Talk

Advanced search

Losing weight.

(7 Posts)
RoseQuartzGlow Mon 14-Oct-19 19:56:13

Tell me your success stories. How much did you lose, how did you do it, and how difficult did you find it?

I need motivation!!

TemporaryPermanent Mon 14-Oct-19 20:22:14

Partial...
I lost 20 kilos over 3 years, though with some plateaus and bounces up over that time (on another bounce at the moment, curses!) 20kg is over 3 stone. I'm 50 now. I want to lose another stone and get to a healthy BMI.

2 things work for me: myfitnesspal and exercise. I can only eat about 10% of what myfitness pal allows me for exercise though.

TemporaryPermanent Mon 14-Oct-19 20:25:01

Oh - its had some really difficult patches. If I didn't love eating I wouldnt be in this state. But the good bits are fantastic, particularly getting stronger and fitter.

RoseQuartzGlow Mon 14-Oct-19 20:25:05

I find MFP hard to use as sometimes if I make something at home I have no idea how much of each ingredient is in my portion. Unless you weigh out every single ingredient of everything you make I don't understand how it's possible.

Tweetingmagpie Mon 14-Oct-19 20:26:58

You have to weigh out every single ingredient that’s the point... wink

TemporaryPermanent Mon 14-Oct-19 20:30:01

If you're using a recipe online you can paste in the url and the app will calculate the calories? I sometimes just find an equivalent recipe even if I'm not following it exactly. I use the barcode scanner for ingredients too. You soon get the hang of typical amounts.

MrsJonesAndMe Mon 14-Oct-19 20:53:38

I've lost 12kg since the end of July to get myself back to a healthy BMI. I have thyroid problems, so for me it was a combination of getting the hormone treatment and I've been doing Intermittent fasting which means I reduced the amount of time to eat and trying to eat 80/20 healthily.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »