Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I just weighed myself for the first time in 10 mths & I've LOST THREE STONE!!!!!

(60 Posts)
theamazingshrinkingmummy Mon 03-Sep-07 21:21:34

No my scales aren't buggered, I just haven't weighed myself since just after I had DD. I thought I was pretty lardy and bloated then but my clothes have all but fallen off me in the last month and so I thought I'd find out what I'd lost and THREE STONE!!!! shock

...and I'm still breastfeeding!!!!

I'm under eleven stone for the first time in two years having bloated horribly during fertility treatment, then ate crap throughout my pregnancy.

But it's gone! Now I want to lose another stone so I can get back into my leather jeans.

BTW if anyone is interested, Paul Mckenna, every night, 24 minutes, hypnotherapy.

ELF1981 Mon 03-Sep-07 21:22:23

OMG, Congratulations!!!!

Seriously - Paul McKenna?!

mckenzie Mon 03-Sep-07 21:23:22

very well done you! many congratulations.

MaureenMLove Mon 03-Sep-07 21:24:26

Wow! Thats amazing! Bet you feel fantastic & what a boost to spur you on for that last stone! My friend has just bought the Paul Mckenna cd and I can now give her the good news that it works! Congratulations!

theamazingshrinkingmummy Mon 03-Sep-07 21:24:39

Yes seriously Elf and I have to say I have never managed to stay awake for all of it! I always drop off but it's working.

I look at chocolate and think 'nah, not my thing' now - which is very irksome and weird but gives me a strange sense of pride. hmm grin

gothicmama Mon 03-Sep-07 21:25:34

congratulations

ELF1981 Mon 03-Sep-07 21:27:23

right then... off to ebay to see if any skinny mammas want to sell me their Paul McKenna!

frazzledbutcalm Mon 03-Sep-07 21:27:43

I'd love not to want chocolate but part of me likes the fact that i like it! Make sense??

theamazingshrinkingmummy Mon 03-Sep-07 21:30:15

Maureen - honestly nothing has ever worked for me - I got bored with counting at Weightwatchers, snorted with laughter at slimming world and just generally either starved myself or gorged myself. For the first time ever I feel like I've got a healthy relationship with food. It's fuel and I enjoy it but I enjoy it because it's controlled.

Also that CD does give you a lot more confidence generally, I reverse parked today for the first time ever in DHs monster car and I was so proud of myself I took a photo of my parking on his phone to show him when I got home. grin

theamazingshrinkingmummy Mon 03-Sep-07 21:32:41

Frazzled - well there is nothing to stop you having it if you like it - I still have full fat milk on my bran flakes, but I eat less of both and eat them slowly so I realise I'm eating and really enjoy them IYSWIM.

I think the problem with some foods is that you get to feel you shouldn't really be eating them, so you scarf them so they are gone away, so you don't have to think about it, and within a minute and without you being aware, you've eaten the whole thing.

Or I used to think 'well if I just finish off the biscuits/cake/chocolate, then they won't be there to tempt me tomorrow' hmm Which of course is twisted logic because it means I was fatter the next day and more fed up and more likely to go buy more crap!

pippo Mon 03-Sep-07 21:34:45

well done you!!!

frazzledbutcalm Mon 03-Sep-07 21:36:18

Im lucky i can eat what i want and stay slim. im only 8 stone. BUT i feel i just eat too much crap! I dont have the will power to cut stuff out. I think you're great for losing weight and reverse parking your car!! grin. i have to reverse park mine as its a people carrier, i think i'll get stuck otherwise!

theamazingshrinkingmummy Mon 03-Sep-07 21:37:50

Frazzled - you do realise you've just alienated half of mumsnet don't you? grin

frazzledbutcalm Mon 03-Sep-07 21:39:55

I knew as soon as i posted! im sorry blush wink

kitsandbits Mon 03-Sep-07 21:40:39

WOW!

Well done!

EscapeFrom Mon 03-Sep-07 21:44:59

Woooop woooop!

well done!

gothicmama Mon 03-Sep-07 21:47:11

amazing which cd did you use

theamazingshrinkingmummy Mon 03-Sep-07 21:48:41

The one from the 'I can make you thin' book (which I said in the bookshop 'bet you blardy can't' blush in front of loads of people.

I was wrong though! grin

gothicmama Mon 03-Sep-07 21:52:36

thanks

HorseyWoman Tue 04-Sep-07 00:46:20

Wow, well done. I recently had hypnotherapy, well am still having it, and it's working for me, though I have significantly more than you to lose after being ill, not pregnant. I can walk into shops now and not be bothered if I only get the paper I went in for and no chocs. Food lasts longer and treats aren't all eaten at once. Before we'd go shopping and I'd gobble most treats in one night, maybe 2 at a push. I stop when I am full and have a new positive attitude to eating and exercise. I came home from Gran Canaria (a week's holiday) half a stone lighter, a week ago, and have stuck for now as not been able to do as much activity with the studying, but it's going the right way, thanks to the HT.

WELL DONE YOU AND WELL DONE HYPNOTHERAPY!!!

MrsMarvel Tue 04-Sep-07 00:47:37

I'm gonna get that book out again...

HorseyWoman Tue 04-Sep-07 00:49:32

And to those who think HT helps you to follow a specific diet (I was doing RC), it probably would but it isn't recommended, as HT works on attitude to your body and mind as well as your attitude to food. Since diet clubs invariably teach us to hate being fat and to hate failure, they aren't compatible with the restructuring HT attempts to make. I left RC and am still having HT, and also have the PMK books/CDs, but I do, by choice, try to stick to low fat options where possible, and my choices are now naturally more healthy because I value my body more and see food as fuel.

HorseyWoman Tue 04-Sep-07 00:51:07

You should MM.

I thought I was maybe experiencing placebo and had posted about it on another couple of threads on here, but seeing another poster successful makes me really see it's for real and I can do it. I've even started doing more household stuff that I just didn't do when I was ill and so got out of the habit of. I am just so much more positive. But you really do have to believe in it for it to work, otherwise there's a barrier there.

theamazingshrinkingmummy Tue 04-Sep-07 06:46:45

HW - I tend to think actually that because you are feeling more confident that you can achieve weight loss, you start feeling you can achieve more generally. I am always surprised when people scoff at these things having never actually properly tried them.

Strangely, in person hypnotherapy doesn't do it for me, but the CDs do, perhaps Paul McKenna is better than the therapist I tried though hmm?

Fimbles5 Tue 04-Sep-07 07:49:04

Amazingshrinkingmummy - please help me with this. Listened to Mckenna CD last night for first time (I am one of those people who finds it really hard to relax - but did my best) - Anyway, do you no longer eat three meals a day? Am I right in saying that you now eat as and when you are hungry (how does this work in with family?). Also, how do you know portion sizes , ie do you serve a standard portion but then judge yourself when you are full? I have had this CD for ages, and have been considering hypnotherapy for some time, but haven't gone ahead due to cost. I desperately need help with my eating habits and would like to give this a chance. I would really appreciate it if you could advise me. Then just maybe I can be an amazing shrinking Mummy too. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now