Talk

Advanced search

Please help... I feel huge 😔

(5 Posts)
Cordial11 Sun 20-Oct-19 11:53:43

I have thyroid disease which has caused massive weight gain but this week I just feel revolting. I can’t bare to even look in the mirror!

Please help me with some meal plans for weight loss.

I live in aus and the summer is coming. I cannot bare the thought of being in swimwear ahhhh I am close to tears sad

OP’s posts: |
edwardson Sun 20-Oct-19 16:17:55

Cordia I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling crap. It's an awful feeling but remember a) it's just a body, despite what the media we consume might tell us, you are not defined by the size of your thighs b) you've suffered a health problem, and it will take a while to get a healthy balance that works for you. Give yourself a break because if you want to lose weight, you'll be happier and more successful if you're able to start out positively, and be kind to yourself.

Cordial11 Sun 20-Oct-19 19:47:02

@edwardson thank you so much! I am just struggling where to even start and find something right for me that eill work sad I need atleast 5 stone off!

OP’s posts: |
Alwaysgrey Sun 20-Oct-19 19:49:27

I’m in a similar position. Ideally need to lose 5 if not 6 stone. I’m very ashamed. Definitely start with diet. Cutting out junk, drinking more water. Meal plan.

makingmiracles Sun 20-Oct-19 19:59:24

Look up Michael Moseley and the blood sugar diet. Very successful at reversing type 2 diabetes and plenty of people doing it have thyroid issues and still lose successfully. It’s low carb/ high fat but the fat helps you feel fuller for longer. He has a book and there is a fb group.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in