VLCDs - tell me it gets easier?

(7 Posts)
GraceMarks Mon 24-Jun-19 08:45:01

altiara thanks for thinking of me, but I've given it up. I felt so ill and people at work were starting to comment that I was dropping the ball on silly things that I could normally do without thinking about it. If I had a week off work and I didn't have to do anything or be anywhere, I might feel able to give it another go, but it's not for me at the moment.

OP’s posts: |
altiara Mon 24-Jun-19 08:27:45

@GraceMarks
How are you getting on now?

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Mon 17-Jun-19 09:30:02

It's all about the salt - I upped my salt and took magnesium, they helped, but realistically a lot of people gave an adjustment period of 2-3 weeks. If you get through it it's really worth it!

GraceMarks Mon 17-Jun-19 09:11:08

Interestingly, when I ate a little pinch of salt, I felt a bit better. I am convinced now that I was drinking too much water, as the headaches, fatigue and leg cramps seemed to fit into that set of symptoms.

Do you think it's a bit irresponsible of these diet merchants to recommend necking gallons of water to avoid headaches, when headaches are also a symptom of overhydration.

DdJames Sun 16-Jun-19 22:49:23

oh link fail try this one

DdJames Sun 16-Jun-19 22:45:22

It's an adjustment period, you could probably do with some sodium. The website below is an interesting read for anyone suffering a bit of Keto flu
https://perfectketo.com/keto-electrolytes/]

GraceMarks Sun 16-Jun-19 17:38:38

I've been doing Exante for a grand total of three pathetic days, and I have to say I'm not feeling good. I have a constant headache and no energy at all - the first day wasn't too bad, but yesterday and today I had to go back to bed for a couple of hours in the afternoon, which I never ever do. I won't be able to have a nap break tomorrow when I'm at work.

If I can't function like this, I'm going to have to add in some more calories, but I really don't want to have to do that because the diet is definitely working. I've lost 7lb already, and I know a lot of that will be water and I shouldn't expect the same rate of weight loss as I go on, but I don't want to mess it up! However, I can't afford to be half-alive at work - I have some big projects to do this week.

Can anyone who has done this tell me how long it was before headaches and tiredness abated? I'm definitely drinking enough, but I'm not doing the 2-4 litres Exante recommend, as that strikes me as being dangerous for someone who's not doing much physical activity.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in