My promise to myself

(5 Posts)
NCKitten Sun 23-Dec-18 00:59:00

I wrote this last night and wanted to share for encouragement and possibly accountability.

After a pregnancy with ongoing sickness which was only relieved by eating and three months of maternity leave during which I've eaten everything I wanted, I now weigh 103.7kg. Last night I vowed, and promised myself, that I will never weigh this much again. My weight loss journey started today, 21st December. Not after Christmas, not on 1st January, today. I will make sensible food choices, allow myself to get hungry and try to assess whether a healthy person would make the same choice and what a "normal" person would think of my eating. No mad diets, meal plans or calorie counting, just healthier choices and a bit more exercise. It has gone too far - I am 3.5 stone heavier than when I got married 2.5 years ago (and I was overweight/ obese then), I could lose half my bodyweight and still not be underweight, my knees hurt when I go up and down the stairs, my shoulders and neck ache from the weight of my breasts, my legs aren't swollen, they're just fat, I'm a size 20 but that's in Asda's rather generous clothes (I haven't had the guts to check elsewhere), I am at increased risk of developing weight-related illnesses like diabetes, my BMI is one point off the eligibility threshold for weight loss surgery. And most importantly, I have a gorgeous baby boy who needs a healthy, happy mother and role model.

This is my promise to myself. The revolution started today!

OP’s posts: |
FATEdestiny Wed 26-Dec-18 09:47:50

How is it going @NCKitten

This could be the start of major changes in your life.

NCBabyBoy Mon 06-May-19 11:26:39

(Have NC) I never saw your reply! I came on here to post an update. Since posting I have:
- lost 9.5kg/ 21lbs (well over a lb per week)
- lost 9% of my body weight
- reduced my BMI from 39 to 35.4

I feel so much better, although my knees still hurt and my neck and shoulders do occasionally get stiff. I have another 2kg to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. That should also take me past the halfway point of what I want to lose in total (21.4kg, to take me to my wedding weight, which was my adult normal for years, even if it's still obese). I can do this. Koko

Myusername2015 Mon 06-May-19 13:14:01

Wow op that’s amazing!!! What an achievement

NCBabyBoy Mon 06-May-19 19:17:10

Thank youblush I feel like I could've lost more by now if I'd taken it more seriously, but I suppose I should be proud of what I've managed so far.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in