Water / Juice Fasting support group....

(16 Posts)
LuluBellaBlue Mon 10-Jun-19 17:08:05

Anyone want to join me in a support group?

I’m day 1 of 30 Fasting.

My plan is to do 10 days of water fasting and then switch to juice fasting.

Aiming for 28lbs in 30 days!

OP’s posts: |
QuimReaper Mon 10-Jun-19 17:15:25

I'm fascinated by this. Literally nothing but water for 10 days? Can I ask how much excess weight you're carrying?

LuluBellaBlue Mon 10-Jun-19 17:37:21

Yes nothing but water! angry
I’ve managed 6 days before.
Current weight is 12.8 stone and 5’6” tall, so ideally I’d like to get down to around 9 stone long term.

Bluesheep8 Mon 10-Jun-19 18:25:10

Two words jump out at me....LONG TERM! How on earth do you sustain this long term? Surely your weight increases as soon as you eat normally? I don't mean to sound negative or anything, I'm genuinely interested to know. What happened last time you did it?

LuluBellaBlue Mon 10-Jun-19 18:49:15

It’s about maintaining ketosis afterwards by following a keto diet, also doing IF long term.
I lost weight last time, but then binged.
This time, I’m seeing the 20 days after as still fasting but with limited food / juice to ensure I integrate it properly.

Basically I did it badly last time!

RosaWaiting Mon 10-Jun-19 18:52:52

I clicked on this thinking I'd like to do it for a day...!

then again, for me it would be a reset/discipline thing, if a keto diet means high protein I wouldn't do it anyway.

QuimReaper Mon 10-Jun-19 20:23:19

Bluesheep I think it's meant to be a kickstart rather than a lifestyle; if you eat and move sensibly you should be able to maintain a fairly low weight, but achieving one in the first place is the problem.

6 days without a scrap of food is hardcore OP! I've heard of people doing it but it amazes me - aren't you just a physically exhausted ball of rage? I know people report finding it mentally and spiritually rewarding, I just can't imagine it. Watching with interest.

Advertisement

WatchingTheWheels85 Wed 12-Jun-19 06:26:31

@LuluBellaBlue how are getting on? I'm considering doing a water fast for the next 5 days.

GoFiguire Wed 12-Jun-19 06:36:22

I lost weight last time, but then binged.

This is why this is not a good idea

LuluBellaBlue Thu 13-Jun-19 13:39:52

I’m good thanks, 88 hours in and feel ‘normal’ certainly have more energy back.
I’ve been watching and reading loads of information about the benefits of water fasting, autophagy etc to keep me motivated!!

QuimReaper Thu 13-Jun-19 17:03:08

I'm not sure the bingeing is necessarily a death knell to a fast: people often have a bit of a "binge" even if they're not dieting, just because it's a special occasion or whatever, but you're unlikely to undo the total effects of a fast in one go. (Unless you're saying that's what happened to you OP?!) I have a handful of times kicked off a few pounds by dieting hard for a week and a half or so, and then reward myself with a pizza-and-ice-cream fest; after that I resume business as usual and normally keep my weight pretty stable, until something like a holiday or Christmas comes along and buggers it up again.

I suppose the difference is that my "business as usual" does generally involve watching what I eat and does sustain my weight though - I'm never more than 5lbs or so over where I want to be. I guess if you go straight from fast mode into Unstoppable Binge mode and don't have a in-between mode, you could undo it all quite quickly.

QuimReaper Thu 13-Jun-19 17:07:02

Lulu I am in awe!

LuluBellaBlue Fri 14-Jun-19 08:50:40

I found a good video that explains why fasting is better than a low calorie diet so thought I’d share:
youtu.be/rDzIbkyr5QQ

LuluBellaBlue Fri 14-Jun-19 08:51:14

Thank you everyone for the kind messages ❤️❤️❤️

Redshoesandtheblues Wed 26-Jun-19 19:09:29

How you getting on, Lulu?

MarshaBradyo Wed 26-Jun-19 19:10:50

I cannot imagine doing this!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in