Talk

Advanced search

Please give me some will power!!!

(6 Posts)
SMurphy91 Tue 12-Nov-19 17:25:00

I'm trying to diet (looking to lose 1.5 stones by march for my dream holiday) and of course there is always something stopping me. Whether it be a family meal out, a birthday or just biscuits being offered around the office, I don't take much persuading blush
I have all of my meals planned for this week and had resolved to stick to it no matter what. Now my husband is talking about ordering dominos and is going to order himself one whether I join him or not!!! HELP!! Can I really watch him eat pizza while I eat a measly salad?!

OP’s posts: |
Greatdomestic Wed 13-Nov-19 19:22:35

Hi op, yes you can. I hope that you didn't succumb but if you did its not the end of the world.

I'm trying to br focussed at the moment to get rid of 10-12 pounds. My willpower is at times great, but at my age I need a sustained effort.

I'm half way through week 2 of no snacking or puddings. I have a dreadful sweet tooth and if I start I can't stop. So no starting is the key.

You can do this.

ppeatfruit Thu 14-Nov-19 14:23:48

I lost that amount of weight (without wanting to) when I stopped drinking 'normal tea and coffee' and increased drinking water, herbal teas etc. Oh and eating fruit on an empty stomach and began eating protein with salads and veg. no carbs. I have carbs with veg and or pnut\almond butter it's called Food Combining.

Knittedfairies Thu 14-Nov-19 14:30:49

I think you need 'won't' power rather than 'willpower', as in 'I won't have a biscuit/pizza/whatever just now, thanks'.
Good luck!

Crazybirdlady Thu 14-Nov-19 14:33:57

I hear ya. I need to lose the same amount to get back to my normal weight. It's just crept up on my over the last year.
I have zero will power but I've decided that when I feel myself slipping I'm going to go and look in the mirror, and look at all my lovely clothes that I can't fit into anymore, hopefully that will do it!
Can your dh not get on board and be a bit more considerate?

ppeatfruit Thu 14-Nov-19 16:21:18

It's a pain because sugar and fat plus wheat are the most addictive foods, also alcohol of course , and we are bombarded with ads, programmes on telly etc. pushing cakes and chox ALL the time shock grin

OMG Christmas is just round the corner too Aaaaah !!!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in