Talk

Advanced search

Healthy eating ideas... ?

(2 Posts)
aspiringnurse Sat 14-Sep-19 19:26:32

Hi all,

Basically I've given up Slimming World (not sustainable for me and other reasons).. I like the meals however and I love and naturally like cooking from scratch.

However it's completely overtaken my ability to shop normal or look at food normally and not in the "oh that's very high in syns" - even something like having a banana isn't as good for me as having an apple (if you've previously followed SW I'm hoping you'll understand what I mean blush)

Anyways I have recently started the couch 2 5k app and in training for a few runs next year including my first Great North Run.

Overall the weight isn't bothering me (I'm 11st 10lb and I know it won't shift fast I had a baby a year ago and it's harder now to lose it than before).. basically I'm just wanting to know of ideas, advice, tips even books I can get at the library that might aid me into eating healthier alongside running 3-4 times a week that may help with weight loss too.

I have no idea on what to have for each meal that will help running and if certain things are even considered healthy including portion sizes confused

Very sorry for the long waffly post, in case it's needed I'm 25yo female and never been into fitness before now so it's a bit of a new thing for me smile

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Sat 14-Sep-19 20:05:32

change4life have a smartrecipes app which have loads of healthy recipes on. in terms of portion sizes, i think the app has recommended portion sizes or lists the ingredients for one person, but if it doesn't you could always get a plate like this which has the recommended portion size for each food group on it. best of luck with the couch to 5k! x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in