Talk

Advanced search

Any menopausal fatties out there?

(232 Posts)
LewisCarroll Sat 01-Jun-19 07:12:05

I have been slim all my life and then the menopause hit me and my waistline.

I really don't know how much I weigh, I last weighed myself a while back and I was 11 stone. I need to lose around two stone to get back to being me. I will be brave and weigh myself later on.

Motivation is going to be a massive problem for me so I hope that there are other menopausal fatties out there to keep me company.

Magnificentbeast Tue 09-Jul-19 11:15:25

I'm glad I found this thread!

I am a Big M Fattie! I went through an early menopause in my mid to late 30s. I'm 45 now. The stealth weight gain has been quite alarming! I would really love to shift some of it. Not least because thinking about it is taking up far too much of my headspace and life is busy enough.

I have done a couple of days of 16:8 and found it to be effective. I read that 14:10 or even 12:12 can be better for women. I can't remember why. I do the fasting when I can fit it into my life. I do feel better for it. There's something quite satisfying about feeling hungry and ready to eat rather than grazing or just deciding I'm hungry because of the time on the clock. Sometimes I don't sit down to dinner until 9ish after sorting the kids out.

Frustratingly I'm a lot more careful with what I eat now. If I had eaten this way when I was younger I would've maintained a more comfortable weight. I have quite a small frame so carrying any extra weight really doesn't suit me. I'm only 5ft 1 and heading for 12 stone if I'm not careful shock

I know I need to get back to some proper exercising and have intentions to start the C25K again but my menopausal knees and joints keep putting me off! I have just started on HRT patches in the hope that they will help with the creaking joints.

MissDew Thu 11-Jul-19 13:15:54

and have intentions to start the C25K again

Yep, me too !

Magnificentbeast Thu 11-Jul-19 14:05:18

@MissDew I find it's fine (sort of) once I'm doing the C25K but I'm finding it so hard to get started this time.

Janey26 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:32:05

Following with interest
Thought I was just bloated turns out Im fat haha, I'm 51 joined WW 3 weeks ago and up to now lost 4lb, jeez its hard work, especially when you love a cold pint of lager (sigh) no fucking fun this getting old malarky xx

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace Wed 17-Jul-19 10:58:14

Morning all,

How's it going? The Big M has released it's regular, albeit infrequent, symptoms upon me and I'm sitting at my desk in the office with a hot water bottle on my tummy. This happens every three months or so. It's usually quite short lived but ..... it can lead to me wanting to eat crap stuff so I need to keep my eye on the ball.

In general, I'm doing OK. I'm still striving for my 'stage weight' of 8st 7lbs. I'm somewhere around 9st 4lbs at the minute (although the huge horrid tummy is making it hard to get an accurate reading). I'm determined to get there by the end of July.

How's everyone else doing? Would be great to hear from you. I don't want to be alone sad

Riddleofthesands Wed 17-Jul-19 11:11:09

Hi NiceLegs you are not alone. I joined the BSD thread as this was a bit quiet. Still plodding along, only lost 2 or 3 lbs but frankly not gaining is a victory. I am 9 st 12 lbs and would ideally like to get under 9. Having said that reaching 9 st 7 lbs is proving incredibly difficult. Hope you feel better soon.

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace Wed 17-Jul-19 11:18:58

@Riddleofthesands

Thank you. It'll all be better tomorrow: it's a short, sharp type of thing blush

Let's both keep going until we get there. As you say, not gaining is a victory in itself.

Apologies for the rogue apostrophe in my previous message. It's really upsetting me grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »