Talk

Advanced search

The one where we get into our old jeans

(1000 Posts)
Seer Sat 17-Aug-19 17:55:46

Hello @TantricTwist and @DottieLottie1 ☺️

We're close to 1k on our old thread and I thought I'd start this one whilst I remember and the other one is still open so I can point you to it!

We can finish the other one first if it'll make anyone itch leaving it unfinished 😀

Here's to getting to our goal weight/sizes during this thread! 🥂 (The next one we'll be maintaining!)

TantricTwist Tue 21-Jan-20 20:42:35

New Thread Losers wink

TantricTwist Tue 21-Jan-20 20:40:42

The only reason I drank tonight is because I had some left over and didn't want it to spoil confused blush I did add it to MFP but not above for some reason. I'm still at 1021 cals though.

DottieLottie1 Tue 21-Jan-20 20:33:20

On the subject of drinking, I wont be having my midweek tipple tomorrow as I've got to drive late evening. Doesn't bother me in the slightest but gives me extra calories for the rest of the day!

TantricTwist Tue 21-Jan-20 20:31:13

I was loads slimmer when I used to drink everyday but I smoked then too and only thought to eat when I was hungry.
I guess I only started to put on weight when I actually had to think about feeding the DC regularly.

I've done ok today actually

B - Apple juice, oreo
L - yoghurt
D - roast chicken, carrots, peas, potatoes and one Yorkshire pud. Oreo

1021 cals

DottieLottie1 Tue 21-Jan-20 18:42:22

@MrsGrindah, @Seer has already created a new thread. Sorry that my phone won't allow me to link but its titled- 'Livin (Losin' n Maintainin') La Levi's Loca' 😉

MrsGrindah Tue 21-Jan-20 18:37:30

Thank you @Seer that excellent! I am not usually a stress head and I’m not using it as an excuse but I definitely lose a grip on my healthy routines when work is busy

Annoyed with myself today..ate ve well but came home ravenous and mindlessly nibbled. All healthy stuff but it’s still calories and I’m going out to dinner. But tomorrow is another day.

Possible next thread title “ The one where our Levi’s feel loose”?

DottieLottie1 Tue 21-Jan-20 15:42:32

Hmmmmmm, I've got a beautiful bikini stored away that I've just tried on in anticipation for my Hol. Big but coming.... but my boobs have shrunk so much the cups gape 😱 I have a matching tankini top so not a total waste but was hoping to get away with a bikini for the first time in years.

On a plus side 15,500 steps and 7.8 miles covered so far today. Working the rest of the week so that will plummet!

MyGhastIsFlabbered Tue 21-Jan-20 14:46:57

Not quite full yet...

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 09:01:57

I wonder whose is going to be the last post on this thread..? 😀

@MyGhastIsFlabbered we'll be with you over on the new one v soon!

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 09:00:59

Phew! 😅

It's amazing how small amounts of extra calories can really add up over time isn't it? I'm seeing more clearly now how it's our daily habits that make the biggest difference to our weight gain vs maintenance.

DottieLottie1 Tue 21-Jan-20 08:47:05

😂, no I didn't take it that way, honest! Yes, I drank 3 days a week but more. I would also have extra if it was a bank holiday or someones birthday- I don't do that now but might swap my day to accommodate!

Only room for 10 more posts now.....

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 08:32:59

Just to be clear I didn't mean what I said there as if how much I drink is better or holier than thou. I was just explaining how I rationalise it to myself 😀

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 08:26:06

Ah did you only drink on 3 days a week before too @DottieLottie1, just more on those days?

I love it too but I'm happy with just 1-2 glasses (125ml of wine, as I tend to drink spritzers) tho I will typically drink on more days than you. I see it as Mediterranean-style healthy lifestyle 😀

DottieLottie1 Tue 21-Jan-20 07:49:24

My Achilles was definitely booze. Though habitual rather than a problem 😜. I drink 3 days a week but I suppose I was having an extra glass or 2 that I really didn't need (not that I need it but you know what I mean!). I knocked that on that head as I realised how many extra calories I was consuming almost without knowing!

Not much planned other than taking the dog out followed by chauffeur service for DC tonight. I'm trying not to spend too much £££ before we go away as I've spent loads over Christmas and our weekend away 🙈 so staying away from the shops helps! My holiday to get list includes- that poppy dress, new ray-bans, flip flops possibly yoga slings and some new white trainers.

B- Vanilla and almond milkshake
L- fast
D- Minestrone soup and some left over chilli con carne (not together!)

That's 900 calories.

I will top up with some fruit somewhere.

Have a good Tuesday everyone 😊

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 07:39:26

and that is great work @TantricTwist ! The most disciplined blow out in history! 🌟😀

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 07:30:09

Had to start a new post as I couldn't return down below that link without clicking it!

I'm a salad fan too tho I prefer hot food overall so tend to go for cooked vegetables more than salad.

It's helpful knowing our Achilles heels isn't it @TantricTwist ? I've only just realised that my main one was snacking as I made the children's meals/snacks, a tsp hummus and a mouthful of crisps there. The No S is really helpful with stopping that!

Plans today: some form of exercise, writing (I intend to get into a routine of writing something every day), work, going to watch DD at a school event. Tonight I'm out with a friend.

B: fast
L: baked potato and sweetcorn, salad
D: Indian meal out (forgot about this when we decided to go for one on Sunday!)

Have a lovely day all! ☺️

Seer Tue 21-Jan-20 07:20:09

Ooh yes I can so imagine you all gorgeous and modelesque in that @DottieLottie1 and woah! That it is a lot of walking! 😮

Funnily enough I just wrote an article on stress @MrsGrindah, I quoted a study that there's a great Ted Talk about. Here it is if you're interested:
https://www.ted.com/talks/kellymcgonigall_howtoo_makestresss_your_friend?language=en

TantricTwist Mon 20-Jan-20 22:40:35

Yay to lots of walking @DottieLottie1

Yay to hula hooping @MrsGrindah

Yay to me feeling I've had a massive blowout eating 6 Finn crisp, some cheddar and mango chutney after my dinner of soup and still only a total of 1000 cals for the day, lol.

DottieLottie1 Mon 20-Jan-20 22:35:32

Stay focused and try and plan ahead @MrsGrindah, you know you've got this!

I've just added up the distance I have covered over the last 2 weeks, which includes some running.... 90.5 miles 💪🏼. I know this is relatively accurate as I wear 2 pedometers. I've really upped this in the last few months and I assume its making a big difference. I'm aware Im lucky as I have the time and opportunity to fit it in (not forgetting that I jog on the spot or around the house during g commercial breaks or waiting for the kettle to boil etc🤣🤣🤣).

MrsGrindah Mon 20-Jan-20 20:18:03

Hi everyone

Had a very good day calories wise today and did my hula hooping. I have a very busy and stressful work week so I need to watch it. For some people that makes the weight drop off but not me!

You are all doing so well though

DottieLottie1 Mon 20-Jan-20 19:08:28

Managed to get in 11.5 miles of walking, that's just over 21,000 steps. I've supposedly burnt alot of calories but this is one thing I dont overly trust with MFP......

DottieLottie1 Mon 20-Jan-20 13:58:21

I think they are all beautiful 😍

TantricTwist Mon 20-Jan-20 13:30:33

It's a gorgeous dress which you'll look fabulous in. The palm print one is equally lovely.

DottieLottie1 Mon 20-Jan-20 13:22:03

That's the one! Thanks @TantricTwist 😍

TantricTwist Mon 20-Jan-20 13:10:16

This dress? @DottieLottie1

This thread is not accepting new messages.