Talk

Advanced search

There is more to life than eating and drinking

(4 Posts)
Steala Wed 01-Jan-20 14:38:46

That's my new year mantra. Food is my comfort, my reward, my celebration and my consolation. It's getting in the way of me living my life. I want to develop healthier ways of dealing with things. Anyone else do this or overcome it?

OP’s posts: |
Longwhiskers14 Wed 01-Jan-20 17:17:49

It's my mantra too! Before Xmas I read Allen Carr's Easy Way To Quit Emotional Eating and it's really worked! The method basically turns you off junk food and bingeing in the same way he turns smokers off cigarettes. I've been a bit slack over Christmas with temptation everywhere I turn, but what's different is that I know I'm not emotionally eating to compensate for feelings, I'm just being greedy! So I'm getting straight back on it now without any issue. I'm not joking when I say it's been a life-changer.

OhioOhioOhio Wed 01-Jan-20 18:25:13

Really?? What pp made the message sink in? I thought I'd solved it. Turns out I haven't.

Longwhiskers14 Wed 01-Jan-20 19:17:42

OhioOhioOhio Not sure if your comment was aimed at me or OP! But if it was at me, then I can't really say what made the message sink in, other than it just made total sense! The book says emotional eating is an addiction just like smoking and breaks it down as to why you can easily give up. As I said, life-changing!

(If your comment wasn't for me, just ignore the above! grin)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in