Best small habit changes for a big difference? Please share your ideas!

(5 Posts)
MacaroonMama Sat 27-Jul-19 12:13:30

Soooo fed up with dieting. I keep making big changes, losing weight then not being able to carry it on, and putting weight back on. Pointless! Plus, I am a bit all or nothing, which is ok if I am in the nothing zone but not if I am in the all zone!

So what smaller changes/habits have you made to help you lose weight for good, and develop a healthier relationship with food and your body?

I like the idea of half of my plate being veg or salad at lunch and dinner, as I love veg and salad.

Quite like some of the no S ideas - saving pudding for the weekend or not having seconds.

Or not eating after teatime.

What has helped you?

OP’s posts: |
Daffodil2018 Sat 27-Jul-19 19:10:03

Switching "full fat" soft drinks/mixers for the diet versions is a super easy switch. So slimline tonic, Diet Coke etc.

IncrediblySadToo Sat 27-Jul-19 19:12:51

Eating earlier and not snacking late at night

catlady3 Sat 27-Jul-19 19:14:21

Have a look at the concept of Health at Every Size, learn to love your body regardless of its weight and move forward on that basis would be my top change tbh.

WhoAteMyNuts Sat 27-Jul-19 19:41:52

I don't eat food that I am not enjoying. Better to throw it in the bin than in me.

I eat porridge rather than cereal.

I have reduced my portion size considerably with the view that I can always have something later rather than stuffing myself in one meal.

I try to have half my plate of veg if I am having vegetables.

I still eat cake/pizzas/takeaways but am mindful to only eat until I am satisfied and have lighter meals that day to compensate.

I have found nice low calorie non alcoholic drinks to reduce my alcohol intake which subsequently reduces my snacking.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in