04

am actually feeling motivated grin

Starbear Sun 23-Sep-07 21:23:45

I have started another thread but need as much motivation as I can drum up. If it's okay can I join in need to lose about 1 half stones which I'm finding very hard to do and the weight keeps creeping up????!!!! Hope this thread will do the tricksmile

pampam Mon 24-Sep-07 21:34:23

so where is everyone????
I've had a reasonable day today. No extra snacks but not much exercise either as weather was too awful. hoping to lose 2lb this week....

Starbear Mon 24-Sep-07 22:19:59

here! 5'6 72kgs about 11stones 2lbs. Work part-time 3 days a week and sometimes more. 1 Ds 3 years old DH who's fab. Suffering from middle aged everything. Tryin to lose 1 stone for December. Going to the Gym Sunday LBT Monday run and walk Wed Gym Trying the Joanne Hall idea of no carb after 5pm. Need to keep on track with Fedda and the others from the other thread.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now