Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a personal trainer?

(2 Posts)
mahonia7 Mon 13-Aug-07 13:20:50

Hi

Has anyone ever used a personal trainer? They are very expensive - but are they worth it?

I'm on a 1200 cal a day diet and doing ok but want to start shaping up for when the fat goes (fingers crossed).

I really want to start toning myself up but hate going to the gym as not sure what to do there. The local gym's people are not helpful at all! I also hate exercise classes as I feel so big.

The best thing for me would be to see someone for a hour a week to learn the exercises and keep to the plan they give me.

Thanks

M

wildwind Tue 14-Aug-07 12:20:17

Dear mahonia7,
Seems 1200 cal AND exercise is a bit much. Too few calories to burn. You may feel weak during and after exercise. Maybe ask dietician?
You may find that - depending on your general condition - SPINNING burns the most calories and gets you an unbelievable happy high. But careful not to overdo it.
Gyms can be intimidating (have been there) but once you get a rhythm going you'll blank silly people out.
I found dancing, swimming (yes, in a swimsuit in public), pilates, and running outdoors in the woods the best. Had number of personal trainers before finding THE BEST!
Vary every few weeks - otherwise you get bored. Have gone from size 18 to 12-14 last years. But preganant now and slowing down.
Enjoy moving and don't let the skinny bunnies annoy you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now