Talk

Advanced search

SLENDERISTAS! Hurry, the wagon is here! Join us to lose 7lbs and no January 'fails'😁

(117 Posts)
Elloello Thu 02-Jan-20 17:38:59

Aaaand we're back!
It's time to haul our behinds back on that wagon and aim for some healthy living.

Previous thread here:
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/3734457-slenderisters-unite-watch-us-avoid-bonfire-toffee-and-feel-virtuous-by-eating-soup?pg=2&order=

I'm going to do dry January which will cut out some wine calories. Deciding how to tackle lowering sugar/Carb intake too. Would like to focus on healthy fats, veg, some meat. Could do with a week long meal plan which covers breakfasts, lunches and child friendly dinners.
KOKO!

OP’s posts: |
Elloello Thu 02-Jan-20 17:40:40

link to thread

RedLipsAndRosyCheeks Thu 02-Jan-20 19:26:11

Hello! Thank you for the call out.

I am here and back on the wagon. Thank fuck because all of my clothes are far too tight.

butwhateverfor Thu 02-Jan-20 19:34:15

Can I come on the wagon, too? I need to lose a bit more than 7lb but it's a good start!

Elloello Thu 02-Jan-20 20:05:40

Yes! Welcome!

Elloello Thu 02-Jan-20 20:54:21

I enjoy a bit of inspirational TV and there's usually things on around now to do with health and weight. Anyone know of anything?
Not quite the same but has anyone watched Shrill on BBC iplayer? I watched a film on Netflix about a girl training to run a marathon and what she overcame.
Need great TV to see me through the dark nights!

fishonabicycle Thu 02-Jan-20 20:56:03

I've been ill with sinusitis for about 10 days and still feel awful. Been eating too much and no exercise.

poorpaws Thu 02-Jan-20 21:54:17

Thanks for the new thread Ello and happy new year to everyone.

I’m driving that wagon. I am most DEFINITELY getting the weight of this year, no more messing around, just doing it.

Last year I had a stone to lose, this year I have to lose 2 stones 🙄

I am doing it this year, no excuses!

KickBishopBrennanUpTheArse Fri 03-Jan-20 08:09:44

Hello! I'm here and jumping on that wagon.

Thanks for the new thread and happy New year to you all.

I'm definitely here to lose 7lb this month. I have gained exactly a stone since March after having to change my HRT 3 times in 6 months. It's sorted out now so I'm on a mission!

I have been easing into it since the 27th so I've already gone from 11 13 to 11 11. Aiming for 11 6 this month and to see the rest off next month. I'm just going to do my usual method of no snacking, no added sugar and some form of exercise every day.

RedLipsAndRosyCheeks Fri 03-Jan-20 15:43:30

I recon I've got 21lb to lose. Preferably by May.

Yesterday I was pretty good food wise and went for my first run in a month.

I am now in bed with the dreaded lurgy that's doing the rounds here so that's not helped exercise wise. Hardly eaten anything though so every cloud....

poorpaws Fri 03-Jan-20 19:49:22

I’ve been sorting cupboards and I’ve found three very old Rosemary Conley exercise CDs. I’ve got the old CD player out and now I’m going to exercise the old-fashioned way and see if it works or helps in any way.

Day 3 today and it has gone okay so I’m on the right track.

Keep up the good work.

poorpaws Sat 04-Jan-20 22:34:07

Oh no, I’m on my own already.

I’ve been very busy today taking down the Christmas tree and twigs so that I didn’t eat too much. It worked because I’ve had another good day and I’m hoping for a fantastic loss this week 🤞🏻

Please, please come back everyone, I can’t do this alone 😢

KickBishopBrennanUpTheArse Sat 04-Jan-20 22:39:59

Still here paws!

I've been doing the same today plus a walk to test out my lungs. I'm going to try a run tomorrow.

I've been eating pretty sensibly (for a weekend) so I'm also hoping to see some losses this week.

Keep posting everyone. I need the support too.

RedLipsAndRosyCheeks Sat 04-Jan-20 22:51:34

I'm still here! I'm coughing so much I sound like a consumptive heroine....

Certainly not as waif like as one though!

Went to the cinema tonight so popcorn for tea. Not great but still a vast improvement on the festive season.

Elloello Sun 05-Jan-20 11:27:49

Still here! Propey on it from tomorrow as we are still clearing the not so healthy stuff!

Elloello Sun 05-Jan-20 11:43:28

I'm lowering the carbs for a week and seeing how it goes. Kind of following the Bootcamp on here. I was looking for a good cookbook for stuff suitable for the family, a slow cooker one by someone called Sarah Flower looked promising, but on kindle sample you can't see the recipes!

poorpaws Sun 05-Jan-20 22:49:55

There aren’t many of us on here yet, perhaps it will grow when people are fully back to work and all the unhealthy treats are finished.

I’ve had another good day, I am so on it this time. I’ve been working in the evening so I don’t sit and eat rubbish. I was cleaning the kitchen floor at 8:30 this evening, that’s totally unheard-of. God I hope this lasts, at this rate I’ll be thinner and have a clean house and that will be a bloody miracle 😂

Hope you are all doing well. It’s bound to be our first weeks weigh-in soon.

Ello when I lowered carbs I lost weight well but gained it back very quickly so it put me off. I hope it works for you.

Red I hope you are feeling better.

Kick you sound as if you’re doing well, keep it up, I’m here to support.

leesmum Mon 06-Jan-20 10:52:42

I'm dragging my lard over too, hiya ladies and happy New year!!
Hi Paws and Red smile
I have a good 7 lbs to shift, lots of water (yawn) salad (yawn) and exercise but it needs doing, my work clothes are very tight tcrblush

TVHubbyClaire Mon 06-Jan-20 11:00:06

hello again slenderistas...havent been on for a while but i need to get going again. Am at least 7lb over my target weight this morning and if i dont start doing good things soon i will undo all the good work i did in 2018 and first part of last year.

A slightly modified 16:8 worked well for me before and that's where I think I will try to start again but doing it on my own will be too much confused

lastqueenofscotland Mon 06-Jan-20 11:32:04

Checking in at a hefty 10 10. Starting again (for the 90the time) today

Cath2907 Mon 06-Jan-20 12:49:13

I had 2 stone 5lb to lose on Boxing Day so far more than the half a stone target!

I have lost 5lb thus far but the first week is always a quick win.

I'm just eating better and walking more - no complicated diet. Plenty of fresh fruit and veg, lean protein and no snacking. Sounds easy enough but I've been here before so I am well aware that it isn't!

TVHubbyClaire Mon 06-Jan-20 13:30:13

I weighed in at an unflattering 12st 4 sad yesterday and want to be 11st 10 or below.

Over last 2 years, with much support from this thread i have lost close to 18 lindas and dropped a clothes size. I would hate to go the other way

poorpaws Mon 06-Jan-20 22:15:16

Hi all returning oldies (oops I don’t mean old)

I am foul tonight, absolutely foul, I guess I coming down from the sugar addiction. I have no energy and I would sell my grandmother for a chocolate bar.

I have done zero exercises and eaten too much. I’m going to bed now so that I don’t bring the mood of this thread down but I did promise myself I would post every day. Hopefully I’ll be in a decent mood tomorrow. Even I can’t live with myself in this mood.

Keep on trucking everyone.

TVHubbyClaire Tue 07-Jan-20 12:30:33

Hi paws , i think you were right about a returning oldie sad I very much hope today goes better for you

i had a fairly good start yesterday and played badminton at night with only toast for dinner afterwards. Saw an improvement this morning but as we know only too well that may just be temporary. confused

More salad for lunch again today so fingers crossed i don't see 12st 4 again

Elloello Tue 07-Jan-20 13:25:35

paws you're not alone. I've cut sugar since yesterday morning and it's all I can think of. Gah! I've been reading (too much) and I think my body type is somewhere between endomorph and mesomorph. I've got muscle but I also gain easily. Advice for endomorph types is basically to cut carbs. I was thinking of doing a sort of atkins plan where you start off for a week at 20g a day, then a week at 25g etc until you stop losing so then you kind of know your carb tolerance level. It makes sense but I do struggle with temptation and the risk is ending up with a chocolate frenzy! I'm also doing dry Jan as for far too long wine has been a reward. I have to reframe it.

I have a big birthday coming this year and I so don't want to be unhappy. For all my trying I'm at an all time high so I've got to make it work so I can get on with my life!
I've just read so many things that I am utterly confused. Low carb high fat low cal?

What is the most sustainable loss and Long term lifestyle choice?
Opinions on the back of a postcard please!

This has got to be the year SLENDERISTAS, can we work it all out together? flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in