Talk

Advanced search

On 1200 calories, rumbling stomach: low calorie protein snacks for handbag?

(10 Posts)
KetchupOnRoastDinner Sun 13-Jan-19 12:51:37

I’ve got little boxes of almonds and cashews. What else can I keep on me, for when I’m about 1-2 hours away from a meal and just need 150-200 calories to fill up a little bit?

PS I’m on a no-sugar diet. Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
RedPandaMama Sun 13-Jan-19 12:53:10

My MIL has eaten low carb for a few years now, she's always snacking on boiled eggs, nuts, babybels and other mini packaged cheeses - Aldi and Tesco both do cheddar/red leicester ones. Maybe protein shakes/bars if you exercise at all.

Jaimx86 Sun 13-Jan-19 13:00:50

I always carry boiled eggs around in the week (just boiled a batch ready) and a tin of tuna if out for longer.

KetchupOnRoastDinner Sun 13-Jan-19 13:19:51

I’d forgotten about individual cheese portions, thanks!

And I wondered about the practicalities of carrying round boiled eggs (in a container, obviously) so I’ll add this to the inspiration list.

AFistfulofDolores1 Sun 13-Jan-19 13:39:53

A rumbling stomach is no bad thing sometimes. It's not something you always have to 'eat away'.

KetchupOnRoastDinner Sun 13-Jan-19 13:41:06

I know that, but I am asking for snacks to tide me over, not to fill up on.

Jaimx86 Sun 13-Jan-19 20:22:16

I just wrap my egg with shell still on in a piece of kitchen towel, and then peel the shell into the kitchen towel when I eat.

getawayslough Mon 14-Jan-19 00:49:47

sounds like an unsubstanable diet- try black coffee and plety of cold water but with calories that low you are likely to damage your metabolism

Gwenhwyfar Sun 20-Jan-19 20:26:10

"with calories that low you are likely to damage your metabolism"

Lots of shorter people wouldn't be able to lose weight on more than 1200.

Impicciona Sun 20-Jan-19 20:27:49

If you're on a low sugar diet, fill the gap with fat. If you do that you radically reduce hunger between meals.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in