Talk

Advanced search

Im getting married in 2 MONTHS(!!) and need to loose about a stone - HELP ME!

(14 Posts)
kitsandbits Wed 29-Aug-07 19:31:51

Does anyone want to join me?

Am starting Saturday,

<<<panick>>>

tegan Wed 29-Aug-07 19:43:21

tell me what to do and I will be at the front of the queue

Kbear Wed 29-Aug-07 19:49:19

Right, basic rations girls, we're on a deadline here!

Lots of fruit (go easy on bananas though).

Lots of salad or veg every meal.

Cut out white bread and pasta (it bloats you). Stick to granary wholegrain bread, one slice a day, no butter. Very small amount pasta/rice per meal if you're having it.

Cut out potatoes altogether.

Oily fish like mackeral with a big green salad is very filling.

Walk everywhere. Swim if you can. Join a dance class like salsa or something or aerobics - go twice a week.

Come on, you've got to throw yourself into this and you'll do it!

Good luck

Kbear Wed 29-Aug-07 19:49:52

the secret is keep moving and you won't think about food!!!

KerryMumbledore Wed 29-Aug-07 19:52:51

It's the starvation diet for you my dear!

[JOKING!]

1 stone in two months is very doable.

1. Get an herbal detox formula from health food store. Floweressence is gentle. Follow directions.

2. Do a sauna\steam bath at least 2x a week to steam out impurities.

3. WATER WATER WATER

4. Absolutely NO PROCESSED FOOD, READY MEALS, etc. Occasional sweet, chocolate, crisps, fine (occassional = once a day max)

Walk vigorously at least a mile 4 times a week.

DONE!

babyblue2 Wed 29-Aug-07 19:58:54

We're on a diet at the moment, it currently involves minimal exercise. We have a fruit smoothie for breakfast, an omelette or salad for lunch and something for tea. If we're hungry we're having flavoured rice cakes, breadsticks or nuts. We have totally cut out fizzy drinks, bread, cheese, coffee etc and replaced it with cranberry juice but more often bottles of water which we fill up with tap water and put in fridge. Hubby has lost 1 stone in 3 weeks and i've lost half a stone. Good luck.

kitsandbits Wed 29-Aug-07 22:05:10

Hiya

Im thinking Im about 11st2ish,

want to be 10st

but have to be carefuk though as my dress is a tight 14 - and I cant afford to have it taken in! pmsl! So cant loose too much!

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 29-Aug-07 22:14:52

How serious are you?

If you're really serious, I can recommend low carbing. Just note that when you stop low carbing you will put weight back on.

Here's the plan:

3 days 'hard core' - no carbs (this is based on a plan by a guy called Stillman) and involves eating only lean meat/fish for 3 days. Maximum of 5g carbs each day. So that means cutting out tea/coffee if you drink it with milk. Your diet will consist of eggs, lean meat/fish only. No fat to be used in cooking of your meals. No alcohol.

After these 3 days, move onto Atkins Induction for the next 14 days = 20g of carbs each day, which should come only from salad and green vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower.

You should eat more fat during this period, and will be able to introduce cream, butter and cheese.

No alcohol during this period at all.

If you really want to lose a stone, if you follow this (which is for 17 days) you should lose at least half a stone - so you have another fortnight to lose the rest!

Atkins is very, very badly misrepresented in the media - his book The New Diet Revolution (or something like that) is really worth reading.

It isn't supposed to be a quick fix - but it should help you if you follow it for the next month!

battlestar Wed 29-Aug-07 22:20:29

first, congratulations.
second, i can also recommend the atkins. however you wont put on weight again if you learn how to eat differently, and continue on the maintenace for life.
however, a word of caution. weight loss that happens too quickly is going to show on your face. skinny pinched in, dark circles roundyour eyes, blotchy skin is not the look i would want as a bride. is a stone really necessary? surely a dress that is fitted really really well, tailored etc to you, good underwear and a glowing happy face wouldl be better at making you look your best?
two months is still acheivable with the atkins as it does give you time tolose the weight and move onto the maintenace. get the book and read it through, andmake sure you have all the foods at home before you startt. also, during the indution time, it would be easier to stick to it if you dont eat out anywhere.
good luck kits

divastrop Wed 29-Aug-07 22:25:43

what date are you getting married?im getting married on october 20th.ive managed to lose 16lbs of pregnancy weight(baby is 5.5 months)but still have an annoying 6/7lb left to lose which wont go away!

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 29-Aug-07 22:29:43

And can also recommend that you drink lots of water - minimunm 2 litres each day.

It will help keep the hunger pangs away, is very good for your skin and will stop the dark shadows under your eyes!

Lilliput Wed 29-Aug-07 22:36:34

A friend of mine had a colonic irrigation done the day before her wedding so her tummy was flatter, worked a treat!

kitsandbits Thu 30-Aug-07 09:03:01

Hiya

Atkins/low carb isnt for me, I dont like meat or eggs so I would starve, lol.

Im just gonna do it how i did last time (lost 1stone about 6 months ago) by eating fruit, small portions, doing 30 min Davina workout evryday and going running twice a week

I also have tablets - not sure if they work, but they mentally make me think Im doing something extra!

kitsandbits Thu 30-Aug-07 09:03:43

Nov 17th is the date

Lilliput I couldnt do that!! ever!! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now