Talk

Advanced search

How do I do this?

(3 Posts)
PuddyMuddles4 Mon 14-Oct-19 19:09:51

Hi all grin.

I have to get rid of over 100lb. I know I can do it, I've done it before I know, I know.

The problem is that my ex was very abusive. Due to that, a twin pregnancy and a C-section, the weight piled on. My ex never touched me again after the week the DC were conceived, and he turned nasty when I was 4 months pregnant.

So over the years I didn't want him near me, and I knew that if I lost weight he might try it on again, so the weight just kept piling on sad. Since I left him 7 years ago the fat has become my safety blanket. It keeps people away and keeps me safe from being hurt again. So even though I want to lose the flab and start living again, instead of just existing like a hermit, I seem to have this mental block against it. It would mean letting go of my safety blanket and start peopling again. I can't remember how to people.

Does anyone here understand what I'm going through, and any tips on how to break this mental block?

Awittyusernameishardtofind Mon 14-Oct-19 19:19:47

Have you had any therapy? From my point of view I know that addressing the issues that made me comfort eat has been the best start to my diet. You have to have the right mindset or it won’t work.

You sound very strong to have survived what you did. I know you can do this x

PuddyMuddles4 Mon 14-Oct-19 19:30:01

@Awittyusernameishardtofind - the thing is, I hardly eat at all. I don't really get hungry and can happily do days without eating. I know that if I eat more I lose weight, but I find it hard to force myself to eat.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »