Talk

Advanced search

Why do you want to lose weight?

(33 Posts)
Mummyneedstobecomeagymbunny Wed 11-Sep-19 13:30:18

A question to the floor, I'm curious as to why you want to lose weight?

I've fluctuated between a size 8-16, (this is down to emotional reasons break-ups, deaths in the family, baby weight etc.)

Now I want to lose weight to improve my confidence. What about you?

LucieFurr Sat 14-Sep-19 19:56:51

I want to lose weight because I feel uncomfortable being fat. My clothes don't fit properly and I can't afford new ones

FiveShelties Sat 14-Sep-19 23:50:37

Vanity first, followed by health. I look better when at my target weight, which makes me feel better.

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace Sun 15-Sep-19 19:14:02

I'm a would be bodybuilder and I'd like to get to my 'stage' weight blush

Runningonempty84 Sun 15-Sep-19 19:15:17

To run faster!

mummyrocks1 Sun 15-Sep-19 19:51:24

Vanity as I look better slimmer and can wear a wider variety of clothes. Then I want to run faster and be fitter.

slidin Sun 15-Sep-19 21:30:45

LTB. Didn't want to be the person I was when I was with him.

Vanity.

Comfort. Hate the feeling of being overweight.

0lga Mon 16-Sep-19 06:25:53

To look better and for my health.

Isn’t that the same for most people ?

MissClementine Mon 16-Sep-19 08:49:33

I am not overweight but bordering, for me I’m my biggest I’ve ever been. I feel sluggish and heavy and all my clothes are too tight. I want to feel lighter and wear all my clothes again and feel confident and attractive. I currently feel frumpy.

Iamnotacerealkiller Mon 16-Sep-19 08:56:14

I would love to say it's for my health but honestly that's a lie.

I want to look better, wear lovely clothes without feeling self conscious. I want to not think about what other people think of me when I'm over weight.

Ultimately I just want to stop thinking about my weight, it occupies too much of my thoughts. The few times I have been near my target weight, I haven't felt better as such, I just stopped feeling as shot as I just didn't think about it.

I also think that being overweight has really hindered my life as I have avoided things thinking I would wait until I was a lower weight. It needs to end.

StormOfSekhmet Mon 16-Sep-19 08:56:33

I have some really nice clothes, and I can't fit them.

Chloesmumtoo Mon 16-Sep-19 09:03:01

Pretty much the same reasons really. Confidence is a big one. Have felt low in energy and tired for a long while so a healthier lifestyle and losing weight will help. Have had joint pains. Possibly looking to future, i also want to return to work after being a sahm for so long that any improvement on my fitness/health is a plus! I also want new clothes and don't want to be buying the larger sizes.

Mumshappy Mon 16-Sep-19 09:06:10

Pure vanity. I balloon in pregnancy and every time I am determined to get back to what I was pre pregnancy.

FLOrenze Mon 16-Sep-19 09:11:59

I want to feel more comfortable. Although I am just below the middle weight on the BMI chart, my abdomen feels uncomfortable and puffy.i am very short and feel much better when I am near the lower end.

In truth, I expect I feel better at this weight because I eat healthier to achieve it.

Ohyesiam Mon 16-Sep-19 09:16:11

That’s an interesting question.
Vanity is the answer but to me that means all sorts of things I said don’t think I was into like getting approval and being acceptable.
I’m going to think about this more and report back.

sheshootssheimplores Mon 16-Sep-19 09:20:14

I wanted to lose weight to get a back into the healthy BMI category. I’ve now lost over a stone and have a BMI of 24. Now I’m trying to lose weight to fit into the size 10 wedding dress I stupidly ordered 😬

Daffodil2018 Mon 16-Sep-19 09:41:17

I am 16lbs heavier than I was pre-pregnancy and I just don't fit into any of my clothes 😭 I have such a limited wardrobe now and no money to buy new things. I'm back to work in January and need to be able to wear my old work clothes!

Clipperclopper Tue 15-Oct-19 17:24:20

Let us be honest. We like to say otherwise...but it is about Vanity.
Few will admit it..

Baguetteaboutit Tue 15-Oct-19 17:30:41

Health, then vanity. Or vanity, then health. Depending on the day. grin

Frenchfemme Tue 15-Oct-19 17:44:25

To reduce pressure on my joints (hip mainly) and hopefully help reduce pain from arthritis.

DownUdderer Sat 19-Oct-19 05:53:20

Initially it was because I was worried about diabetes, then I sort of realised I’d rather fit into my old clothes again.

Peanutbatter Sat 19-Oct-19 06:05:03

Because I'd forgotten about the lower back pain I get when I'm a couple of stone over weight which keeps me up at night and gets worse with age - I struggle to bend, get out of bed and now I can't even get my socks on.
Not to mention all my nice size 12 clothes still shrunk wrapped in a drawer waiting to be worn.

0DimSumMum0 Sat 19-Oct-19 06:07:05

Because I was starting to feel really uncomfortable and my clothes started to feel a bit tight.
My Dad died 2 years ago and since then my mood has been very low so I have had no motivation and have slept a lot hence the weight going on slowly.
Now's the time to do something about it. One stone off so far and would ideally like one more.

Ohgoodness34 Sat 19-Oct-19 06:24:49

*Ultimately I just want to stop thinking about my weight, it occupies too much of my thoughts.*

This.

OhioOhioOhio Sat 19-Oct-19 06:37:08

Confidence

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »