Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you been asked recently when your baby's due (and not been pregnant?)

(16 Posts)
Bubble99 Tue 14-Aug-07 21:50:25

I have. Three times this month.

I even have an imaginary 'due date' memorised. And have really hoped that I'll never meet the person again.

WideWebWitch Tue 14-Aug-07 21:51:19

Yep
horrid. The woman in q really wanted to piss me off too, she knew damn well I wasn't. (not saying I don't look it, I do! But she knew)

fishie Tue 14-Aug-07 21:54:17

ooh yes, on a training course last week i was wearing a higly fashionable smock haha. and i poured the coffee into the saucer instead of putting the cup down because i was so embarrassed.

Bubble99 Tue 14-Aug-07 21:54:42

Oh, that is horrid, www.

Mine have been really kind enquiries and, although I've said.. "no, I'm just fat".. in the past, I haven't wanted to make these kind people feel awful. Hence the imaginary due date.

Bubble99 Tue 14-Aug-07 21:56:18

Ah yes, those smocks.

Even Kate Moss has looked paunchy in those.

LucyJones Tue 14-Aug-07 21:56:35

oh yes, yesterday I was wearing a trendy tunic style top from topshop (or so I thought) and bloke who stips to talk to me in the street asked if I was having another one already have 3 year old and 11 monther. was very ped off....
Top will now stay at the back of the wardrobe.

Bubble99 Tue 14-Aug-07 22:00:06

Damn those tops.

Actually, whose idea were they?

PrettyCandles Tue 14-Aug-07 22:00:07

Not recently, but it happened to me at a 10year reunion. I hadn't seen the man in question for about 2y, at which time I had only ds1. He asked me when I was due and I replied "6 months ago - her name is Xxx and she weighed 9lb3oz." He practically fell over himself apologising and everyone else pmsl'd themselves.

I have also had "What, you're still pregnant!?" just as I opened my mouth to announce the birth (a few days earlier) to someone.

Bubble99 Tue 14-Aug-07 22:02:36

Did you announce the birth to the latter, or just tell them how the 'pregnancy' was progressing?

GoingThroughChanges Tue 14-Aug-07 22:03:03

Yes. Someone told my MIL they had seen me in the shops & was angry at her for not telling them I was pregnant!!

That day I started a diet & lost almost 3 stone!! Wish I could get the willpower now again!!

LucyJones Tue 14-Aug-07 22:03:53

I think Kate Moss is to blame because she looks stick thin whatever she wears
I think I'd rather be asked if I was pregnant than ask someone who isn't..... oh the shame and embarassment!

scienceteacher Tue 14-Aug-07 22:04:40

Happens to me all the time.

dissle Tue 14-Aug-07 22:06:17

was told i look "blooming" a few weeks ago.

fucking "BLOOMiNG" wtf!!!!!

PrettyCandles Tue 14-Aug-07 22:10:30

I jolly well did announce it to them! Harumph!

And those smock-tops are dire for anyone with more than the bare minimum of curvature. Particularly the ones with a little gather under the boobs. How I searched for something like that when I was pregnant!

KristinaM Tue 14-Aug-07 22:10:40

oh goody, i want to moan about this

went into small local chemists on holiday

ask sales assistant for metanium nappy cream

she says they have soem other creams which are cheaper

i say no thanks this one suits baby best

(this shoudl have been a clue that i already have a baby i think)

proceed to till. i ask to speak to pharamacist & ask her advice if i can take a particular OTC med while i am breast feeding. answer yes. all this is hearing of assistant

( shoudl have been hint no 2 that baby is alreday born)

give item to shop asistant to pay. she then asks " so when is your baby due? ". i'm embarrased & flustered and dont answer. She then shouts across shop at pharamacist " But can she take these when she is pregnant?"

pharamcist comes back in concern.I have to explain to them both that no i am NOT pg just fat

lemonaid Tue 14-Aug-07 22:11:01

I'm rather relieved that I am now pregnant -- it had happened a couple of times over the previous six months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now