Talk

Advanced search

If i follow this healthy regime - do you think i can lose a stone in 6 weeks............................?

(19 Posts)
huffpuff Tue 21-Aug-07 20:05:38

I am 11 stone and want to lose a stone asap (hopefully 6 weeks). I plan on doing the following:-

1. exercise on x trainer / bike ride for 30 mins 3-4 times a week.

2. only drink wine at weekends (and then only one glass a night)

3. eat healthily, cut down on bread, pasta, potatoes etc and eat more fruit and veg - basically just eat properly without following any faddy diet

4. I only drink water anyway - so 8 glasses a day

Do you think this will work and how long to lose a stone?

TIA X

Theclosetpagan Tue 21-Aug-07 20:08:42

It should work - not sure how long to lose a stone - depends what a healthy weight should be for you. If you are nesr the healthy weight it might take longer. On the other hand, if like me you are quite a bit above your ideal weight then the stone will come off fairly quickly. I have lost 11lbs in 3 weeks but weigh more than 11stone.

huffpuff Tue 21-Aug-07 20:10:03

i weigh 11 stone but was 9 stone 10lbs before i got pregnant with ds.

Ideally would love to get back to that but realistically i would just like to lose a stone and then worry about the rest later!

MyPoorSoreBum Tue 21-Aug-07 20:10:13

i read that as "6 stone in a week"!

huffpuff Tue 21-Aug-07 20:10:20

i am 5ft 6" btw

huffpuff Wed 22-Aug-07 07:44:30

bump

Sheherazadethegoat Wed 22-Aug-07 08:11:21

suck it and see. if you really stick to it it is entirely possible.

Tommy Wed 22-Aug-07 08:39:22

I think a stone in 6 weeks is quite a bit if you're not actually following a specific regime IYSWIM. You'll certainly lose weight and get fitter (and make me very ) but maybe not the whiole stone.

Can't do you any harm though!

harleyd Wed 22-Aug-07 08:52:15

hp i lost a stone and a half in seven weeks after my third baby but it involved 1.5hours at the gym every day and a strict food plan so it is possible, but i felt quite miserble for most of it. try not to put yourself under too much pressure to do it in 6 weeks. good luck

Sheherazadethegoat Wed 22-Aug-07 09:02:07

i did something similiar starting this time last year. i lost about a stone in teh first month but i was alot more over weight. definitely gets harder the closer you get to a healthy bmi.

zippitippitoes Wed 22-Aug-07 09:07:19

I think that is possible but quite ambitious..i think you need to do quite a lot more exercise than that though to get to your target in that time and eat nothing which isn't axctively good for you

the longer you take over losing weight the more successful it is imo

AllBuggiedOut Wed 22-Aug-07 09:13:35

I lost 3 stone in 3 months after I stopped feeding DS1, and to do that I needed to seriously cut down on what I ate and exercise at least 5 times a week. But as well as depending on how close to a healthy weight you are, it also depends how much you eat and exercise at the moment. You need to reduce intake significantly and exercise a lot more.

You know how something like Slimfast works - ie you replace breakfast and lunch with a shake, and a sensible meal at night? I did that, but without the shakes. Just had a skimmed milk drink and a bagel for breakfast and lunch. I needed the carbs to keep me going running around after the DS!

Hope this helps, and good luck. 1 stone in 6 weeks certainly achievable, just hard work!

FoghornLeghorn Wed 22-Aug-07 09:22:23

I have just lost 7.5 lb in 3 weeks but I have been following weight watchers. I pan on losing another half a stone and then hopefully another half. I find setting myself smaller, more easily reachable targets keeps me motivated so I reach my end reasult easily too
Think it is definitely possible.
Good Luck

Smithy Wed 22-Aug-07 09:31:54

Have a look at the Slimming World trial menu - it really does work. Also has tips on how to kick start weight loss. www.slimmingworld.com/healthy_eating/free_trial_menu.aspx

huffpuff Wed 22-Aug-07 20:06:53

thanks guys!

How long do you reckon it would take me to lose a stone following the aforementioned routine?!

Tommy Wed 22-Aug-07 23:13:06

if you followed it very strictly, you could do 3-4 lbs a weeks I reckon.

I los 4lbs in my first week at SW but only 2lbs on average per week after that

huffpuff Sat 25-Aug-07 19:12:04

thanks

Already started my healthy way of living!

After a month of only drinking wine at the weekend i seemed to have lost 4lbs straight away!

The food and exercise part starts Monday! (as always!)

LoveAngel Mon 27-Aug-07 13:05:40

Honestly, I think you will struggle to lose a stone in 6 weeks. If you really want to lose a stone that quickly, work in more cardiovascular exercise (maybe 4-5 times a week for an hour) and consider completely rejigging your diet - you don't have to 'go on a diet' but you might have to adjust habits - ie. no butter on bread, cooking in tiny amount of oil etc.

LoveAngel Mon 27-Aug-07 13:06:24

p.s. I'm not being a pessimist, honest! Good luck - I have been trying a healthier way of living for about 3 weeks now and have lost 8lbs - so you never know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now