Talk

Advanced search

6wks post C-section, BF and over 4 stones overweight - anyone else?!

(4 Posts)
ChubbyScotsBurd Mon 03-Sep-07 10:39:44

Gad, it sounds terrible when I put it like that!

Recovery from section so far no probs so I've ordered my Rosemary Conley DVD for a gentle start. Foodwise I know what I need to do - more fruit and veg and less of the cookies. I'm also skint so spending less on crap will help!

Plan is - out with pram at least once a day, three meals plus fruit (maybe the odd Hobnob?!), do my DVD a couple of times a week, aiming for daily eventually.

Am now 14 stone, aiming for 11 by Christmas.
Anyone else this wildly optimistic?

Joby1970 Mon 03-Sep-07 13:25:48

Not at all - if you have a few spare pennies I can recommend slimming world (take a look at the thread here on Mums net). I have lost over 4 stone with Slimming World (twice ! )

ChubbyScotsBurd Tue 04-Sep-07 07:56:23

Wow, well done Joby!

I am resolute that I will not spend anything I don't absolutely have to (it's so I can fund my extravagant 6 month holiday - ahem - maternity leave). Having said that I knew a girl who did SW once and she lost loads of weight (and ate like a horse throughout!) - so it is on the 'last resort' list!

westerngirl Thu 06-Sep-07 18:23:02

Hi CSB,

It does not sound terrible at all. Your body has been through a pregnancy and has naturally laid down some spare fat (isn't mother nature wonderful hmm. You have also had a major operation, i.e. been cut open, which you have had to recover from. And tell me how much normal movement a body can have minding a baby. I had NONE. I felt like a queen bee, paralysed by reproduction.

I lost 3 3/4 stone last year on weightwatchers and treadmill/swimming. See if you can beg/borrow the ww booklet off someone for basic food guidance, drink lots of water and exercise regularly.

Aim for steady loss. It would be kinder to your metabolism too. If you don't consume enough calories, your body will think you're in starvation conditions and will try and hold onto what you do eat as fat. I found having mandarins, apples, bananas and ricecakes to gobble staved off binging between meals.

Be kind to yourself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now