Talk

Advanced search

Is this healthy ?

(4 Posts)
Vegisgood Sat 12-Oct-19 16:20:47

My diet starts Monday ( yes I know i said this 5 Monday’s ago!! 🤣)

Is this a healthy meal plan for a day

Breakfast - cheese omelette
Lunch - tuna pasta
Dinner - chicken, rice and veg
With fruit and a alpen bar for snacks?

Baguetteaboutit Sat 12-Oct-19 17:08:34

People have such radically different ideas of what counts for healthy now so I suspect you might get spectacularly different answers to this.

From my perspective, your fruit and veg count seems a bit limp. When you say veg with dinner and fruit for a snack, do you mean one portion of each? Do you have any veg you haven't mentioned in your tuna pasta? Or anywhere else through the day?

Pinkblueberry Sat 12-Oct-19 17:21:13

Agree with pp - It’s certainly not unhealthy but probably a bit low on veg. Also what you describe is a bit vague if you’re dieting to lose weight - how good an omelette is for weightloss depends a bit how much cheese you’re putting in there or if your frying it in a load of oil, same with tuna pasta (tuna pasta per se is great - tuna pasta which includes four tbsp of mayo not so good maybe...)

MrFartPants Sat 12-Oct-19 20:48:21

Portion size factors just as much, if not more, than what you're eating. Are you weighing your food or measuring portions to keep it consistent?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »