Talk

Advanced search

Noom - thoughts?

(3 Posts)
iloveruby Tue 19-Mar-19 09:03:50

Has anyone tried the Noom app? It is apparently meant to tackle the psychological reasons for weight gain / loss.

I'm currently doing the free trail and it says I should reach my target weight by September which would be amazing!!!

But it is expensive so I'm interested to know if anyone else has tried it?

OP’s posts: |
confusedandemployed Tue 19-Mar-19 12:58:51

I did it for a month, but cancelled. The calorie goals are punishingly low IME. I felt it was unsustainable.

mrsrdowneyjr Thu 28-Mar-19 09:54:32

I’ve been using the app for 6 weeks and have lost 9lbs - I’m so chuffed as I don’t think I’ve EVER managed to lose that amount of weight consistently. I really like Noom- what works for me is the recording EVERYTHING I eat and weighing in every day. I also love the daily tips and quizzes which just keep you motivated. I don’t bother with the group chats and coaching part, although I’m sure they are helpful for some people. The daily lessons just keep you on track and make you think about what you’re eating and how you behave with food. Nothing especially revolutionary but somehow it works for me. I’m definitely eating less, but still drink wine, no food is forbidden and I’m not starving. And I am visibly thinner and more energetic. The weight loss graph somehow helps me too. Weight loss fluctuates and can go up and down but I’ve learnt to see patterns and know that the trend is downwards. You could record your food and plot your weight on your own without paying for the app, but I feel I have to commit if I’ve paid (and I like the daily info feed). I’m starting to ramble now... just saying it works for me!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in