Talk

Advanced search

Tummy after baby

(7 Posts)
TheAugusta Mon 02-Mar-20 14:58:06

I hope this is the right place to post this question! I have a nearly 4 month old baby, and (I guess thanks to breastfeeding/not having time for snacks!) I've pretty much lost the weight I put on and most of me is probably a size 12. But my tummy is still pretty huge. I had a c-section and my tummy is wobbly and has stretch marks. My skin, which was loose after the birth, seems to be improving - can i hope for any improvement in my tummy size/wobbliness or is it likely to stay? Would love to hear from anyone who had a similar post baby body!

OP’s posts: |
MrsL2016 Mon 02-Mar-20 15:01:25

I didn't have a section but I too lost all my baby weight a few months after birth and still had loose flabby wobbly skin on my tummy. It did seem to tighten back up after a while, so hopefully yours will too. Hopefully someone with section experience will be along soon to give their advice.

TheAugusta Mon 02-Mar-20 16:51:58

Thanks MrsL, glad to know your tummy recovered - hopefully there's hope for me!

HulksPurplePanties Mon 02-Mar-20 16:53:12

Have you checked to see if you have diastasis recti?

KellyHall Mon 02-Mar-20 16:56:01

I lost my belly within 6 months, apart from a loose flappy bit that tucked in where my c-section scar is. Then dd stopped sleeping and I started gorging on cakes. My empty baby flap filled up with fat! I've decided to start exercising when dd's nursery is free so I have sone time to myself.

TheAugusta Mon 02-Mar-20 19:53:58

HulksPurplePanties - I have (just through internet instructions) - there was a bit of separation but less than meets the criteria for DR. I have done some of the core exercises for it (pulling bellybutton to spine) to see if it helps (not many though)

KellyHall - interesting, women who've had sections seem split with some being left with a ledge/flap and some not. This c section was unplanned but if I have another baby in the future I will probably have another section which I worry will make it worse. Your cake strategy is tempting!

ZazuMoon Sun 08-Mar-20 01:43:10

I had an EMCS just over 6 months ago after gaining a lot of weight in pregnancy. I have lost a lot of the weight but have the pouch. I’m doing a few Pilates type exercises which I’m hoping will pull it back in. A friend said her muscles did come back after a c section but they took the best part of a year.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in