Talk

Advanced search

12 weeks to lose 2 stone

(1000 Posts)
SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 09:53:18

That's slightly over 2lbs a week.
I'm planning to exercise every day & do the 5:2.
Anyone fancy joining me?
smile

cheezy Sun 12-May-19 09:54:57

Yes I’ll join. Am having some success with LCHF at the moment so shall continue with that.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 09:55:02

Will weigh in tomorrow morning!

SherlockHolmes Sun 12-May-19 09:55:39

Me please! I'd planned to try to lose a stone over the next 7 weeks, but 2 stone would put me in the normal weight category so maybe I could keep going.

What's your plan OP?

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 09:55:50

Hi cheezy smile
What's LCHF?

SherlockHolmes Sun 12-May-19 09:56:11

Sorry just noticed you said 5:2

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 10:01:39

Hi Sherlock smile

I'm going to use MFP and do the 5:2 diet. It has worked for me before but I just fell off the wagon.

Will either swim or cycle every day.
Also planning to resurrect my Fitbit and make sure I get 10,000 steps in each day - as I have a fairly sedentary job.

I have a wedding coming up and was looking at dresses and feeling depressed about buying a large size again.

Thought I'd post here for accountability.

It's lovely to have some company thanks for the speedy responses.
Whet are your plans?

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 10:04:12

Ah just googled Low Carb High Fat 👍

Elliemayclampett Sun 12-May-19 10:05:47

Me! I’m in. Go on holiday in 12 weeks. I’ve had it booked for a year. Could have lost loads but I’m constantly messing about with the diet.

I’m going to do WW and exercise every day. Plus no booze - that’s my biggest downfall. One glass of wine and I’m like a hungry hippo

plonkie Sun 12-May-19 10:10:22

Hi, I'm in. I have a holiday end of July with a very attractive slim friend Haha. Already lost a stone but stuck in a riot now!

BlueLupins Sun 12-May-19 10:12:52

I'm in.

Have been doing 16:8 and lost half a stone without much effort but have fallen off the wagon in the last week...

I need to MFP and do some exercise every day otherwise I will just hover around the same weight.

I need to lose 2 stone to get into the healthy BMI range - so really need this actually.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 10:15:38

Welcome Plonkie & EllieMay!
Yes the wine is an issue for me too.
I'm not drinking midweek and then only having a couple of drinks Fri/Sat.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Sun 12-May-19 10:16:46

Hi Bluelupins
Am also needing to get into the healthy BMI range as well as the dress! smile

habibihabibi Sun 12-May-19 10:37:27

Great timing - I just started low carbing today.
2 stone down would be amazing !
Plse post your daily food consumption.
I plan 2 meals and one 'snack'.
I've had 2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado and 2tsp mayo.
I'm planning chicken breast and broccoli for dinner + cheese string for mid arvo snack.

BayandBlonde Sun 12-May-19 20:15:39

Perfect post to start the week. Thanks OP

I have 6 weeks to lose ideally a stone, but it's more than likely to be around 12lbs.

Currently 11st 6. Ideal weight 10st, height 5ft 4

We can all do this, I just keep falling off the bloody wagon!

Exercise is part of my daily life (2 horses) so that's not a problem, my problem is food! I can be a glutinous pig at times confused

BayandBlonde Sun 12-May-19 20:16:34

Sorry to add, BMI of around 26.8.

Worlds0kayestmum Sun 12-May-19 20:19:49

Yes me too please. I keep staring and stopping various diets. I desperately need accountability but can't afford slimming clubs. I'm starting intermittent fasting tomorrow combined with low carb/low kcal. I have a food order arriving tomorrow to start the week off

ILiveInSalemsLot Sun 12-May-19 20:24:20

Oh me too! I go on holiday end of July so I’d love to be slimmer by then.
I’m trying to do blood sugar diet so that fasting and doing 800 cals a day mostly low carb but beans and pulses are allowed.

Worlds0kayestmum Sun 12-May-19 20:32:45

Iliveinsalem - I'm doing similar. I'm not doing a true fast800 because I'm allowing myself 250kcal of rice a day (no other cars though) but will be aiming for 800kcals a day

Ellieboolou27 Sun 12-May-19 20:39:59

Would love to join please! Glad it’s a thread that I can join at the beginning too - will weigh in the morning. I’ve got around 4st to lose so will do MFP and set my calories to 1200
Also going to Pre plan my days calories / meals as I tend to drift off mid afternoon!

custardlover Sun 12-May-19 20:45:08

Yes please! That's exactly the amount I realised I needed for my summer holiday in..... 12 weeks! I will be doing intermittent fasting and low cal/fat. I'd love to do more hardcore exercise too but it's hard with my job so it'll be steps. I'll weigh in tomorrow.

Wondermoomin Sun 12-May-19 20:57:57

Joining in for the motivation! I'll be on holiday in 12 weeks time 😁

I'm going to be doing MFP and frequent, varied exercise. It's the food bit that I find tough, I've finally found exercise I love and look forward to (kind of, haha).

BayandBlonde Sun 12-May-19 21:13:03

@custardlover

What plan do you follow for intermittent fasting?

ltk Sun 12-May-19 21:13:44

Ooo. I'm in. I lost a stone last summer and have maintained. But I need to lose another in the next 6 weeks. I just do no snacks no sugar no seconds and aim for 1600 calories max plus exercise daily. That worked last year - I hope it will again!

HasThisSoddingNameGoneToo Sun 12-May-19 21:19:32

Yes! I'm in. I have a big, exciting event on June 13 and I need to look and feel my best. Currently I'm 2.5 stone over my "best" 😆

I'll go back on WW. It works for me when I actually follow it. I like the app too, it's really easy.

Good luck everyone! We can do this!

This thread is not accepting new messages.