Talk

Advanced search

4 weeks down, pictures look different but scale isn't moving.

(5 Posts)
Daffodilshootsahoy Thu 14-Feb-19 21:10:16

I have been eating well for the past month and watching calorie intake. I feel better and look better. At first I decided to take pictures because in the past I have become obsessive about what I weigh and I really wanted to focus on how I was feeling and what I looked like.
Because of this I have no idea what I weighed at the beginning, I gained a fair bit over Christmas and was too scared to weigh myself, ha!
But I did take a picture right at the start and have been taking one each week on the same day to compare. All was good.
Then I started weighing again..
I'm happy with how I look, there's a difference in each picture but for the past 3 weeks I haven't lost any weight!
It's not down to muscle as I havent been doing much exersise apart from walking twice a week so it cant be that.
Whats happening!?
I'm not sure if I'm due my period as I've recently had a mirina coil fitted and it's sort of thrown me out of whack but I think I am?? But for three weeks and not lost anything!? I'm tracking and eating under my calories so I don't get it sad

OP’s posts: |
EL2019 Thu 14-Feb-19 21:22:31

As you lose fat your fat cells empty of lipids and fill up with water. Your shape changes, but the scales don’t. Eventually the cells get the message that they don’t need to hang around waiting for more lipids to fill them up so you have a “whoosh”, where the cells empty out all the water and you have a big drop on the scales over night.

I can tell when I am due a whoosh, because I become supper jiggly for a few days, then after the whoosh my skin is firmer for a few more weeks until the next whoosh happens.

Daffodilshootsahoy Thu 14-Feb-19 21:28:25

OH!!!!
Thanks! grin

<<waits for the whoosh>>

OP’s posts: |
EL2019 Thu 14-Feb-19 23:04:22

It will come!

Also female hormonal also mean you retain water in all sorts of random ways.

When I had a personal trainer he said you could tell from daily weight readings if a male client was following diet or cheating because if he was following it, then his weight would be going down in a consistent pattern. If he was cheating, weight loss would stop.

However, it would take month or so to be sure if a female client was cheating or sticking to diet because scale weight always lagged behind what was happening in terms of fat loss.

Newadventure Sat 16-Feb-19 11:22:19

Yay I lost 4lbs!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in