Talk

Advanced search

The one where we get into our old jeans

(1000 Posts)
Seer Sat 17-Aug-19 17:55:46

Hello @TantricTwist and @DottieLottie1 ☺️

We're close to 1k on our old thread and I thought I'd start this one whilst I remember and the other one is still open so I can point you to it!

We can finish the other one first if it'll make anyone itch leaving it unfinished 😀

Here's to getting to our goal weight/sizes during this thread! 🥂 (The next one we'll be maintaining!)

Seer Fri 30-Aug-19 12:04:54

Sure @MyGhastIsFlabbered ! The more the merrier ☺️

That's exactly how I felt in May, this group has been invaluable for support and motivation to lose weight and feel good about my body again!

TantricTwist Fri 30-Aug-19 12:38:15

Good lord so DD and I looked through some old clothes of mine this morning that were vacuum packed and tucked away.
There were pre DC clothes of mine that are just tiny.

Last night I got home from work and just fell asleep. I woke up briefly and had some toast, maybe something else but I just can't remember.

@DottieLottie1 yay you've broken through that plateau it seems which you must be so happy about as well as having a bony arse grin and losing 30lb.

@Seer I'm your height so should deffo be your current dress size / weight which I am not yet, eek. You're doing well snapping back into healthy eating mode straight after your lovely holiday.

@Threadbaretoe 3 stone so far is such a brilliant loss. Hopefully the next stone will be quicker than you think.

@MyGhastIsFlabbered Hello and welcome. We're finding that calorie counting is really helping as is using the MFP app and supporting each other a lot.

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:55:16

Hello @MyGhastIsFlabbered , agree with @TantricTwist that MFP is the way to go.

HaHa @Seer , I'm picturing you using the word boneyard as part of your job/client calls- Mrs Focker and all that 😂

*@TantricTwist*, at last someone has mentioned it today. Work colleague, who I see everyday (in my skimpy uniform) asked if I had lost weight and when I said yes she remarked I looked like I'd lost loads. She was a bit worried to be fair!

I've still got about 1/2 a stone to lose to get to the middle of my health BMI , but I'd like to hover just below as it gives me a bit of leeway for holidays etc.

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 15:56:32

I do realise we've probably got the wrong end of the stick regarding your job @Seer but it's fun all the same!

Seer Fri 30-Aug-19 18:02:24

It's close enough @DottieLottie1, except I think she only worked with elderly couples 😀

I'm glad someone's finally noticed your weight!

I've snuck in a glass of pink fizz with a visiting friend this afternoon but otherwise stuck to my plan of fasting then some veg soup. Takeaway soon and another glass or two and I should still be under 1200 cals for the day

TantricTwist Fri 30-Aug-19 18:34:44

About bloody time someone noticed @DottieLottie1 although quite funny she is now worried as you'e lost too much grin probably seems like you've lost it all in a couple of weeks.

Oh how we wish we could be a fly on the wall when you talk to your clients @Seer grin

I have just made a plum tarte tatin which is hardly low in calories but was delicious. I burnt my fingers on the pan though, idiot.

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 18:47:47

Oops @TantricTwist , bet it was worth it 

I'll end the day on around 1100.

@Seer , I can't remember who you said your (rough) doppelgänger is, but I'm definitely picturing Babara in hippy wear  Going forwards can we call you "Roz" ? (Yes I had to google to remember the Fokers name 😂

What plan are you thinking of trying @MyGhastIsFlabbered? You really don't need to pay out for dieting groups, but you do need the want and will power.

Threadbaretoe Fri 30-Aug-19 18:57:37

😂 😂😂
I don't look or dress anything like Roz Forker but my job is very closely connected to hers. I missed the posts about Seer's job.

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 19:09:23

Oh wow, sounds like a small world! Therapy/counselling of some kind is my guess- maybe you and @Seer Know each other grin

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 19:11:03

I'm not sure how much notice you lovely lot take of BMI, but the graph here shows I'm still above middle of healthy category for my height.

Seer Fri 30-Aug-19 20:18:07

How funny @Threadbaretoe, what are the chances of us being in a similar line of work? 😀 mind you, equally weird is Dottie and I living in neighbouring towns!

I'm probably more like Rose Byrne's character in Peter Rabbit dress-wise *@DottieLottie1*, love a floral print dress, but deffo a bit of hippy in there too! 😀

Mmmm to plum tarte tatin @TantricTwist I constantly burn myself so you have my sympathy

I do wonder how accurate BMI can be @DottieLottie1 You must be looking pretty slim by now, it's hard to believe you're not even in the middle of the range!

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 20:23:51

@Seer according to NHS BMI calculator I've got to get to 10 st 07lb to hit the middle of 'healthy'. That's 10lb pounds to go. I'm now quite slim round the middle but still have bits of wobble. Toning up is needed too sad

DottieLottie1 Fri 30-Aug-19 20:30:33

I've just calculated that I was 18.8 on the BMI scale 4 years ago (and every year previous in adulthood). I was 3lbs inside the healthy range from being underweight, not that this was necessarily a good thing. I think sitting bang in the middle would be perfect.

