Talk

Advanced search

Can I lose 6 pound through diet alone?

(5 Posts)
Offtobedigo Wed 27-Nov-19 15:28:18

I really need to lose about 6-8 pounds in the next month.
I don’t exercise a lot because I’m normally just too tired after work to.
I’ve started intermittent fasting in my own way, I stop eating about 7 at night then don’t eat till about 12.30-1.00 the next day.
I do feel a little slimmer and I’m trying to eat around 2 meals a day and 2 healthy snacks.
Any advice to kick start it and drop a few pounds? Is it possible to lose around that much in a month tia

OP’s posts: |
MyFamilyAndOtherAnimals1 Wed 27-Nov-19 15:42:03

It would be possible, theoretically, to lose 6 pounds from diet alone. But it would take much longer than a month and it would be horrid - you would only be able to eat a tiny, tiny amount which would make you tired, emotional and more prone to being ill.

If you do some light exercise - go out for evening walks / go shopping etc. you'll be able to eat much more, be fitter and feel much better for it.

afrikat Wed 27-Nov-19 15:45:00

You could do it by following the Fast 800 diet. I did it this way as I cant exercise at all and lost weight v quickly and its stayed off by eating healthily and doing TRE

FrangipaniBlue Wed 27-Nov-19 15:58:59

Definitely - exercise is important but around 80% of our weight is down to what we eat and only 20% what we do

Look at any pro athlete - they eat thousands of calories a day to fuel their bodies but they eat healthy options ie low fat high carb/protein

PhoneLock Sat 30-Nov-19 11:44:08

DH easily lost 8 pounds in a month. More actually. If you are bigger to start with, it isn't that hard.

He's lost nearly two stone since the start of October and has probably another stone to go (he's judging by what he sees in the mirror, not the scales). He's found it pretty easy to do by not eating anything at all on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Fridays he tends to slip a bit because he does have a couple of beers and a packet of crisps.

Day to day, he says he feels better, not worse and intends to carry on not eating on Mondays once he get to his "ideal" weight to maintain.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in