Talk

Advanced search

Pepsi max addiction

(6 Posts)
Anonymous12xx Wed 18-Dec-19 02:44:25

Ok so, I have an addictions to fizzy zero drinks. Pepsi cherry. Coke zero. For the past 2 years. I have about 2-3 cans a day. I don't have diabetes but I am always so thirsty all the time and go to urinate a lot ( since?) but I do drink a lot of water as well.. so I think it's the caffeine maybe?

Has anyone got any advice for coming off it? Can you still have occasional treat days. Will I be able to lose weight easier? Maybe it might help with thirst?
Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
whiskersonkittenss Wed 18-Dec-19 02:53:22

I got headaches for a few days after quitting the fizzy drinks. Paracetamol helped. I think pop contains a chemical that makes you think it's quenched your thirst but it hasn't. It's just to keep you hooked.
Sparkling water might be good as I found I liked the fizzy sensation more than the taste of the drink itself!
Good luck smile

Aquamarine1029 Wed 18-Dec-19 02:55:26

I think you need to go cold turkey. None of it at all and drink as much water as you can. You may have a rough couple of days, but then you'll be over it. I have up diet soda many years ago and it was SO worth it. You can definitely do this. All that stuff is just rubbish.

FearlessSwiftie Wed 18-Dec-19 10:53:26

I used to be addictive to Pepsi Cherry as well but then I just stopped somehow and never noticed anything bad. But now I`m switching to coffee haha, even though it`s been more than a year since I stopped drink this fizzy stuff

Span1elsRock Wed 18-Dec-19 10:58:20

I used to really struggle to control my appetite, and would easily have 2/3 cans of diet coke a day.

It's amazing what stopping it did to my appetite ..... it's just a concoction of chemicals that really are toxic to your body.

Swap to the caffeine free version for a few days, then stop altogether.

neonglow Wed 18-Dec-19 10:58:35

Switch to a cup of tea instead for the caffeine fix?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in