Talk

Advanced search

12 weeks to lose 2 stone

(418 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 09:53:18

That's slightly over 2lbs a week.
I'm planning to exercise every day & do the 5:2.
Anyone fancy joining me?
smile

Seer Mon 17-Jun-19 09:50:00

I'm wondering whether to try doing a OMAD / 24 hour fast once a week, partly as a mind/body experiment and partly to counteract the extra calories I'm having at the weekend.

Basically I would eat only dinner on Mondays (24 hours from when I last ate on Sun evening) and then return to doing 16:8 Tues-Fri.

I've done a 24 hour fast once before and it was easier I than expected.

Seer Mon 17-Jun-19 09:28:34

@SavageBeauty73 welcome! That's a great start! We're all following different ways of eating here but all are aiming to lose 1.5 - 2 stone.

Sorry, it was a typo (I'm a nightmare at writing numbers!) and was meant to be 16:8! Fasting for 16 hours and eating in a window of 8 hours. I basically just miss breakfast and eat a couple of meals between 1.30pm to 9pm, which suits me v well.

@TantricTwist isn't it a great feeling when you find an exercise like that?!

Aside from when it was my TOTM, I've been hooping for 7 minutes every day and actually really enjoying it smile I'm going to increase the mins from tomorrow, just going slowly as it does feeling pretty punchy still!

SavageBeauty73 Mon 17-Jun-19 09:04:55

@Seer what's 18:6?

SavageBeauty73 Mon 17-Jun-19 09:02:03

Hi everyone! Hope I can join the chat. I started last Monday at the heaviest I've ever been. I've got 2 stone to lose.

I've lost 6lb in a week! Shows how much crap I was eating and wine!

I've been low carbing but having small amount of brown pasta and quinoa.

TantricTwist Sun 16-Jun-19 17:56:19

I'm really enjoying just hoppping on the X-Trainer for 5K for around 15 mins till I get hot, sweaty and out of breath.
It's becoming a daily occurrence give or take the odd day off.
I can't believe I avoided it for so long blush seems ridiculous.
There's something to be said for a simple, regular exercise routine that your body just craves and gets used to.
Lets hope it slims me down and tones me up along with the healthy eating.

TantricTwist Sun 16-Jun-19 12:59:44

Well done @ChubRubTub keep at it. The hunger feeling does go which is great. not however when drinking wine

@Seer clothes that fit better and MFP boosts all help don't they. It's a slow process but we're getting results and sticking to our plans more or less.

I'm just happy that my face looks slimmer and my neck has slimmed down. A few weeks ago when I started this plan I noticed that in bed my neck suddenly felt sort of fatter. Anyway it's back to normal and not annoying me. My clothes hang better and my back hurts a lot less.

I did go over a bit yesterday with breadsticks and sharing a tub of Ben & Jerry's with DS whilst watching some kind of random disaster movie hmm

Seer Sun 16-Jun-19 12:31:11

Also, is it just me that spends ages geeking out over the different numbers and conversion charts, like...

Oooh, 1 more lb and I'll hit the 160s!

3 more lb and I'll have lost a whole stone!

5 more lb and I'll be at my 'provisional goal weight' (the last weight I can remember being at and feeling pretty slim)!

Etc etc

I'll get my coat... grin

Seer Sun 16-Jun-19 09:06:16

Hello! So good to see everyone still progressing well 

Congratulations @PumpkinPie2016 !

@ChubRubTub I found 5:2 very challenging but 18:6 a breeze. I don't even think about breakfast Mon-Fri now but really enjoy it at the weekend.

It really helps me keep within 1200 calories, as two meals plus snacks/drinks seems to easily total 1200 whereas adding in breakfast makes it much harder for me. I can't see I'll ever go back to having breakfast in the week.

@TantricTwist How's it going there?

I fit into a denim skirt yesterday that I couldn't wear last summer because it was suddenly mysteriously unflattering hmm (when I was still in denial about gaining weight). That felt great!

Also, I got a 'Congratulations!' Pop-up thingy on MFP today when I entered my weight - I've officially lost 10lb so far (I've been hovering just slightly under that until today).

This hasn't been as hard as I thought but it's deffo taking longer! I guess slow and steady is the best way to go. If it takes me another 6 weeks to lose the remaining 10lb then that's not exactly forever, is it? Just in time for the hols smile

ChubRubTub Sat 15-Jun-19 21:08:31

I haven't posted for ages, but am still plodding away.

I had been doing 5:2, but got myself into feeling guilty if I was eating more than 500 calories on any day - which wasn't sustainable.

I'm doing 16:8 now and finding it very easy. I'm much less hungry and just don't feel the need for all the snacks that were my big problem.

11lbs down now. My clothes definitely feel looser and starting to see changes is so motivational. I finally feel like I can get back to my 'normal' weight.

Well done everyone on our losses!

TantricTwist Sat 15-Jun-19 13:43:48

@PumpkinPie2016 congratulations for the promotion, yay, and of course the weight loss.

I've had a cheese omelette and bacon so far today and a sliver of lemon drizzle cake.

PumpkinPie2016 Sat 15-Jun-19 09:56:48

Great to see everyone's progress - well done all grin

I haven't posted this week as went for a promotion at work so all my energies have been focussed on that. Pleased to report I got the job so that was a nice end to the week grin

Plus, despite needing a piece of cake and a glass of wine yesterday to celebrate I have lost another pound this week!

So, 9lb down nowgrin

Will get back to it properly now grin

TantricTwist Fri 14-Jun-19 19:03:25

Hey @Seer enjoy your yummy takeaway.
I went for an hours walk or so earlier on with DD to Boots to pick up an order and didn't feel as breathless and sort of hot and heavy as I usually do.
I haven't cooked dinner yet as everyone is tired, grumpy or napping.
I'm going to cook some stir fry chicken with rice once everyone's come back to life again as I'm not particularly hungry so I'm just waiting. I'm tired though so may fall asleep and hope someone else makes food instead grin. unlikely though hmm

Seer Fri 14-Jun-19 18:39:57

That all sounds great, @TantricTwist!

It's so motivating to start to see real changes happening with your body.. That 'sucking in the tummy and it actually moving in' one was a big one for me too.

I used to have an amazing tummy, actual abs and concave when I breathed in! It's been a hard pill to swallow as it's become bigger. I will be so happy if I can just have somewhere close to flat again.

I'm doing well with 1200 cals too and 1500 fri/sat. I'm bloody ravenous today so it's just as well it's a 1500 day! I've already downed two spritzers grin

Loved Chernobyl too tho found the loss and destruction really hard going for the first couple of episodes.

Film and take-away here tonight smile Hope you have a good one.

TantricTwist Fri 14-Jun-19 10:29:50

I'm still here >waves< I'm not exercising much but calorie wise staying on 1200 target. Avoiding bread has helped so much for me. There is none in the house other than in the freezer for whomever fancies some toast (although I did cut a sliver off my DS peanut butter on toast last night, which was delicious and all I needed) We were watching Chernobyl which is brilliant.
My clothes fit better and when I suck in my tummy it now makes a difference as opposed to the fat not moving at all.
My face is much slimmer and my skin looks amazing actually too which is a bonus.
I'm finding that what works for me is a day of no carbs followed by a day where a meal has rice or potatoes. So I'm not always starving and have times where I feel nice and satiated.

Seer Fri 14-Jun-19 09:11:27

Everyone's quiet... busy exercising? wink

I'm really pleased that despite my TOTM (barely any exercise for days and massive consumption on Sunday!) I've lost another pound this week! halo

10lb down, 10lb to go!

The next weight 'bracket' is in sniffing distance. Getting into the 160s (lbs) and the 11s (stone) will feel like a huge accomplishment... hopefully that'll happen this month!

Hope you're all well!

Seer Wed 12-Jun-19 19:55:43

Sounds like you're all nicely on track smile

It's my time of the month, I'm having a very low-energy day today and just want to EAT and not move at all!

I amazingly stayed under 1200 cals yesterday and I might do today depending on how much I end up eating at dinner (waiting for dh to get home atm).

If I swerve the flat breads I'll come in at around 1200 cals including a much-needed spritzerwine, or if I have the flatbread I'll go over my allowance... we'll see. Maybe I'll have half instead of a whole one.

My tummy is so bloated atm that I feel back to how I was a month ago, 10lb up from now, it's not fun but I guess it's a helpful reminder.

bettybyebye Tue 11-Jun-19 11:43:46

Hi All, been a bit awol of late but I am still going! WI on sat saw another 1.5lb loss, and broken a stone barrier which is great. As usual though, had a fairly bad weekend food and alcohol wise, although I was very active all weekend, swimming both days and 25k steps sat and 18k Sunday so hopefully that will have minimised some of the damage. Also managed a run yesterday lunchtime for about 25 min. Might try to do some lunchtime Pilates today (I work from home so lunchtime is a good opportunity for exercise!).
I am travelling for work tomorrow which I find difficult to balance with healthy eating, but am going to make baked oats for my breakfast on the train and will try to make sensible choices when we go out for a team lunch...
Sounds like you are all still very motivated - great work!

TantricTwist Tue 11-Jun-19 00:50:44

@Studentnursesos12e 4 of them, your poor legs bet you slept well that night though grin. I love knowing we can always get back on track after a couple of off days. I make sure I at least have enjoyed every morsel to make it worth it.

Studentnursesos12e Mon 10-Jun-19 23:15:31

Had a couple of bad days but had a word with myself last night, then ran at 11pm 🤣

Finishing on 1,007 calories and somehow did 4 c25k runs in one day 🙃 well and truly back on track

Also started supplementing some vitamins as felt a bit off

TantricTwist Mon 10-Jun-19 22:35:54

We are thanks to this thread, it's keeping me going @Seer
Well done on your out-manoeuvering and hooping.

Seer Mon 10-Jun-19 21:17:26

That's brilliant @TantricTwist ! You're deffo on a roll

It's been a busy/challenging day here (trying not to out myself here but imagine trying to out-manoeuvre a shit-hot lawyer and have them feel good about it confused ) ... but I'm happy to end on 1200 cals even with some snacks and a glass of champagne - and I fit some hooping in.

We're doing so well smile

TantricTwist Mon 10-Jun-19 18:24:42

So 5K on the elliptical completed, not much really but worked up a sweat all over then stopped. I feel like I should push myself more but don't want to get fed up with it. I want to do 5K as often as possible so it's a nice easy regular 10-15 min worth of something and work up to 10K if I feel in the mood for it.
Yesterday I was under 1000 cals and so far today doing well.

TantricTwist Mon 10-Jun-19 09:33:13

@Seer Your graph looks motivational esp as it is tracking downwards. I went on my friends trampoline the other day with some other friends of mine after a few gins so burned off a few calories there grin
I made an omelette last night with the rest of my mushroom concoction which tasted yummy esp with sweet chilli sauce which goes very well with eggs. I had the rest for breakfast today.
I need to force myself to go on the cross trainer again today.

Seer Mon 10-Jun-19 08:37:24

@TantricTwist for some reason I find hooping easy (might have something to do with my my 'womanly hips' grin) so I can keep it up pretty much until I get tired/feel too beaten up!

I've just realised the flaw in my plan tho... it's raining hard today and I think I'm going to struggle to do it in the house without smashing the house up. Will investigate...

In other news... I'm slightly down on the scales again today, which is a good start to the week smile

I find the graph fascinating... up and down all the time tho the trend is, thankfully, downwards. I'm starting not to mind the times it goes up because it seems to mean it'll then go down further the next time.

TantricTwist Sun 09-Jun-19 18:33:09

Ooo a weighted hoop how many spins before it dropped. Just been eating chicken and veg all day with a couple of spoons of Haagen Dazs pralines and cream. Have been spring cleaning as an attempt to burn calories but breaking much of s sweat though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »