Page 2 | Lose 7lbs/3kg per month! The February edition!

(711 Posts)
cricketmum84 Fri 31-Jan-20 19:24:04

Hey all my lovely losers and welcome to the February thread.

Jan thread (part 2) here Lose 7lbs/3kg per month - The January Thread Part 2! http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weightlosss_chat/3807159-lose-7lbs-3kg-per-month-the-january-thread-part-2

All are welcome to join in whether you are a long-standing poster, newbie, lurker or watcher. All we ask for is the positivity we have seen every month so far.

There's a really lovely mix of people and lots of different diets, methods, recipes, hints and tips and an overwhelming amount on positivity and support from you all!

Looking forward to the first day of February! I'll be back in the morning to post starting stats!

OP’s posts: |
NerrSnerr Sat 01-Feb-20 08:26:47

Hello everyone and thank you to @cricketmum84 for the thread. I only joined last month but the January thread was great and helped me keep motivated. I'm not following any set diet as such, but counting on MFP and trying to eat less and much healthier. Exercise has been hit and miss but have been managing the occasional spin class.

1/1/2020-11st 12
1/2/2020 11st 5
February goal- 10st 12.

recklessgran Sat 01-Feb-20 08:30:18

Morning. My usual weigh day is Monday so will post stats then in the hope of a loss or at least a maintain. As things stand I am currently 1lb up from my last week's weight so am rethinking my strategy. I think I'm going to go with no cheese at all this month as I don't think that's helping. I use it in cooking and also if I need a snack. From now on I'm going to prep a salad bowl in case of snack attack. Also going to try harder with water as haven't been keeping up with that the last 3 or 4 days and increase OMAD to 3 days a week. Still determined.
Lovely to read everyone's progress. Have a great weekend all.
@DownUdderer that looks amazing!

cricketmum84 Sat 01-Feb-20 08:34:27

Morning all and welcome to Day 1 of February.

Welcome to all the new joiners since yesterday. Everyone is welcome smile

So Jan was a little up and down for me. After a gain in the first couple of weeks I managed to lose 6lbs in 2 weeks but overall just a 3lb loss for January. Hoping that if I can stick to what I've done over the last 2 weeks I can have a much better February.

Stats are:
Feb start weight: 18.10
End of feb goal: 18.3
Loss for Jan: 3lbs
Total loss: 90lbs!

I won't be having the best start to the month as we are kid free today and going out for a fancy romantic meal tonight! I got a gift voucher for Christmas for Italian 3 course meal and a wine for 2 people. Although not sure how much I will manage as my portions at home are very small! 3 courses in and DH might be rolling me home! I've been looking at the menu and am thinking hummous and flatbread to start, then they do a prosciutto, pea and pesto pasta that I might see if they can make vegetarian. Then tiramisu 😍😍

Will need to really pull back the rest of the week to make up for it!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

cricketmum84 Sat 01-Feb-20 08:38:55

@recklessgran cheese is my downfall and the only reason I'm not continuing with veganuary 😂 tbh I think I can be a lot more restrained after doing a full month without it.

My Trick is to keep the fruit bowl full and have it on the kitchen table so it's the first snack I see when I go in the kitchen. It's great for the kids too as I just give free reign over what's in there.

Tryingtwo Sat 01-Feb-20 10:10:14

Goid morning all new, current and returning and a wave to @AdventureTravelDreamer and a hope you come back - new thread, new start.
recklessgran I buy the pre-portioned cheese and babybel 83 and 63 cals redpectively. I snack on babybel and dice the portions and use them in salads, omelettes etc or slice them finely to put on crackers - I tried going without cheese at first and I really missed it.

Jan sw - 14st 1.2lbs
Feb sw - 13st 4.6lbs (down 0.4 from yesterday)
Target for Feb - 12st 11.6lbs but will be over the moon to be 12st anything.
I calorie count and aim for 1350 per day but have extra on Saturday's as that is family takeout night.
Loss since 18/9/19 - 3st 5.4lbs
My weigh in day is Wednesday but I am a daily weigher as it keeps me on track.

7Worfs Sat 01-Feb-20 10:13:22

Hellooo!
I fell off the wagon and have lost about 0.5kg in January. I’m near my target so motivation is low.
Will dip and out the thread, just wanted to say I’m okay. wink
Good luck to all of us in Feb!

JessJonesJumps Sat 01-Feb-20 10:39:44

Hi All, just marking the thread. I'll update later.
@DownUdderer lovely pics and scenery. I'm so glad you posted them!
@jontydoggle hope you're feeling better and this helps you to find the new thread!

Ihatesundays Sat 01-Feb-20 11:04:29

No change today and slept funny and have a crick in my neck!

JessJonesJumps Sat 01-Feb-20 11:11:16

Oops, it didn't autofill, @jontydoggle37 <waves> hope you and your DC are getting better flowers

Ok, my stats:

*Jan SW: 13st 7.8lbs
Jan EndW: 13st 1.6lbs
Feb SW: 13st 2.6lbs
Feb goal: 12st 9.6lbs*

I calorie count and try to watch my eating window. I'm trying to get back into exercise because I have hip and back problems which make it difficult. But I'm loving the yoga videos recommended by a poster on the Jan thread!

Last night I came up with the idea of putting tiny marshmallows and grapes in my marshmallow gin and I blame that discovery for the fact I'm 1lbs up today but it was totally worth it grin

Sjanish33 Sat 01-Feb-20 11:29:16

Hi all - I'm in the trying to lose 3 stone thread is it okay if I pop by here too? I'm a lurker but I think it's a great idea to have a 7lb target per month - that makes what I have to lose not seem like such a mountain.

I started on a VLCD last August at 96kg shock I'm perimenopausal.

I lost 10kg up until Christmas then I threw on a few more kgs bringing me back to 89kg - after January I'm down to 85.3kg which is an 8lbs loss but still has me needing to lose at least 3 stone.

I weighed in early this morning and I'd lost another pound (which I can't believe as I seriously fell off the wagon last night)

CW: 84.8 kgs
The projected loss for Feb will be 81.7kg's which would bring me into the 12's.

My method is IF 2 days a week and 1200-1400 calories on MFP logging the other 5 - And exercise in the form of walking and cycling.

beforeIhit30 Sat 01-Feb-20 11:50:14

I posted but it evaporated hmm

Well, checking in so I have the Feb thread saved! Sigh... smile

beforeIhit30 Sat 01-Feb-20 11:53:49

Of course @Nomorerainplease everyone is welcome here!

Nomorerainplease Sat 01-Feb-20 12:11:10

Thank you!

MsTSwift Sat 01-Feb-20 12:19:28

Oct 19 76kg 11 st 9
Jan 63 kg 10 st

Like to lose a little bit more if not maintain
Dropped a dress size too

MercuryRising Sat 01-Feb-20 12:20:01

I would like to join you. I lost 5 pounds in January. We are off to a friends for homemade curry and wine tonight but I will be back to being healthy in the morning. I weighed myself this morning and I am currently 12.12. I'm 2.5 stone heavier than I would like to be but pleased it is coming down.

SunsetBoulevard3 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:23:10

Could someone post a link to WW code please?

cricketmum84 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:26:49

@SunsetBoulevard3 mine is below. Please post your own once you have got it for the next person smile as you get a free month too when it's used.

https://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/uk/checkout/iaf/?iaftoken=A203AD3900

DandyAF Sat 01-Feb-20 12:33:46

@cricketmum84 is WW how you’ve lost 90lbs? Amazing effort, mucho kudos! star

I’m deliberating between WW and just tracking on MFP. I lost weight using WW a long time ago and liked it. But MPF is cheaper and counting calories rather than points means you know the actual value of something. Any advice as to why any of you prefer one over t’other appreciated smile

cricketmum84 Sat 01-Feb-20 12:49:20

Hey @DandyAF yes all down to ww!

It's taken me since December 2018 so just over a year. I did get a bit bored of ww around September time so did a couple of months of MFP but didn't lose anything so we are back to ww from December.

The things I like about ww are:
Huge amounts of recipes that are easy to search and follow and track
3 different plans with different points allowances and free foods so you can pick something that suits your lifestyle
Free foods that don't need weighing
Weekly point budget for treats
Connect app for motivation and lots of progress pictures

BlueEyedFloozy Sat 01-Feb-20 12:53:15

Afternoon all, Happy 1st of the month! grin

Stats:
01/02: 13st 12.25lbs
Overall goal: 11st
To go: 40.25lbs

Today's plan:
B - 2x toast, 2x egg and tomato
L - Roasted tomato and basil soup
D - Chilli and rice
S - Melon and grapes, 2x rich tea biscuits

DandyAF Sat 01-Feb-20 15:37:18

@cricketmum84 thank you so much. The saving up for weekly treats was something I really liked, as I don’t eat the same amount each day and I do eat out far, far too much at least once a week. Okay that’s me sold, starting on Monday.

SunsetBoulevard3 Sat 01-Feb-20 18:48:02

cricket

Thank you! i will post mine once I've done it.

Are you using the WW online membership or going to classes?
I am trying MFP again but in the past have given up within a week.

I have just put in a 80 min brisk walk and it calculates calories burned as 116! That can't be right!

SunsetBoulevard3 Sat 01-Feb-20 19:21:16

The link takes me to the checkout without specifying what the price is or whether I get a month free. Am I missing something?

KedsAndTubeSocks Sat 01-Feb-20 19:28:16

I'm not enjoying my weekend off. I just feel like I've overeaten. ☹️
Roll on Monday.

Ecci Sat 01-Feb-20 20:07:17

I became a bit of a lurker during January due to health issues, but managed to lose 5lb. I will try to lurk less and post more this month.
Start weight for Feb 13 st. 4.6 lbs
Target for Feb 12 st 11 lbs
but actually anything that starts with 12 would be fantastic.
Luck and small portions to all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in