Talk

Advanced search

How much weight have you put on during lockdown?

(18 Posts)
LivingOnAnIsland Fri 10-Apr-20 10:01:43

I've put on about 8 pounds so far. I'm definitely eating more and moving less, and I know the answer is to eat less and move more but I'm finding it really hard. Any tips?

OP’s posts: |
IFancyANamechange Fri 10-Apr-20 10:04:36

I’ve actually lost about 3lbs so far.

I find meal planning and routines really help me, so I try and plan the night before. I also weigh myself once a week still, at the same time.

I also do a YouTube workout of sorts in the morning and an evening walk.

I live on my own so can really limit the amount of treat food I have in the house and not be tempted as much.

It’s hard though!

hamstersarse Fri 10-Apr-20 10:05:18

Look at what you are eating

Lots of carbs = more hunger, more weight, worse health

Lots of healthy fats & proteins = satiety and less appetite, no weight gain

Go low GI / low carb/ low blood sugar diet/ keto / whatever you want to term it. 8lbs is a lot to put on in 2-3 weeks

MajesticWhine Fri 10-Apr-20 10:07:44

I am not weighing myself. I suspect I have gained quite a few pounds. It's hard enough without worrying about that.

goldenorbspider Fri 10-Apr-20 10:08:36

About half a stone. Felt awful for it. But then I remember we're in a pandemic ease off myself.

happymummy12345 Fri 10-Apr-20 10:11:39

None. Don't really see why I would as my routine hasn't changed at all

LivingOnAnIsland Fri 10-Apr-20 10:29:12

Definitely too many carbs I think. Will try and cut them down, and maybe do a work out as well as my daily walk.

CeibaTree Fri 10-Apr-20 10:58:23

I've lost almost half a stone as I actually have time to exercise without the daily commute smile

CarolineIngalls Fri 10-Apr-20 11:00:43

4 lbs. Comfort eating biscuits even though I run 5k a day, generally more sedentary and snacks than normal.

Runningonempty84 Fri 10-Apr-20 11:01:21

I've lost a couple of pounds. Because I can't exercise as much as usual, I'm not as hungry.
Plus being at home means there's not the temptation of cakes etc in the office. Where I work, people always seem to be bringing in "treats."

Thighmageddon Fri 10-Apr-20 11:02:31

3lbs last time I checked.

I realised that I was shoving so much crap in my mouth so I've been trying to be more mindful about what I'm eating.

I have devised a home exercise programme though that I'm slowly implementing so I don't have to go back to work injured

Jjcrackers Fri 10-Apr-20 12:16:33

3 lbs. I'm still exercising but I walk everywhere normally (c. 24k steps a day).

GetUpAgain Fri 10-Apr-20 12:22:44

I had some money in quidco that I used to get a fitbit after a week in lockdown. Work is so busy I've been chained to my home desk. Now I make sure I do 10k steps a day, even if that's just marching on the spot watching TV at 11.30 at night. I didn't do it for weight, just for health. I don't normally exercise but am always rushing about everywhere. I think without counting steps I'd be feeling crappy, bad digestion etc. I think I have lost a bit of weight as jeans are a bit loser.

tiredanddangerous Fri 10-Apr-20 12:31:37

I’m scared to check to be honest. I can’t deprive myself of biscuits and wine during lock down though. There have to be some pleasures in life.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 10-Apr-20 12:56:00

2-3lbs but it fluctuates daily, I have a good day (low carb) and it goes, then a high carb day and it's back! I am running most days and working out and doing yoga so more exercise than ever really. But then undoing it with sweet stuff and wine.

I'm starting again properly on Monday, I'm going to enjoy the weekend first!

ivfbabymomma1 Fri 10-Apr-20 12:56:58

I haven't because I'm not going out for dinner or getting takeaways

Redcrayons Fri 10-Apr-20 13:07:34

About 3lbs.
I’m a grazer so free access to the kitchen has been not been helpful. Last time I worked from home full time I out on 2.5 stone so I’m very keen to avoid that.

LivingOnAnIsland Fri 10-Apr-20 14:19:55

Good idea to start something sensible after the weekend! Thanks for your comments.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in