Talk

Advanced search

Lose 7lbs/3kg a month - November thread

(501 Posts)
cricketmum84 Thu 31-Oct-19 20:14:57

Hello my lovelies! New thread as promised! Link to previous thread below:

Lose 7lbs/3kg in October! http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weightlosss_chat/3705063-lose-7lbs-3kg-in-october

Here is your 7lb in November challenge!

All are welcome, newbies, old timers, lurkers and everyone in between. There's a mix of weight loss methods going along, diets and exercise plans.

All we ask is for the wonderful positivity and support that we see every month. Check in when you can, share your favourite meals and recipes. Follow me around to knock any unhealthy food out of my hand...

Let's get ready to smash November!!

I only lost 1lb in October... not good at all. But now I need to get out of my sulk and get cracking on a decent loss for November!

Good luck everyone and I'll see you all tomorrow to start the month off!

We have got this!!!

OP’s posts: |
WoollyFoolly Thu 31-Oct-19 20:23:03

Checking in ready for tomorrow. Hoping to see a number starting with 11 in November!

Greedygutz Thu 31-Oct-19 20:30:06

Hello, I’d like to join please. I’ve been lurking on your previous threads and love how supportive everyone is.
I started my weight loss journey in June and was very successful to begin with. All went well for the first few months but then I’ve stalled over the last month or so.
Need to refocus my efforts and not let the bad eating habits creep back in. Hovering around 3 stone loss. Another 2 stone lighter would be great, 3 would be amazing.

PaulHollywoodsSexGut Thu 31-Oct-19 20:59:57

Here I am again...

WingDefence Thu 31-Oct-19 21:03:14

Me too - back again... sorry but last month didn’t work out for me. Tons of comfort food the past few weeks as I’ve been put at risk of redundancy (twice in two years, last time I was actually made redundant so dreading that happening again tbh). But hoping for a better time with weight loss in November.

Ferrisbuellersdayoff Thu 31-Oct-19 21:03:42

Hello, I lost a stone earlier this year, and have managed to keep it off since May. I would love to lose another stone by Christmas, and another half a stone by Valentine's Day so 7lbs in November would be awesome. I'm sitting on the sofa drinking full fat Coke and picking at Halloween sweets.

Ferrisbuellersdayoff Thu 31-Oct-19 21:09:11

Height: 5ft 6 on a tall day;
Weight at the start of 2019: 12st 4lbs;
Current weight: 11st 4lbs;
Goal by Christmas: 10st 4lbs;
Ultimate goal: literally anything under 10st, which I haven't been since about 2006;
Number of times since 6 year old was born that I have hit 10st 4lbs, only to pile it all back on again: 2, not including current attempt.

Baguetteaboutit Thu 31-Oct-19 21:11:57

Hello. I'm back in. I'm using the limbo between boards to scoff all the Halloween sweets of dubious origin from my kid's haul. grin

NowYouListenToMeFella Thu 31-Oct-19 21:20:40

Joining in if that's ok. 7lbs off in November sounds great. Have been eating so much rubbish the last few months I'd say I'm up 10lbs.

Don't weigh myself but can tell by clothes and the multiple chins I am now sporting.

Starting a 6 week personal training package next week. Glad I found this thread. Good luck to all.

Ihatesundays Thu 31-Oct-19 21:39:45

Checking in

beforeIhit30 Fri 01-Nov-19 05:11:11

Checking in for November smile

Start weight: 179.6lb
Oct loss: 4.4lb
Total loss: 7.2lb
Goal: 140-145lb (27.4-32.4lb to go!)

Yesterday:
B: sausages, eggs, creamy coffees.
D: Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, pork steak.

Egghead68 Fri 01-Nov-19 05:38:38

Checking in. Thank you for the new thread. Back up to 71.6kg this morning after a curry yesterday.

Goal for November - break the 70kg barrier.

Happy Friday everyone!

DownUdderer Fri 01-Nov-19 05:41:06

I was down a pound this morning, that’s 9lbs gone in October!

I want to get to a flattering weight by my birthday in Jan.

NSV today I wore a dress from the back of the wardrobe, I think I wore it 4 or 5 years ago. I’m dreaming about some new clothes that I can buy! I’m happy just looking and dreaming at the moment!

OrangeLola Fri 01-Nov-19 06:00:19

Last year, I went from 73kg to 64kg. It was very hard work. This year, I'm back up to 68kg (so not too bad). All the lovely winter clothes I bought last year are feeling rather tight.
I'd like to get down to 57kg (9 stone), at the very least break the 10st barrier (63.5kg - I was so close last year). I bought slimfast 7 day kick start pack. Keep putting it off though. But today is 1st November! Here I go.
Any advise for using slimfast greatly appreciated.

Vebrithien Fri 01-Nov-19 07:14:01

Been AWOL for a bit, am currently on the 5th week of a chesty cough and still feeling rough with it. So no real loss for October.

Start the month at 90kg, aiming for 85kg in time for Christmas.

Have lost 21kg since April. Got to pick myself up, lose the cough and keep on walking!

cricketmum84 Fri 01-Nov-19 08:21:59

Morning all! Welcome to day 1 ❤️

Hello to the newbies and welcome back to the regulars smile

Stats for me are:
Current weight: 19.2
Loss for October: 1 bloody sodding pound!
Loss for 2019: 6 stone exactly
Target for November 18.7 (9lbs)

Going on holiday today until Monday so I don't expect to start losing until next week but I'll still check in each day to keep myself accountable! I won't be doing 16:8 over the weekend but will still try to eat low cal and healthy!

Plan for today is:
1pm: small portion of leftover lentil chilli and quinoa
Evening (not sure what time we will get to the caravan) fish from the chippy with batter removed (must not then eat batter) and mushy peas. Yum!
Few gin and slimline tonics. Well I am on holiday!

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great day!

7Worfs Fri 01-Nov-19 08:45:08

Morning all and welcome new joiners smile

cricket thank you for new thread, enjoy the holiday!

@WingDefence Sorry to hear about the at risk - been there! Hopefully all be fine, but if not - you’ll find something better internally or externally.

After the 4kg October loss I’ve gained 0.4kg back overnight - a bit of extra food and baby dropped a night feed.

November stats:

Current weight: 65.6kg
Target weight (pre-pregnancy): 62kg

I will continue with 15:9 (which proved extremely effective), but won’t be reducing calories. With baby dropping night feeds and me getting lighter, I don’t expect to lose more than 2kg in November, but we’ll see.

Will be doing 20min of fasted HIIT as and when, hopefully at least 3 times a week.

I highly recommend logging weight daily on an app (I use Happy Scale) - I found it adds a competitive element as I want to beat my previous day’s record, and it does projections too which is helpful.

Good luck all, we’ve got this. star

Baguetteaboutit Fri 01-Nov-19 08:55:18

Have a lovely holiday cricket!

Down a smidge today but I'm not counting it as I woke up super thirsty so it's fake loss and not to be trusted.

Today I'm going to have porridge, berries, banana and flaxseeds, I'm going to make a sweet potato soup for lunch and have leftover mushroom risotto tonight. That's the plan anyway.

I've already done yoga at home this morning, just about destroyed myself attempting a crow pose blush

OrangeLola Fri 01-Nov-19 08:57:13

No pastry with my morning coffee!

cricketmum84 Fri 01-Nov-19 08:59:25

I would love to get back into yoga @Baguetteaboutit but I would feel so stupid at a class with the size I am now. I'd be like one of them massive fat seals flopping around on the land.

WingDefence Fri 01-Nov-19 09:07:17

Thanks @7Worfs smile

So I weighed myself this morning as 11 stone 2.6 so +1lb since the start of Oct, which is actually better than I suspected. Would love to get near to 10.7 by the end of this month but no strategy planned as yet... confused

WoollyFoolly Fri 01-Nov-19 09:20:00

@cricketmum84 6 stone loss is incredible, are you noticing any health benefits from it? I can do so much more than I could before even with only 2 and a bit stone down. Please don't let your weight put you off doing yoga, I've done yoga for years (can't at the moment with dodgy hips!) and there are usually all shapes and sizes in classes.

So starting the month at 12.2, if I lose my normal average of 5lb a month that'll take me to 11st 11lbs which seems rather a nice target for November.

Baguetteaboutit Fri 01-Nov-19 09:25:57

There's a full complement of body types at my yoga class, but I only go to that once a week. The rest of the time I just pick one of the 30 day type challenge on YouTube/ Amazon.

helloisitmeyourelookingfor Fri 01-Nov-19 09:44:01

Newbie sneaking in at the back

I lost 4st a couple of years ago, now back to my original starting weight -really not impressed with myself

Been lurking for a couple of months but saw some pics of myself last weekend and thought I'm either going to keep getting bigger until I literally explode or I'm going to do something about it

Last day of half term for me means cooked breakfast (eggs, sausage and tomatoes) and I'm just prepping to put a stew in the slow cooker for tea later

Onesmallstep67 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:43:51

Morning, sounds like lots of lovely positivity heading into November, we can do this !

November starting weight: 16 st
Loss in October : 8lbs
Loss since April'19 : 3st 1lb
Target for November: 15st 7lbs.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in