Talk

Advanced search

Avoiding putting on too much on holiday?

(6 Posts)
Idontlikeshopping Thu 11-Jul-19 08:35:42

I'm going on holiday in just over a week.

I've lost 10lbs and hoping to lose a couple more before I go. This has just been through cutting calories and exercise.

I'm planning to take my running stuff on holiday and do lots of swimming.

But food wise I'm going to be eating out each evening, I would like to enjoy myself without completely undoing all my weight loss. Has anyone got any tips for not gaining too much weight?

OP’s posts: |
DottieLottie1 Thu 11-Jul-19 09:24:09

If you like wine try having spritzers instead. Look for meals that have large side salads. Avoid rich sauces. If you enjoy fish eat loads of it!

Have a good holiday!

ChocOrCheese Thu 11-Jul-19 13:25:55

For me, watching alcohol consumption is key - plus avoiding puddings, ice creams etc. Eating out is not too bad if you go for soups, salads, grilled meats and fish.

cricketmum84 Fri 12-Jul-19 06:34:04

Drink lots of water during the day, if you are drinking alternate low cal alcoholic drinks like vodka and Diet Coke or gin and diet tonic with alcohol free drinks.

Opt for meals with lots of salad and vegetables, have a salad as a starter so not as much room for the more carb heavy dishes.

Do have a blow out meal though lol!

gotmychocolateimgood Sat 13-Jul-19 13:07:00

If you look at the breakfast buffet and want everything, tell yourself you can have it all but not all on the same day. Eg
Day 1 eggs and bacon
Day 2 fruit salad and toast
Day 3 pancake with jam
Day 4 sausages and yoghurt (obvs separately!)
Also stops it getting samey having a full English every day. You can look forward to the next thing you will try tomorrow.

Idontlikeshopping Fri 02-Aug-19 14:43:28

Update, if anyone's interested!

I only put 1lbs on on holiday, and have lost 2lbs since being back! Thank you for the tips! I'm the lowest weight I've been for about 3 years.

I don't really drink much but had a lot of sparkling water instead of booze/sugary drinks.

I loved the tip about the breakfast buffet, I get very overwhelmed with buffets especially with all the pancakes and pastries, so I kept in mind trying it all, but not everyday. I saved pancakes for my last day.

I shared pizza with the dc instead of ordering too much and getting stuffed.

I didn't have puddings for the sake of it.

Didn't feel deprived and had a bit of a blowout the last couple of days.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in