Talk

Advanced search

Heifer wants to be Bambi. A thread for accountability.

(224 Posts)
TreesSandSea Thu 17-Oct-19 20:46:46

I lost 7 stone a year ago. I have put a stone and a half back on and now weigh 15 st.

I want to be 11-12 stone. I need to stop eating crap and get back on track. I am using My Fitness Pal to track calories and starting this thread to keep myself accountable. Anyone else welcome to join, but also happy to talk to myself.

Weight today: 15st
Breakfast: I egg scrambled, 1 veggie sausage, 6 button mushrooms
Lunch: 1 fillet sea bass, 1 cup mange tout, 50g cheese
Dinner: M and S plant power butternut and quinoa salad, one mango and quinoa 0 fat natural yoghurt

TreesSandSea Fri 18-Oct-19 06:22:45

This morning’s weight: 14st 12.2

Myusername2015 Fri 18-Oct-19 06:23:56

I’ll join you. Starting weight 14.7 I need to stop messing around and get this weight off!

TreesSandSea Fri 18-Oct-19 10:36:10

Hey 2015 smile
Welcome!
What’s your plan and target weight?

I’m pretty good at mealtimes but a really bad snacker. I am also an emotional eater. And I am prone to two weeks of dieting followed by a month of not weighing and putting back on.

I am weighing every day, posting all my food here.

So far today - 2 cups coffee, one cup tea

TreesSandSea Fri 18-Oct-19 17:13:39

Lunch: one- egg and one slice of quorn ham omelette with salad

More decaf coffee

Dinner: it’s going to be tuna and egg salad
And 2 glasses of wine wink

2 big drink bottles of water

MillieMoodle Fri 18-Oct-19 18:00:08

Can I join you please?

I'm 12st 7lbs and hoping to lose around 2 stone, hopefully by the end of May next year. We are going away in July and I want to buy some new clothes before I go, and be less wobbly when I'm there.

I had been hoping to lose 7lbs by Oct half term, but as that's the week after next and I don't seem to have lost a pound, I think I'll have to lower my expectations! Now aiming to get 7lbs off by 13th December as have a birthday party to go to then.

I don't do any exercise, I need to start making time for it as I have a very sedentary job. I eat junk in the evenings, and really need to overhaul my eating habits altogether as I m ashamed to admit they are dreadful.

I'll weight myself tomorrow and post my weight. Today I've eaten:

B - fried egg, cheese and bacon muffin
L - 2 slices of white toast with butter and strawberry jam
D - something from the dessert van  as yet undecided what.
Snack - 2 Jaffa cakes.

Drinks - tea, coffee and water. Don't have sugar in tea or coffee but do have milk.

@TreesSandSea well done on losing 7 stone, that's incredible!

TreesSandSea Fri 18-Oct-19 18:43:49

Hi Millie,
Welcome! So nice to have some friends to lose weight with!
What would you like to do with your eating habits? Are you at home or at work in the day? My problem with carbs (like jam on toast) is I am hungry so soon after! I am much better on low carb but I am not willing (at the moment) to give up the weekend wine ....

MillieMoodle Fri 18-Oct-19 18:53:53

Thanks @TreesSandSea!

I need to stop eating junk and replace it with healthier options. I need to sort out what to have for lunch at work every day. I usually have weetabix for breakfast and a sandwich or wrap and a yoghurt at lunch. Don't really snack at work and am getting quite good at resisting cake etc. I work in an office so am sitting down nearly all day. I need to get moving more when not at work! Also we need to stop having takeaways for dinner!

TreesSandSea Fri 18-Oct-19 18:57:15

We live in the middle of nowhere so takeaways are impossible here! What did you decide on for dinner?

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 08:50:55

This morning’s weight: 14 st 11

Breakfast: white coffee
2 big glasses of water

Already feeling so much better about my weight. I feel much more back in control. More comfortable in my skin. At 13 1/2 stone (my lowest weight for about 20 years) reached it a year ago) I felt amazing. I want to go lower than that to 12 stone - so I have leeway from 12-121/2 stone but 12 1/2 needs to be the highest I ever go.

I know that still sounds high, but I have at least a stone of loose skin. I can’t afford to have it removed so I have to be kind to myself and bear in mind perfection is not the goal.

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 08:51:51

How you guys doing today @MillieMoodle and @Myusername2015?

MillieMoodle Sat 19-Oct-19 09:32:30

We are quite rural but there are still takeaways that deliver. And we have two chip vans and a dessert van that come round the village. I had a bag of kettle crisps and an ice cream from the dessert van for my dinner. But today is a new day and the start of me being in control!

12st 7lbs this morning.

About to have a cup of tea and 2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk for breakfast.