Seer Fri 30-Aug-19 20:45:57

That's interesting @DottieLottie1

I've just done the same with my lightest known weight (I barely ever weighed myself until this year) and I had a BMI of 18 which is right at the low end of healthy. I know I actually looked underweight though.

MyGhastIsFlabbered Fri 30-Aug-19 20:56:57

I haven't decided yet. Part of my problem is that I'm medication that boosts the appetite so I'm constantly hungry-that's why SW appealed because I can eat unlimited quantities of 'free' foods...and it has worked in the past, I lost 3 stone. But life/poor MH/ has meant I've piled it on and more. I saw photos of myself today and I'm enormous sad.

Seer Fri 30-Aug-19 21:04:26

@MyGhastIsFlabbered, that must make it more challenging for you. @Threadbaretoe and I do intermittent fasting (alongside calorie restriction) - might that work for you? I typically fast 16-19 hours on week days and I find it makes me less hungry.

MyGhastIsFlabbered Fri 30-Aug-19 21:27:19

I tried intermittent fasting years ago but I found I was going completely overboard on my non-fasting days.

Seer Fri 30-Aug-19 21:36:23

What kind of IF did you do @MyGhastIsFlabbered?

I tend to IF 5 days a week and then have sat and sun. I find this way much easier than the 5:2 and similar. Keeping to 500 cals is hell for me!

Threadbaretoe Fri 30-Aug-19 22:00:02

Flabbered - like Seer, I eat within an 8 hour window. I think this has helped my body become far more efficient at using stored fat. I also calorie count (in a rough and ready way) to stop me going overboard. I do this pretty much everyday but take a day off when circumstances mean it would be very difficult.

Dottie - I think the 3 stone + healthy weight window for 5'9 (8st 13lb - 12st 1lb) seems crazy. I had liver functioning issues when I was in my early 20s and lost loads of weight. I got down to 9 and a half stone and looked like I was malnourished and massively under weight. For me, 10.5 stone is very skinny but even then I would struggle to get in to a size 12 because I have broad shoulders and hips. At that weight I look like a cartoon character that has been run over - paper thin when looking on sideways but broad from the front!

DottieLottie1 Sat 31-Aug-19 09:47:09

@Threadbaretoe , I agree that 9 stone is incredibly slim on someone my height. Like you I have very square and broad shoulders- clothes that fit round my shoulders don't fit my waist and vice versa. My hips aren't naturally that wide but I have a bit of curve. However my hips are where the weight goes to!

Working late morning through lunch.

Starting the day with a cuppa, take away late afternoon/early evening most probably chippy. Then off to an evening wedding reception (in a town just to the East of you @Seer ). Will avoid the buffet and I'm also nominated driver so no 🍾 for me.

Have a good day all smile

Seer Sat 31-Aug-19 12:07:25

Enjoy the wedding reception @DottieLottie1 ! I can't think which town that is! Does it begin with T or G?

Having a lovely and also productive morning... helped DD sort her wardrobe out, had a sauna, watered the garden (and next door's as they're away), now eating a late breakfast in the sunshine.

Haven't got much planned, will probably do some gardening and then we're having a BBQ later.

My 16lb kettlebell has arrived so I'll be tackling that beast shortly!

Happy that I've found a size 10 cami that I bought from a charity shop ages ago but was too small for me, it wound up in my DD's wardrobe (no idea why, she's 9!), tried it on today and it now fits!

B: v bacon in bagel with homegrown tomatoes and lots of salad
L: nothing
D: BBQ! Probably a v hotdog, bean burger, new potatoes, corn on cob, salad.

Haven't added up cals yet but will aim for 1500 max, less if I can!

Hope you all have a lovely day! ☺️

DottieLottie1 Sat 31-Aug-19 16:42:07

@Seer , its in G/D.....

Seer Sat 31-Aug-19 17:39:02

Aha! That's what I was thinking ☺️

TantricTwist Sat 31-Aug-19 17:40:21

Hope you had a fab time last night @DottieLottie1

Clothes end up in the weirdest place sometimes @Seer the worst being DD shoes when she was 2 in my parents washing machine confused

I went for a longish walk today which incorporated picking up items for back to school. It got quite grey, windy and drizzled slightly but nice to walk along the seafront for a bit.

Not the lowest of calorie intake today but I've been feeling so tired I just needed some treats.

DottieLottie1 Sun 01-Sep-19 00:20:04

Yes, back to school next week. I feel a bit glum once the summer holidays finish, I like the kids at home and I love the relaxed slow morning routine. No constant "are you getting up?". "Are you up?" , "have you had your breakfas?", "Do you need money on your lunch pass?","have you done your homework?","you've got to leave in 10/5/1min", "Seriously your going to be late, I'm not even joking!", etc etc 😂

Only plus side is I get back into my normal routine which helps with fitting in exercise. I'm planning on some long long dog walks, unfortunately as the weather changes so willmy walking routes. No muddy parks/forest/fields , just pounding the pavements.

I'm away fri- Mon (UK break) again this weekend as celebrating a birthday. This will involve a lot of walking but I will be eating out each evening. I will try and pick wisely but will treat myself a little too.

This thread is not accepting new messages.