Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hi to all doing Slimming World

(11 Posts)
sparkler Sun 12-Aug-07 16:03:41

I've joined Slimming World four times now and then stopped going after a few months. Did pretty well while I was going to group but then got to a point where I found I wasn't sticking to the plan and though it a waste of money going to weigh ins so stopped going. I know the plan works - I did pretty well on it.
Each time I've stopped going I've told myself that I know how the plan works and will try it alone. I just do not have the willpower to do it and the pounds pile back on again. I defintely need the group support.
I've got to a point where I know I need to starting eating healthily again. I'm feeling uncomfortable with the weight I'm at. Thinking about joining again. There's a group near me on Thursday which I haven't been to before so am thinking about going this week. I wasn't happy with the consultant at my last group so don't want to go there again.
Is there anyone like me out there that keeps starting and stopping.

ledodgy Sun 12-Aug-07 16:19:18

I'm joining again on Wednesday! I lost nearly four stone then got pregnant. In early pregnancy I was too tired and sick to go to the groups and the foods that didn't make me feel sick were not SW foods. I'm going back at nearly 20 weeks pregnant as a damage limitation exercise. I reckon i've put on about a stone so far. Hopefully if i'm good for the next 20 weeks i'll be ok!

sparkler Sun 12-Aug-07 17:49:07

It must be great getting clapped for putting on weight. We had a girl in my previous group that was pregnant and it was most amusing every week when they announced she'd gained weight and we all cheered!

ginnypotter Sun 12-Aug-07 18:03:38

just to let you know there is a slimmingworld support thread her

ginnypotter Sun 12-Aug-07 18:04:24

here even!

sparkler Sun 12-Aug-07 18:08:33

Thanks Ginnypotter - I've posted on there many times in the past. Even started a few of their threads myself.

Christie Sun 12-Aug-07 19:08:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lumpychump Sun 12-Aug-07 19:21:23

Hi!

I am exactly the same. I have joined SW about five times before and for whatever reason stopped and convinced myself I could do it alone but I just bend the rules and think I'll weight Friday instead of Wednesday so I can have a curry??!!!

I stopped DIYing it about 5 weeks ago only to eat utter shite for two weeks - gained 7lbs no less so joined a new class Wednesday before last. Lost 2.5lbs last week.......I know I can do it but I just need to stick to it you know???!!!

I've read a good book that has made me think about the crap I eat sometimes and that was helpful.

So yeah I know where you're coming from!!!

sparkler Sun 12-Aug-07 22:55:31

Hi Christie <<hug>> - fancy seeing you here. LOL
I don't know - I think this will be me forever.
What's the Food Doctor diet then? Not heard of that one.
I shall stick to Slimming World I think, as that's what I know, and I know that when I stick to it, I can lose good amounts of weight.
LumpyChump - good to hear there's someone just like me out there. It's so hard isn't it?

Christie Mon 13-Aug-07 13:54:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fireflyfairy2 Wed 15-Aug-07 11:09:01

Just found this thread!

Hello Sparkler me old mucker! I'm the same! I went for a weeks holiday, had exams etc & gained 7lb in 4 weeks

The following week I had 4.5lb off then another 1.5lb off.....then gained 1lb!! Like a yoyo!

Hopefully will have weight off this week though. Tonight is my weigh-in night.

I have been AWOL from thr sw thread for ages too As I had well & truly fallen off the wagon & felt embarassed.

Dh has said it's not healthy to be weighed every week as you then become obsessed... he weighs monthly & gets a good shock!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now