12st 7lbs is the heaviest I have ever been and I don't feel comfortable with it. Pre-kids I was happy at 10st 7lbs so I'd love to get down to that again. I'm 5'4" so not particularly tall either. I'm currently a size 14-16 but used to be 10-12. I'd be happy at size 12 I think.

@TreesSandSea it doesn't sound high, losing 7st is an amazing achievement and you know what weight you'll be most comfortable at. I've also got quite saggy skin (thanks, kids) and my shape has changed since having kids so may have to readjust my expectations!

MillieMoodle Sat 19-Oct-19 09:44:35

I also need to learn to eat more slowly. I bolt my food and then end up overeating as by the time I feel full, I've already eaten too much! This is since I had kids, I don't think I've ever eaten a meal uninterrupted so I've got used to eating as quickly as possible so I get to eat while it's still warm. Same at work, can never have an uninterrupted lunch break.

My family are feeders too, I love my DF's cooking but my DM gets offended if you decline food or drink at their house so I've taken to not eating breakfast if we're going there for a meal and not eating tea afterwards!

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 13:06:48

Sounds like a good start @MillieMoodle 😁 Yes, kids mess with your shape and metabolism- I’ve got twins and a single too, so even without the extra weight I have been carrying I think I would have a saggy midriff! I’ve resisted a biscuit and DC leftovers this morning- about to have a salad lunch 🥗

You’re starting at my goal weight grin but I know exactly what you mean about not being comfortable. Last time I was 10 and a half stone I was 12 years old. I have always had weight issues but I feel as though I am finally cracking them - just need to get rid of this final couple of stone and then maintain ( yeah, that’s the hard bit, right?!)

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 13:30:36

Just had a one egg omelette with 25g cheddar and a green salad for lunch. Came in at 253 cals according to MFP

fizzfizzplinkplink Sat 19-Oct-19 14:12:15

Hi, can I sign up? Weighed myself this morning and was 12st 7lbs too! This is the heaviest I have ever been apart from when pregnant and I hate it. Only five years ago I was 2 stone lighter but then the peri menopause attacked me and the weight has just crept on. I'm about 5ft 6 so above average height but am really struggling to fit into my size 12 jeans and dresses unless I want to cut off my circulation! I hate that I can only fit into about a third of my wardrobe and so many lovely clothes are going to waste.

I naturally do a 16:8 fast every day as I don't eat breakfast and rarely eat after about 8pm but the weight is still going on and on. I know it's because my diet is truly dire and I eat so much junk and my body has given up the fight.

I was so shocked by the scales this morning that it's killed my appetite, so have only had several cups of coffee and a big mug of peppermint tea.

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 15:05:32

Welcome @fizzfizzplinkplink and another who is already at my target weight! grinblush Yes, it’s so easy to let what you’re eating slide into crap and ‘pretend it isn’t happening’ for weeks on end - but it shows up on the scales eventually. I would just add that not eating completely usually backfires on me as I then inevitably end up shovelling in crap junk food by the end of the day as I am so hungry my self control disappears. Could you have some veg soup or something low carb to fill you up a bit?

MillieMoodle Sat 19-Oct-19 15:37:32

Welcome @fizzfizzplinkplink. I also have a wardrobe of stuff that doesn't fit me!

@TreesSandSea omelette is a good idea for lunches, I never think to cook anything so usually end up eating bread.

I had the rest of DS2s toast and jam for lunch, which was about 3/4 of a slice. Also had 2 cups of tea and 1 cup of coffee. I'm starving at the moment though!

Sausages and pasta for dinner here.

fizzfizzplinkplink Sat 19-Oct-19 15:56:10

Hello. Just realised I'm also due on which always gains me 2-3 extra pounds in fluid. Still haven't eaten anything, except another big mug of peppermint tea. Don't have much in, so might pop out and get some vegetable soup and fruit. Feel like I almost need to purge myself!

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 19:12:56

I’ve just had quorn bolognaise on crunchy lettuce for tea, with two glasses of white wine. That brings me in at 998 calories for the day.

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 19:33:11

@fizzfizzplinkplink I am over invested in whether you have eaten yet and if so, what? 😂 I am also a bit frustrated that MFP thinks I have had too few calories so won’t make a prediction today about my weight loss hmm

TreesSandSea Sat 19-Oct-19 19:37:29

Also, @MillieMoodle we have chickens so always have loads of fresh eggs. 😁

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 08:11:53

This morning’s weight: 14st 10.8lbs

Coffee for breakfast

Hope you are all having a good weekend 😁

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 08:28:07

@TreesSandSea how many chicken do you have? Are they easy to look after? Well done on a good day!

