Talk

Advanced search

IF What am I doing wrong ? Ready to give up.

(4 Posts)
WhyAintItWorking Fri 05-Jul-19 08:54:54

I started IF on 6th June weighing 14st 4lbs.

I’m now 4 weeks in and I seem to have stalled already !

I’ve been stuck at 13st 13lb for around 1.5weeks.

I don’t weigh every day because I’m finding it de motivating .

I’ve weighed again this morning and I’m still 13st 13lb in spite of doing a 24 hour fast just yesterday angry.

My period is due in just over a week and I’m feeling tetchy - could this be PMS weight retention ?

I use MFP to measure calories and I always stick to 1000-1300 mid week and Sundays .

I have Saturdays as an “off” day .

I’m fasting every 24 hours (OMAD) every day other than Friday - Saturday where I do 16:8 and use Saturday as an off day .

Then I do 16:8 in to Sunday before starting a 24hr fast at noon and continuing 24hr fasts mid week.

I’m unable to exercise due to injury .

I expected better results 4 weeks in . Where am I going wrong ?

OP’s posts: |
stolis1 Fri 05-Jul-19 09:02:36

Weight loss is calories in VS calories out. You've got to burn more calories than you take in order to lose it. Maybe on the day off on a Saturday you're consuming more than you realise, resulting in slow/no weight loss. I used to do exactly the same until somebody pointed it out to me and I realised I was eating triple the calories I usually would on my 'cheat day'.
It might be worth counting your Saturday in My fitness pal just to see.
I've been tracking and having 1500 calories a day and have lost 10lb in 2 weeks. I've still had occasional treats but just counted the calories as part of my daily allowance.

smeerf Fri 05-Jul-19 09:04:37

You need to eat fewer calories than you expend to lose weight. If you're not losing weight, can you try counting up the calories you're eating in a week in an app like MyFitnessPal and trying to drop it by a set amount? To lose a pound of fat, you need a calorie deficit of 3500, so if you want to lose a pound a week, you need to reduce your intake by that much.

managedmis Sat 06-Jul-19 02:18:36

You're only four weeks in

You need a calorie deficit

If your maintaining amount of calories is 1300 and you eat 1300 then you will not lose weight.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in