Talk

Advanced search

Scales question--carpet or tiles?

(6 Posts)
gotmychocolateimgood Thu 01-Aug-19 18:54:29

I don't often weigh myself. Weighed today. On carpet I'm 7st 13lb. On tiles I'm 9st 2lb. Which is correct? The scales are weight watchers scales if that makes a difference! I'm only 5ft 1in.

OP’s posts: |
Thesuzle Thu 01-Aug-19 18:57:42

Welcome to the world of crazy weight readings, I have a Lino covered bathroom floor which i put my scales on (bastard digital ones with a big window to read the scary numbers) anyhoo I then tried it in various positions around the room , got three different reading varying by about 2-900gs each time. AARRGGHHHHH

gotmychocolateimgood Thu 01-Aug-19 19:02:53

I started at 70kg (was weighed at Dr appointment) so either is an improvement, but that's quite a difference!

OP’s posts: |
Knitclubchatter Thu 01-Aug-19 19:04:42

Hard flat surface

IncrediblySadToo Thu 01-Aug-19 19:08:07

What do they say if you switch them to kg?

Put them on the hard floor weigh yourself then use something you know the weight of (12x599ml bottles if water for example) and see hiw much it changes by

I weighed myself st the physio today. After drinking coffee and 2l of water I was 2kg lighter in their scales than my digital ones but I’m not replacing them because they’re all lying little shits and as long as the trend over a period of time is downwards then 🤷🏻‍♀️

IncrediblySadToo Thu 01-Aug-19 19:10:02

The carpet will distort the reading.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in