Talk

Advanced search

Excess skin.

(8 Posts)
Isittheend Tue 03-Sep-19 21:52:18

Anyone else have problems with this.
I have lost 47lbs in the last 6 months. I'm obviously really pleased with this. I still have 28lbs to go but I'm beginning to realise that I will very soon have loose skin, particularly above my old c-section scar. Has anyone else experienced this and offer any words of wisdom/hope?

Isittheend Wed 04-Sep-19 13:25:51

Anyone?

justilou1 Wed 04-Sep-19 13:28:33

I have lost 60kgs... I’ve had two c-sections, one singleton and twins. My tummy’s not my best feature, but it’s better than I thought it would be. Moisturiser’s your friend!

Isittheend Wed 04-Sep-19 22:39:12

Thanks justilou1. Maybe it will start to spring back a bit. I'm wondering about focused exercises like sit ups.
Just frustrated with my body!

justilou1 Wed 04-Sep-19 23:28:32

Exercise helps, because it provides the scaffolding layer that the skin sits upon. Meanwhile you need to also support the collagen and elastin that the framework of the skin is made from... Have you tried dry brushing? You can do it with loofah gloves. (Cheaper than buying a fancypants brush, and better, IMH.) I do it before my shower (when I remember - I am old now!) for a couple of minutes and baste myself with some pleasant-smelling body lotion/oil/butter/marinade whatever suits. It promotes circulation to the area providing nutrition and helping to clear out toxins, apparently. (Feels good, is cheap, exfoliates and massages.)
Drink lots of water and eat to promote collagen and elastin production. (Low-inflammation foods are good for this.)
Be kind to yourself! Your body does some amazing things!!!

BizzzzyBee Wed 04-Sep-19 23:30:57

My tummy is a mess after a c-section and 3st weight loss. I’m saving for surgery because unfortunately that’s the only option.

Kummerspeck Wed 04-Sep-19 23:51:47

I was told by a personal trainer that a combination of moisturising, massaging/brushing, exercise and healthy food with good fats will keep skin tightening for up to 2 years after weight loss. Obviously that varies from person to person but it gives me some hope grin

pinkyboots1 Sun 13-Oct-19 17:43:02

I've lost 10 stone this year and the skin on most parts of my body is lose to say the least. It is improving with time and exercise but it's a small price to pay for better health bear

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »