Frugaleers talk food/fitness & weight loss - last push for 2019

(978 Posts)
Not2bObvious Mon 28-Oct-19 09:25:54

New thread for us to chat on

OP’s posts: |
LuluBellaBlue Mon 28-Oct-19 09:28:20

Ooh hello Not2 new on here and starting a 2 stone weight loss journey as from today!

Innishh Mon 28-Oct-19 13:44:43

Hello - can I join? I have done all the diets and yo-yoed for decades. I am now changing habits for life - I have been running this thread below for the past month but no one is responding now ....
I have lost 1st in past month. Am leading with my healthy habits (embedding one in at a time over weeks) and loosely following SW as quite like the recipes and like to face the music each week at weight in. I have adapted over the month to add in 16:8 and I am now looking to move to BSD.

My starting BMI was 33.4 - last wed was 31 - still obese - need to shift another 6lb to get to “overweight” and then another 2 stone to be in the healthy BMI range - but my target would to be in the middle of this (another stone) so that it is easier for me to keep the right side of the law.

I am a little worried transitioning from one regime to another.....

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/3705360-Changing-eating-habits-for-life-anyone-done-this

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 28-Oct-19 14:31:50

Thanks not
Welcome innish. Great going so far.

I've failed in my restart day

Not2bObvious Mon 28-Oct-19 16:48:37

I’ve been listening a lot to Jordan Syatt and he says this thing about when you feel you’ve failed - “you can’t f**k this up” I’m trying to remind myself of this when I feel I’m failing. Just draw a line under it life, you’ll do better for the rest of the day or tomorrow or the day after. Point is you’re not giving up so you’re good!
Welcome new folk. I did BSD for a good while, personally I don’t like it. It made me obsessed (even more than I already am) about food & 800 a day is flipping miserable - honest to god torture. Talk about feeling like a failure on a daily basis! I did 5:2 for a long time too, I know it works for a lot of people but not for me sadly. Found it hell on 500 days.
I’m not feeling very well today, self inflicted- great fun at the time but I am paying for it now🤢

lifelongfrugaleer Mon 28-Oct-19 17:15:19

Had a bit of a shit day. Will start again again tomorrow. Going to go back to 1800 again as well to cut myself some slack

WreckTangled Mon 28-Oct-19 17:33:21

Thanks not.

Welcome innish We're all doing slightly different things here. I'm type one diabetic so low carb and have actually reached my goal weight but stay here to maintain.

STS today.

Advertisement

CurvyInAllTheWrongPlaces Mon 28-Oct-19 17:49:26

Thanks not and welcome newbies.

So today wasn't too bad, work was ok, had training AM.
My colleagues are all very supportive and will tell me off if I start to do stupid things, like carry a child!

Happierwithouthim Mon 28-Oct-19 18:15:50

Hi all I'm sloping back after being off the grid, off diet, for the bank holiday weekend.

Lost my voice, phone, car keys & handbag on sat night, and recovered all except my voice really. Think I was getting sick prior to weekend though & drinking on top of that just didn't help

Food shop done now, all will be well again tomorrow halohalohalo

Pineappleunder Mon 28-Oct-19 19:01:28

Hi all.
I'm giving it a good go on 5:2.
These threads are great for accountability so I'll keep popping in.
Good day for me today. Went on my first run in ages.
Hoping to lose a stone for Christmas (and then set the next target.)
12 lb to go in 8.5 weeks so it's do-able if I keep on track.

Not2bObvious Mon 28-Oct-19 20:36:03

Crikey happier, that sounds like a good night out😂 Glad you managed to get all your stuff back, I remember waking up after a night out as a young wan and I couldn’t find my wallet. I found it outside on the road, it must have fallen off my lap as I got out of the taxi. I was bloody lucky. Exhausted, early night and then better behaviour for the rest of the week. V hard with eating out a lot but I’ll do my best.

Wolfcub Mon 28-Oct-19 21:31:56

Thanks Not2

lifelongfrugaleer Tue 29-Oct-19 06:48:29

That sounds like a great night happier.
Sts today. Going to be back on it today but need to drive to work so steps won't be hit

WreckTangled Tue 29-Oct-19 07:47:11

Weight up a fraction.

Wolfcub Tue 29-Oct-19 09:17:19

I'm still not friends with the scales. Too many half term carbs

Happierwithouthim Tue 29-Oct-19 11:11:52

It was a good night out, but I went too far!
Scales this morning 160.7
I'll be minding myself now all week.

lifelongfrugaleer Wed 30-Oct-19 06:22:42

Sts this morning. Not a bad day considering I drove to work 13k steps ish. Fbw. 1800 Cal and macros hit

Happierwithouthim Wed 30-Oct-19 07:46:38

Sts this morning, haven't completed mfp for yesterday yet

WreckTangled Wed 30-Oct-19 09:00:37

Down a bit. I'm at home all day today so going to have three proper meals. Still got this stupid cold and my period so feeling rubbish.

Wolfcub Wed 30-Oct-19 09:33:29

Scales continue to rise this is not good!

lifelongfrugaleer Wed 30-Oct-19 18:23:14

No fbw and slightly over on Cal but was slightly under yesterday

lifelongfrugaleer Thu 31-Oct-19 06:57:59

Up 1/2 today.

Happierwithouthim Thu 31-Oct-19 08:12:56

Up 0.9lbs, I'm miserable with headcold and laryngitis so exercise is nil, just work, sleep, eat a little bit, it'll be fine.

Wolfcub Thu 31-Oct-19 09:38:02

Scales heading back down phew. Still up but better than yesterday

Wolfcub Thu 31-Oct-19 09:38:46

Ah Happier hope you feel better soon Look after yourself

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in