I had two more pieces of toast with butter mid-afternoon and then we went out for dinner and I had a burger with a brioche bun, cheese, bacon, lettuce and mushrooms, with chips. And two glasses of Dr Pepper zero. And then about 5 small squares of Galaxy chocolate in the evening. I didn't use MFP yesterday but will start that today.

Breakfast will be 2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk. Not sure about lunch or dinner yet!

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 08:38:01

This thread is perfect timing for me, if you will have me?

I've slowly been gaining weight and I have been in complete denial. I look and feel horrendous.

Just weighed myself and I am 11st 2 1/4lbs. I'm short and small framed and the extra two stone is all hanging round my middle and chin!

Today's the day grin

Kaykay06 Sun 20-Oct-19 08:40:55

Can I join too, weighed in at 14stone 6 yesterday so need to lose it as only 5’2 feel like I’m dragging myself about.
I never know what to eat and I’m a nurse and it’s very busy when On shift so I’m more hungry those days.

WutheringFrights Sun 20-Oct-19 08:45:23

Perfect timing for me too!
Two years ago I lost 36 pounds and got to 9 stone 7 for the first time since I was 18. Sadly due to a number of reasons including a seriously ill DD earlier this year I have been eating utter crap and hit 12 stone again this morning and I feel utterly disgusted that I’ve let it all pile back on.
This morning breakfast is pancakes because I’m away at my mums and she’s making them 😳 but my aim to is to not cover them in sugar!!!!

We have chickens too....they are no trouble at all although we are fairly sure ours think that they are dogs! If you whistle they all coming running 😂

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 08:49:14

@pixidreaming welcome! Lovely to have you joining us 😁 I know exactly what you mean about the denial - so weird because I will avoid the scale even though I know i am unhappy because I am putting on weight hmmhmm
Anyway, welcome! I find MFO brilliant because it keeps me focused on how much and what goes in my mouth - I could easily eat 50g of cheese while prepping food for the DCs or a couple of pieces of buttery toast while prepping dinner.

Morning @MillieMoodle - we have 6 chickens. We made their run from builders Heras fencing with chicken wire underneath to stop the foxes. I just love having them - they are full of character and the eggs are just delicious. Also great as we have really increased the amount of eggs we eat as a family and they are good for us 😁
Hope you all have a good time today. I’m off to watch my older 2 play football ⚽️

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Sun 20-Oct-19 08:49:47

Good morning and hello pixie dreaming! I managed to do an 18hr fast yesterday, then had a tuna & sweetcorn sandwich on while grain bread, with a big pile of watermelon and a mug of Heinz chicken soup. So that was okay, but then later I succumbed to a small bag of Skittles and a chunky KitKat angry

This is what I do, it's like I simply cannot have treats it's pathetic. But weighed myself again this morning and I'm 12st 5.8lbs so have lost 2lbs.

This morning I have started the day with an Actimel, a small banana and a big mug of coffee.

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 08:50:38

And welcome @WutheringFrights
Sorry to hear about your poorly DD. It is so hard to keep on top of eating when there are other worries.

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Sun 20-Oct-19 08:53:12

Whoops sorry, I missed the two new posts. Hello kaykay and wutheringfrights <waves>

WutheringFrights Sun 20-Oct-19 08:56:57

Thank you for the welcome Trees.
DD is on meds’ now and under control but apparently my emotional eating isn’t!!!
I also have the added dietary bonus of owning a shop full of delicious food - but rather than grabbing something healthy when I’m working its usually something from the pie chiller.

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 09:02:54

Thanks for having me @TreesSandSea.

I have just been informed that it is 66 days until Christmas. I'm thinking that we could all lose a stone by then, wouldn't that be good.

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:07:29

Welcome @pixidreaming @Kaykay06 and @WutheringFrights

@WutheringFrights I hope your DD is better?

I love that chickens think they're dogs. We had house rabbits who thought they were dogs and they were so funny to watch! One even used to collect the post from the front door and bring it to me.

@fizzfizzplinkplink Sounds like a pretty good day to me and well done for losing 2 lbs.

I am still 12st 7lbs today. Not surprising really given yesterday's food intake!

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:09:02

Oops not sure what happened with the bold there!

Yes @pixidreaming a stone by Christmas would make me very happy. I was aiming for 7lbs by 13th December but think I need to be stricter!

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Sun 20-Oct-19 09:09:41

A stone would be fantastic for me, it would mean I could comfortably get back in my whole wardrobe again. When I say wardrobe I mean all my clothes in it, not the wardrobe itself I'm not that big grin

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:10:36

@FizzFizzPlinkPlink now I've got visions of you being pleased you can completely hide in your wardrobe again! grin

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Sun 20-Oct-19 09:15:08

I think I'd just lie down and ask to be shot if the only thing big enough for me to wear was my actual wardrobe grin

Doing rough calculations and can see that for us to lose a stone by Christmas we'd only have to lose just over 1.5lbs a week. Sounds doable doesn't it?

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 09:15:36

@FizzFizzPlinkPlink I am really struggling to fit into my clothes so a stone would get me back into them.

I have been refusing to buy larger size clothes, I have to squeeze myself into my current clothing and I'm fed up with looking like crap.

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 09:16:56

@FizzFizzPlinkPlink 1.5lb a week you say? We can definitely do this grin

Kaykay06 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:18:44

Thank you for the lovely welcomes, I was out last night so feeling a bit yuk this morning but planning a trip to the supermarket for food.

I would love to get into the clothes in my wardrobe again too, last night finding something to wear that fit was quite upsetting I didn’t feel nice and I’m frustrated with myself. I also have no thyroid so losing weight can be a bit of a pain as I don’t lose how I think I will by cutting down etc so adding couch to 5k walking the dog more and the gym, but also need to be careful not to knacker myself as I eat when I’m tired.

A stone by Christmas feels like a goal id like to achieve smile I hope you’re all having a lovely Sunday morning, I’ve got no milk so no tea for me. Water instead.

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:21:05

@pixidreaming me too. I've a whole wardrobe of stuff that is too small but I have to wear it anyway and then I feel self-conscious. Would love my clothes to actually fit me properly again.

@Kaykay06 hope your head's not too sore!

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 09:21:21

And welcome too @Kaykay06. So many people joining I can’t keep up! Being a nurse and having shifts I can imagine it’s really hard to eat healthily in that situation. I am a teacher and it’s basically 10 types of carbs on offer at the canteen each day shock

Howlongtillbedtime Sun 20-Oct-19 09:21:52

I'm in ! This will be the last one of these threads that I will join.
I always join and have a good few days , fall off the wagon , feel shitty , leave thread and then repeat a few weeks /months later.

I will use MFP
I will try and get off my arse more but I am not promising anything daft like hym 5 times a week. This is what I normally do and it is not sustainable and then I feel like I am a failure.

My meals are normally fine , I cook from scratch and love cooking.
My snacks are my downfall.

I am going to look for some good soup recipes that I can take to work.

I am off to weigh myself ....... wish me luck.

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 09:22:40

Are we having a joint weigh in day each week? I would like that as it will give me something to aim for.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sun 20-Oct-19 09:22:52

Morning, can I join you all? Started calorie counting at the end of June as I weighed in at heaviest 15.3. Now down to 13.5 so really happy- feel so much better already but it is soooo slow now. Probably about 1/1.5 pounds a week.
Need a little burst of chat to keep it rolling. Not sure what goal will be- I’m playing that by ear as BMI chart seems unachievable at the moment.

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:24:58

@FizzFizzPlinkPlink yes 1.5lbs a week sounds doable!

I was 12st after DS2 was born (he's just turned 3) and got down to 11st when I was on maternity leave, which was only 7lbs off my goal. I've been back at work for 2 years and the weight has crept up and up, I think because I'm sitting at a desk all day and because I'm permanently stressed! Now my goal weight seems so far away. But a stone by Christmas I think I could do!

Chocolatecake12 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:28:13

I’ve joined threads like this before but not kept it up so I need this accountability to get me to where I need to be.
I want to loose a stone.
I want to loose it by February for my ds’s 18th birthday celebrations.
Today I weighed in at 10st 11lbs
My problem is mainly the snacks/chocolate and cakes at work. It’s never ending. Not a day goes past when someone hasn’t bought in a homemade cake or savoury snack, sweets or boxes of chocolates. It’s so difficult to say no - my willpower is terrible.
So I will make myself accountable today going forward - I can do this!

Well done to those who have started off well - keep it up!

Kaykay06 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:28:54

@TreesSandSea thank you 🙏 and yes shift work is a pest and having to take breakfast lunch and dinner with me is hard some days if it’s been busy prepping stuff and not lifting a ready meal or going to the canteen which is probably similar with lots of carbs and chips is tempting but I’m not going to take money with me!.

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 09:30:44

Oooh yes, a stone by Christmas would be great. Then the trick of course will be keeping it off over that Christmas week winkgrin

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:31:49

@Howlongtillbedtime  you sound like me. This will also be the last thread I join because this time I am actually going to lose the weight! Good luck with the weigh in!

@pixidreaming a joint weigh in day is a good idea. I think weighing myself every day will make me miserable! How about Mondays?

@NaturalBlondeYeahRight Welcome! And well done on your weight loss so far, that's amazing! Has it all been through just calorie counting?

I'm curious how people fit in time to exercise and what exercise you do? I just don't seem to have time. I'm work 5 days a week, get up at 6, leave house at 7, at work for 7.40ish. Leave work around 4.30, home by about 5.15. Then dinner, play with DC, sort bedtimes, crash into the sofa around 8.45pm. Bed (too late) around 11.30pm. I think first off I need to bring my bedtime forward to a reasonable 10-10.30pm. Maybe then I won't be so tired and will have more energy. I try to get out for a walk at lunchtime, I will have to make it a rule that I go!

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 09:32:20

@Chocolatecake12 your username makes me hungry grin

Howlongtillbedtime Sun 20-Oct-19 09:33:04

14:3 shock

I am so annoyed with myself , I have a family thing at the end of january and would be so happy if I could get rid of some decent weight but then.

Kaykay06 Sun 20-Oct-19 09:33:51

Sorry forgot to add @MillieMoodle My head ok luckily but I’m so hungry banana didn’t really help much grin

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 09:42:39

Ok so weigh in tomorrow morning, everyone post their weight (if you’re happy to) and we’re al aiming for a stone from then to 25th December.
No judgement, only huge support and encouragement. It really helps me to post what I have eaten, do you all want to do that too? It helps to see my willpower (or lack thereof!) in writing, and also maybe we can give each other ideas?

WRT exercise, it is really hard but my Fitbit helps me - I try to do 10000 steps a day. I also walk the dog a few times a day and try to use that as some ‘me time’ to do some deep breathing too.

I also have a list of distractions- things to do instead of eat!
Walk the dog
Brush my teeth
Paint my toenails
Watch something on Netflix
Have a coffee
Drink a pint of water

Any more ideas?

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 09:42:46

@MillieMoodle I'm happy with Monday mornings being weigh day. Is everyone else ok with that?

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 09:44:07

And also @FizzFizzPlinkPlink it’s not just you! If I have a ‘starving day’ when I don’t eat anything, I always overdo it in the evening. It’s your survival instinct!

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Sun 20-Oct-19 09:44:16

A weekly weigh in would be good, I think Monday because it will make me stick to it over the weekend (well we can always hope).

I also refuse to buy clothes in a bigger size so have been crow barring myself into my size 12 jeans then feeling uncomfortable all day. Think I will start wearing my smaller size 12s as a constant reminder not to be greedy, it will be like a Corset of Conscience grin

Howlongtillbedtime Sun 20-Oct-19 09:48:48

Monday weigh in sounds good.

I need more distractions , I am the queen of procrastination with everything other than eating .
I read
I faff on my phone
I cook
I am starting a OU degree in feb so that will keep me busy but that is a way off.
Self care is a good one , so maybe
a face mask
Nails
Soak in a bubble bath
Exercise.

All ideas welcome.

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 09:53:00

@FizzFizzPlinkPlink oooh I like the idea of a Corset of Conscience. I can't get my size 12 jeans over my ample backside at the moment though! I've got a pair of size 14 skinny jeans which I can get on but can't do up so I'll aim for being able to wear those first!

Monday it is then for weigh-in day. Hoping I can control myself this evening and step away from the chocolate!

@TreesSandSea Yes happy to post what I've eaten. It will help me to think about whether I should be eating something if I've got to admit it to you all!

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 09:54:19

Hi @howlongtillbedtime 😁
What degree are you doing?

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 09:56:04

@Howlongtillbedtime I need a plan to keep me busy in the evenings. I will be using the copious amounts of beauty products that I have and currently do not use.

I blow dried my hair this morning for the first time in months and put make up on. Already I feel better for having made the effort.

Tonight I will be painting my nails, again not done in months.

I've kind of given up doing these things so it's time to start again.

Howlongtillbedtime Sun 20-Oct-19 10:01:58

trees I am going to be doing Pyschology with counselling. I am v scared , I am 48 and it has been a long time since I ever wrote an essay !

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Sun 20-Oct-19 10:05:05

Yes just calorie counting- around 1400/1500 on mfp - this is hopefully the lifetime diet now as I was starting to get some health issues from weight and it scared me being only 44.
Find it hard to fit in gym (even though I pay a fortune for it) so not much exercise here. I don’t drink during week either now.
Like the idea of Monday weigh in too as I seem to get to Friday and have first g & t and things slide a little....
I need to get into a fancy dress costume for early December that doesn’t do up at the moment!

MsMarple Sun 20-Oct-19 10:10:20

Can I join please?
I have a similar track record to howlongtilbedtime with more false starts than I care to think about...
I’m 16st8lb now, so I’ve lost about 5lb very slowly (through 16:8 and not buying chocolate ice cream) since starting new job in September. But they have Christmas food in the shops now, and I can already feel myself derailing...

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 10:18:37

@pixidreaming yes! Me too. Sunday night I try to paint my nails, but I have millions of bath/skin products and don't use any of them. I need to start and then I'll be distracted from eating, and maybe I'll look a bit less knackered too!

@MsMarple welcome!

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 10:19:31

Hello @MsMarple! Welcome! (And also of course to anyone I have missed - I can’t keep up!) well done on 5lbs!
I really recommend MyFitnessPal - it’s completely free and really helpful to keep you on track with portion size as well as keeping an eye on how many calories are going in. I swear, life is so amazingly much more comfortable at 13 and a half stone that 16 1/2. My highest weight was 21 stone and I was constantly uncomfortable, horribly self conscious and unhappy.
Keep on keeping on - we can be each other’s cheerleaders!

Chocolatecake12 Sun 20-Oct-19 10:22:54

Monday morning weigh in here we come!
The dreaded Christmas tempting food is in the shops ...... my downfall is Lidl’s mini stollen - not sure if I’ll be able to resist that!
Anyway today I’m going to cook a roast dinner but I’ll have a small portion and no Yorkshire pudding sad

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 10:31:41

@chocolatecake12 don’t feel sad about missing out. List all your reasons for wanting to get rid of your excess weight.
For me it’s:
Being healthy
Being fit enough to easily run about with the kids
Feeling good in my clothes
Layering up in the winter
Never having to worry about not fitting into seats/ costumes/ wetsuits etc for various activities
Looking nice when I look in the mirror
Loving myself. This is a throwback to not being good enough for my mum because I was fat
Being kind to myself by being healthy
Not being a sucker for all the ‘treat yourself’ crap around refined sugar. I really believe in the long term refined sugar will be in the same category as cigarettes!

We are treating ourselves well, how we deserve, by choosing healthy food and getting to a sensible weight. Not sure about the ‘corsets of conscience ‘grin go for comfy trousers and be nice to yourselves! wink

MsMarple Sun 20-Oct-19 10:37:18

Thanks TreesSandSea you’ve done brilliantly losing all that - I am going to try and keep your amazingly comfortable new weight in my head when I am tempted.

Totally agree Chocolatecake12 - marzipan things are hard to walk past! I did buy a Christmas pudding on Friday.... but will share with my children today rather than scoffing all by myself halo!!

MsMarple Sun 20-Oct-19 10:49:58

’Not being a sucker for all the ‘treat yourself’ crap around refined sugar.’

I am SUCH a sucker for that, you are so perceptive it’s a big con! Need to reset my treat mind. More time to sleep, time to read a book, walk with friends, making time for crafts I enjoy would all actually be nicer than a fleeting fumble with a bar of dairy milk when i think no-one is looking....

Innishh Sun 20-Oct-19 11:00:14

Hi all - can I join? Here is a thread I started a few weeks back - I am looking to do it by creating new habits now that I can sustain after the loss to maintain as I have yo-yoed all my adult life. There are some good ideas on there - especially the link to real life MNers who lost many stones and kept them off for years (end of thead) - hope they help.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/3705360-Changing-eating-habits-for-life-anyone-done-this

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 11:07:56

Thanks @Innishh - how are you getting on? And yes @MsMarple I am a sucker for it too, and I lol’d at the fumble with a bar of Dairy Milk - I know exactly what you mean!grin

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 11:21:45

I also lol'd at the fumble with a bar of dairy milk 

Thanks @Innishh I will take a look too, I am hoping to change my eating habits for good too.

Innishh Sun 20-Oct-19 11:24:03

Doing great - lost 6lb week one, then 2 on each of following weeks so 11 down - weigh in on Wed - so hoping for the stone in a month. Doing 16:8 (11am-7pm) means I shove all of my meals into an 8 hr window so I am v full and not snacking which is where the calories were coming from. Also zero alcohol. No processed foods. V aware I am a sugar addict so only having one treat once a week on a Saturday. I am roughly doing SW recipes - but working on smaller portions and lower carbs than they allow - also not using syns for sugar treats (except Sat) but using them for nutrition (olive oil, avocado, nuts).

Basically a clean up, eating like an emotionally intelligent balance grown up rather than an unruly gung-ho teenager (I am 52!)

pixidreaming Sun 20-Oct-19 11:40:06

@Innishh it sounds like you are doing really well.

I can totally relate to eating like a teenager with the food choices that I make. I'm going to try and eat like a grown up. I'm 51!

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 12:03:13

Just read both the other threads, Innishh, really helpful.

Here are my list of ‘Yes’s’ smile
Yes to lots of fresh water every day
Yes to enjoying all the seasons in the fresh air
Yes to good sleep and being warm
Yes to fresh fruit and veg, and home cooked food
Yes to a glass or two of wine on Friday and Saturday night if I fancy it
Yes to real food, food I am happy for my children to eat
Yes to a healthy life, and not being controlled by shame and fear and ‘not good enough’
Yes to treating myself as I treat my own beloved children; with live, understanding, thought and care.
Yes to guilt- free me- time
Yes to supporting each other with our journey on this thread.

Innishh Sun 20-Oct-19 13:33:59

That’s brilliant Trees - it really helped me when the poster on my thread challenged me with all of my “No’s” and “Don’t’s” - but it was v easy to turn them around into positives. I love your approach to healthy, loving acts of nutrition and pleasure for your loved ones. A great way to see it. I know that my children were v sad about my weight - worried about my health - and I am also sad that 2 of my 4 children are themselves overweight - and I take 100% responsibilities for inflicting that miserable burden on them due to my poor eating habits. But I am turning it around and they will also have my new lifestyle habits (except the 16:8).

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 13:51:58

@Innishh I firmly believe that although there is an environmental component (or else nobody could ever lose weight) I think there is a very strong genetic component too. So don’t beat yourself up over your children’s weight. My problem was not so much my weight but that I was unacceptable to my mother because I was fat. I felt the love of my parents was conditional on my weight which was a real kicker as a 7 year old. My low self esteem resulted in bullying and then binge eating...
My children are fortunate that they seem to have my husband’s skinny genes but if they had been overweight I would have been so do careful that they felt fully loved, supported and ‘good enough’ whatever size. Even now, whatever I achieve my mum says ‘if only you could lose a few stone, everything would be perfect...hmm

I am sure you are doing an amazing job.

Lunch: one egg omelette with 25g cheese and 50g leftover quorn bolognese. Green salad.

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Sun 20-Oct-19 13:56:13

Hello to all the new faces smile I too eat like a greedy teenager given half a chance and binge on refined carbs. I want to start eating like a real grown up. As I reach for an apple, I find it helps if I take the line of 'If I eat this it will be good for me and nourish me' rather than 'I wish this was a bar of Dairy Milk'.

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 14:35:31

I also eat like a teenager blush but sadly my metabolism doesn't keep up like it did when I was a teenager.

Lunch was a prawn mayo sandwich (236cals), Diet Coke and a bag of wotsits. Not great, but I'd usually have a sandwich with more calories and chocolate as well. We were in a rush and need to go shopping so it was a tesco meal deal.

I need to make sure when we do our weekly shop that we've got some healthy stuff in for weekend lunches.

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 17:13:16

Ok tomorrow I am on a train all day. Typically I would eat crap all day.
What’s a good plan? Onto train at 7 am, 30 minutes to change (big station) at 1 ish. Get to destination at 3.30pm. Pack a coffee and try to make it to M and S for a salady lunch?

Innishh Sun 20-Oct-19 18:57:08

I would just add that not eating completely usually backfires on me as I then inevitably end up shovelling in crap junk food by the end of the day as I am so hungry my self control disappears.

There’s your answer. Pack stuff for breakfast if you will not have time to eat before you get on the train. Coffee makes me hungry. On SW you can have 6 baby-belle lights (if you don’t have any other dairy) in a day. Those and a bag of apples could keep you munching away?

TreesSandSea Sun 20-Oct-19 19:25:08

Good point @Innishh smile
I don’t usually have breakfast but will take some apples. And coffee. And get a salad for lunch.

Today i’ve Had
2 coffees, 2 big bottles water
omelette with quorn mince and salad
2 slices roast, broccoli, cauliflower and gravy
2 glasses white wine

MFP says it came in at 998 cals

MillieMoodle Sun 20-Oct-19 20:44:14

I had a Jaffa cake about 3pm (only one, I'd usually have at least 5) and then had sausage pasta for dinner. Just about to make a cup of tea. This is when I'd usually eat all the chocolate but I'm about to paint my nails instead. Hoping that when I step on the scales tomorrow morning, I will have lost at least 5lbs grin

Innishh Sun 20-Oct-19 21:37:49

Today at 11 I had big breakfast of 2 hovis nimble toast, 2 poached eggs, toms, avocado and mushrooms.

3ish - Cappuccino
4ish - apple and

7ish - Big dinner steak, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, sweetcorn,

ElizabethMountbatten Sun 20-Oct-19 21:54:17

I will join. I'm 12st 12lb, have lost a stone and initial goal is to get back to 11st 11, which is what I was for my wedding 2 years ago! I need to be back in my size 12s!

TreesSandSea Mon 21-Oct-19 06:50:27

Morning all and welcome @ElizabethMountbatten

So this morning I weigh 14st 12lb

No idea why I am 1 lb up on yesterday, but never mind! So my target for 24th December is 13 st 11

Howlongtillbedtime Mon 21-Oct-19 07:34:48

Good morning everyone
I have weighed and I am 14:2 . My goal for christmas is to be under 13.
I am on a course today so will make sure I take a healthy lunch and ignore all the biscuits.
Haven't planned dinner yet but probably left over chicken from the roast yesterday and some new pots and salad.
Will drink lots of water as I know that will help keep me on track as well.

Good luck to everyone for a positive monday!

pixidreaming Mon 21-Oct-19 07:38:21

Morning all, I went to bed so hungry last night. This is new to me as I'm usually stuffed full of chocolate come bed time.

I have an appointment at the dentist this morning to have a root filling. I'm not looking forward to it at all, feeling pretty scared to be honest and no idea what to expect.

Have a good day everyone, let's all be good!

I'm going to have Monday's as my weigh day so I will report back once I've weighed myself.

Chocolatecake12 Mon 21-Oct-19 07:47:40

Bit scared to weigh in this morning as I did have Yorkshire puddings with my toast despite saying I wouldn’t followed by a waffle blush
Anyway today is a new day
Weight 10.11.6
Plan for the week - walk 10,000 steps - decline the snacks at work.
Good luck everyone

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Mon 21-Oct-19 07:55:55

Morning all. Start this at 13.6 this morning - aiming for 12.6 by Xmas eve. Gym today to try and cancel out some half term treats.
Good luck at dentist Pixie, it’s usually never as bad as we think it will be.

TreesSandSea Mon 21-Oct-19 08:32:48

Morning @pixidreaming, @Chocolatecake12, @Howlongtillbedtime and @NaturalBlondeYeahRight
We have to start where we are, right? And we can do this. One day at a time! Also, calling @Myusername2015, @MillieMoodle, @FizzFizzPlinkPlink, @Kaykay06, @WutheringFrights in case you’ve lost us!

Day 1, my plan is:
Breakfast (on train) :coffee
Lunch : M and S butternut squash and hummus salad
Dinner: Fancy dinner out. Don’t know what’s on the menu but will be tiny posh portions so not too awful 😁

FizzFizzPlinkPlink Mon 21-Oct-19 10:04:23

Morning! Weighed in at 12st 4.4lbs, so another lb lost. Am very surprised because yesterday was a bit of a right off because we ended up in Pizza Hut for lunch but I just had the flatbread pizza which is less than 550 calories and two salad bowls covered in 1000 Island dressing. Then last night scoffed quite a bit of chocolate sad

But onwards and upwards today. My first target is to drop these 4lbs and get below 12 stone again. Only had a mug of coffee so far this morning and about to make a mug of peppermint tea.

Out and about doing errands today so have decided to swap out my usual Costa Cappuccinos for plain Americans which should save me about 450 calories!

ElizabethMountbatten Mon 21-Oct-19 10:21:31

Weighing in at 12.12

pixidreaming Mon 21-Oct-19 13:40:24

Well I survived the dentist. Decided to treat myself to a coffee afterwards and managed to dribble coffee all down me thanks to my numb rubber lips. On the plus side I avoided cake grin

MillieMoodle Mon 21-Oct-19 14:10:48

Afternoon all!

I was 12st 6lbs this morning so 1lb off and my goal for 24th December is 11st 6lbs.

Resisted the chocolate last night so feeling very pleased with myself.

Breakfast was 2 weetabix with semi-skimmed milk. Just about to have lunch, which is a minestrone cup a soup and two slices of tiger bread with butter. Not sure what's for dinner yet but it'll be whatever's in the freezer as we haven't been shopping yet.

@pixidreaming I hope the dentist was ok. It's probably my least favourite place.

Great to see so many of us weighing in and full of motivation! We can do this!

pixidreaming Mon 21-Oct-19 14:52:26

@MillieMoodle the dentist went ok, thanks for asking.

No pain whatsoever but I find it exhausting being scared and vulnerable for an hour.

sparkle789 Mon 21-Oct-19 15:07:17

Can I join you all? I’ve really been struggling with dieting/binging for a while and need to get my head straight. I’m 13.2 atm but have been moving between 12.12 and 13.4 depending on how much binge eating that week. I know eating badly affects my mods so I really need to sort it out.
I’m going to do 16:8 between 11 and 7 as I’m not much of a breakfast eater anyway and try and stay below 1500 cals and see hi I get on from there. We’ve just made our garage into a mini gym so I have weights, punch bag and a treadmill. I’m going to aim to exercise 3 times a week.

pixidreaming Mon 21-Oct-19 15:21:39

Hi @sparkle789, welcome to fat club grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »