Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to need support sticking to this regime. Anyone want to help?

(3 Posts)
PersonalClown Wed 08-Aug-07 13:46:27

I have decided to go on a bit of a diet and start doing some regular exercise.
I was a little shocked about how much weight I had put on. Why do you never realise it's going on?
I went to put on some summery clothes the other day to play about with ds in the garden and couldn't get the shorts over my thighs .
So I'm going to cut the crap from my diet. Nothing extreme, just the crisps, chocolate cakes etc. 3 well balanced meals a day.
I've bought one of the twisty stepper things to help tone up and burn some fat. I did 25 minutes this morning! I was sweating like a pig and my heart was racing but I refuse to give up!
I will not buy bigger clothes and pretend I'm not putting on weight, I am going to get in shape!
Anyone want to join in?

LoveAngel Wed 08-Aug-07 16:19:20

Yes! I started a new healthy living plan (I refuse to call it a diet!) on Monday and so far, so good. I have never dietd before in my life, but I have put on 20 lbs since Christmas (!) and started to feel 'urgh', so...here goes! I am a bit of a comfort eater, have a very sweet tooth and love all the stuff that's bad for me. Also never do a stroke of exercise. This week I've been eating 3 healthy meals, plus 1 or 2 lowfat snacks per day (I have a huge appetite so only way I will stick to this is if I eat good amounts of good stuff, rather than tiny portions!). Also been drinking loads of water and have been to pilates today and going swimming tomorrow and at the weekend too. So...I am finally biting the bullet and am determined to lose a stone (minimum) over the next 6-8 weeks. Good luck to you, too! I'd be glad of some support on MN xxx

seb1 Wed 08-Aug-07 16:23:14

There was a good program on Channel 4 last night called Cook yourself slim. I think their recipes are online.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now