Talk

Advanced search

IS IT REALLY POSSIBLE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT AFTER PREGANCY ? OR I'M JUST A LOSER ?

(26 Posts)
quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 16-Jul-07 09:34:49

Sorry for the rent...It's monday morning and I'm feeling very low and very fat...I had my dd 2 months ago and apart from the water and the weight of the baby...I didnt lose any weight...I'm 12 stones for 5 ft 7, I walk,do the cleaning..etc..I breastfeed my dd...

Is anyone has positive stories to share with me just to cheer me up ?

chevre Mon 16-Jul-07 09:38:42

2 months! give yourself a break. at some point you will get some sleep, at that point do some exercise and lay off the cake. until then relax!

cylonbabe Mon 16-Jul-07 09:47:37

with ds1, i didnt put on a lot of wieght, and didnt own a weighing machine either, but i dont think i lost any after he was bron, but still fit into my old clothes.
ds2, i was humumgously fat before i got pregnant, so didnt gain much and lost it all by the time he was 11 weeks old.
dd i gained over two stones, and didnt lose a drop of it. in fact just before her fourth birthday i had put onmore than half a stone more than i weighterd just after she was born.

with at two month old, give yourself a break. when the baby is a year old, you can start worrying. right now, enjoy your life and your health

quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 16-Jul-07 09:48:43

Cheers Chevre...so you think it's a bit early to worry about not losing weight...? My own mother expected from to be in serious diet 3 weeks after the birth..

catnip Mon 16-Jul-07 09:50:32

Honestly don't worry, I think I started putting more weight on at about 3 months, but finally, at about 5 months it started to drop off. 2 months is nothing

quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 16-Jul-07 09:51:53

Thank you cylonbabe...I have been gving myself some complexes lately...I'm going back to France in 3 weeks time to show off the baby..and I know by facts that they are all expecting me to be slim again..I'm going to be the laughing stock of my family

Biglips Mon 16-Jul-07 09:52:55

they say "9 months on, 9 months off"

themoon66 Mon 16-Jul-07 09:53:58

12 stone and 5ft 7in is more or less what I was after both mine. The weight didn't start to move until they were six months old.

Two months is no time at all. Chill.

TootyFrooty Mon 16-Jul-07 09:56:20

Relax. 2 months is nothing. Give yourself time - carry on as you are and you'll be fine.

quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 16-Jul-07 09:59:17

Thank you all, you are nice ! I guess I'm worried about my weight because I'm going to France in 3 weeks...they are really strict there about weight gain..

vonsudenfed Mon 16-Jul-07 10:01:27

Just tell them that the advice is not to diet at all while you are breastfeeding. This is sudenfedtruefax - if you diet, toxins stored in your fat will go into your milk, so no dieting at all while bf.

And for further consolation, I've been bf for seven months, and the weight has been inching down bit by tiny bit - I don't know what I weigh, but I can pull in my belt v slightly more each week. But none of this started until month four, when I felt able to walk about without feeling weak after ten minutes.

But you could try some small abdominal exercises - they did wonders for shrinkign my stomach in the early days.

cylonbabe Mon 16-Jul-07 10:05:39

qv, if you are returning home in three weeks time to show off your baby, here are my uggestions.
1 be happy with your baby. be confident with breastfeeding, nappy changeing and all care of your baby, so you dont let people bully you into doing it there way.
2 have a cut and colour before you go
3 have a facial pedi, manicure
4 buy nursing bra's that fit, support you
5 buy a couple new outfits that you fit into well and show you off to your best. rather than trying to fit into old clothes that will flatter the bits youo want to hide

at 5 7 and 12 stones, your bmi is still only 26.3 which whilst overweight, is not at all huge. iyswim.
be happy

quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 16-Jul-07 10:28:15

Cylonbabe and Vonsudenfed, thank for your encouraging post, I'll follow your advices ! Starting by a good haircut..I look like a fat witch at the moment !

lupo Mon 23-Jul-07 14:30:38

Took me eighteen months and at a rate of only one pound a month, could shift anything for about the first four months either so keep at it

REIDmylips Mon 23-Jul-07 14:35:25

i was exactly the same as you, got really stressed about losing the weight i gained during pregnancy. i was given pretty much the same advice as you have been given on here. I totally agree with it all! 10 months on and i have lost all the weight i gained and a little more. Did it safely and it took a while, but i'm hoping that because it did take a while, it wont all pile straight back on as soon as i look at chips or chocolate!

Good luck, enjoy your baby and relax as much as you can

meandmy Mon 23-Jul-07 14:37:38

i got back to pre pg size whilst bfing when i stoped its piled back on and wont budge, enjoy your baby give your body time to heal!
dd 13mo

EffiePerine Mon 23-Jul-07 14:39:16

Relax - 2 months is no time at all. I'd lost quite a bit by 5 months but am kust starting to regain pre-pg shape (of sorts) at 9 months so I reckon the 9 months up and down thing is true.

And don't diet while you're bfing - bad idea.

The most helpful think I found was walking - didn't have much choice as DS would only nap in a moving pram. A walk a day will make abig difference over several months and you'll feel better for it (good for the baby too!)

EffiePerine Mon 23-Jul-07 14:39:26

thing

BonyM Mon 23-Jul-07 14:40:53

It took me about 6 months to get back to pre-pregnancy weight after having dd2. Breastfeeding certainly helps.

quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 23-Jul-07 14:43:44

Ladies - I love you all for all your kind advices...I was being a bit depressed (monday blues combines with a fat day), you manage to cheer me up ! The worst is : I feel complexed because I'm going to see my family in 2 weeks time, and I know that some persons are going to take the mic out of me because I'm still overweight,and I'm just feeling vulnerable ! but you are so lovely !!

EffiePerine Mon 23-Jul-07 14:48:58

Tell them to sod off and that you're doing your best for your baby rather than conforming to sleb-cluture expectations

REIDmylips Mon 23-Jul-07 14:52:33

'ere 'ere!!!

quiveutmabonnebaguette Mon 23-Jul-07 15:03:12

I will try to tell them to F...off

Judy1234 Mon 23-Jul-07 20:04:29

I put on 3 stone (weighed 12 stone) with the twins at 40 weeks and they were about a stone between them. So yes you're perfectly normal.

I did manage to breastfeed and lose some weight but only by 6 months (for my brother's wedding) but it wasn't easy and it takes time.

mandaxmx Thu 26-Jul-07 11:23:24

im 5'7 and i went from 9st 5lb to 11st 7lb after having my little girl...she is now nearly 3(in october) and i have only just now managed to get to 9st 8lb still 3lb more to go but for the first year i did not even worry about loosing the weight too much had to much with my little girl...then when i did wasnt fully commited ont been since feb that i have actually stuck at it and nearly at my target xxx
dont worry about it do it in your own time once you and the baby are settled into your life 2 months is nothing atall xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now