Talk

Advanced search

Well I... Wish I could be-a-slenderista everyday... Of course you can! Join us to lose 7lb this merry month

(81 Posts)
Kokoloco Sat 01-Dec-18 10:34:25

Join us for the festive season doing our best to lose 7lbs (or at least damage control until the new year! )

Kokoloco Sat 01-Dec-18 10:36:02

Link to previous thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/3411440-Remember-remember-to-lose-in-November-join-in-to-lose-7lbs-before-the-festive-juggernaut-kicks-off

Hope no one minds me kick starting the month!

Autumnnymph Sat 01-Dec-18 11:15:22

Thanks for the new thread @kokoloco !

Kicking off December at 57.4 , 100 gms up from yesterday but I did have a glass of mulled wine last night. Optimistic wish for December is to lose 1.5 kgs and get to 56 kgs. I will be satisfied if I maintain though.

KickBishopBrennanUpTheArse Sat 01-Dec-18 11:31:30

Thanks koko. Is it really December already? shock

No lofty aims for me this month. Just full on damage limitation. I have a few special events coming up. One this week, one next week and then works do on the 18th. Then family visits from 21st to 26th. My aim is not to sink into bad habits on all the other days.

If I can start January in the low 11s I'll be happy but I am going to be ON IT next month.

Right. Off to cook vegan chilli for 40! That should keep me busy today grin

Ni58 Sat 01-Dec-18 11:46:08

Hi! Long time follower of the thread! This month I need to join you properly!
Just weighed in and have put on 6 pounds in 5 weeks, probably due to work stress, being ill and eating comfort food. I’m restarting MFP and hope to lose two pounds a week for the next three weeks. I’m allowing 1200 cals and will have to get to the gym!
I’m going to make big batches of vegetable soup to take to work and will cut out sugary snacks and puddings.
I thought about no alcohol, but decided that would be a step too far for me!
I’m more of a reader than a poster, but I will update! Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas!

QuimReaper Sat 01-Dec-18 15:53:08

Thanks for the new thread Koko!

Kick I am in exactly the same position - my Christmas plans start on the 20th and go all the way through to Jan 3rd! shock The two days which might be Golden are the 27th and the 2nd, I'm not planning on stepping on the scales at all until the 11th, when I expect the damage will be impressive...

Ni58 welcome! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom smile We tend to say "easy on, easy off" here, so I'm sure that 6lbs will be gone in no time - very impressive time of year to be trying to kick it though, I'm sure you'll look splendid in your festive get-up after all that gymming!

lastqueenofscotland Sat 01-Dec-18 19:03:11

Hi all! Not perfect today but not bad at all. If I could lose 3/4 this month I’d be delighted

poorpaws Sun 02-Dec-18 00:44:00

I’m going to join you all again in the New Year. I’ve been reading every day but not posting.

( for those following my June flood, my kitchen was going to be repaired last Monday and I received an email from the kitchen supplier to tell me not only had he gone into receivership but his supplier had also gone into receivership. I guess that’s no kitchen for Christmas then. Luckily I paid by credit card so the credit card company are investigating for me. Not a happy time or a time I feel like dieting ).

Still reading your progress though and I will be joining you in January.

FiveShelties Sun 02-Dec-18 00:54:30

I have been messing about all year, gaining and losing the same few pounds. My aim is to weigh less on January 1st than I did on December 1st - even if only a pound less! I was 10st 7lbs yesterday (147 pounds) so have committed to donate $147 to a political party I would never vote for if I am not less than 147 pounds! I am hoping that will keep me focused!

Not starting with the best days as we are off to a winery for lunch. Have a wonderful December everyone.

poorpaws so sorry to read that. Hopefully the credit card company will refund you quickly.

outreach29 Sun 02-Dec-18 07:05:49

hi all - keep on keeping on

thanks for the new thread @kokoloco

Managed to lose around 2.5kg in November - would be happy with the same for this month. If I drink wine - it seems I automatically reach for the crisps so maybe I'll try and keep wine input at the minimum!

@5shelties 10stone 7 lbs is my goal!! would love to weigh that - I guess we're all different - I'm 5'8'' and between 10 stone and 10 and a half is my ideal weight. How tall are you (if you don't mind me asking)

Autumnnymph Sun 02-Dec-18 09:26:05

Morning all - have had a golden week apart from the one glass of wine.

End of week weigh in at 57.2 kgs. Slightly lower than I wished but as the downward trend is continuing I am content.
I shall be absolutely golden until 15th. My aim is to have a fairly healthy festive period this year and not drown face first in unhealthy food.

TodoDoingDone Sun 02-Dec-18 15:38:06

Hi, I'd also like to lose 7lbs. Ideally before Christmas, but that might be a bit optimistic! I weighed myself this morning and was 63.8 kilos (10stone)which is the heaviest I've been since post pregnancy. My ideal weight is around 60kg(9st. 7). I'M 5'3"so not overweight but heavy and most of all I just want to stop eating crap, feeling bloated and that my clothes fit.
flowers to all going through a tough time. Sometimes self care is healthy eating, other times self care is giving yourself permission to just be, and eat something! smile

sisteroutlaw Sun 02-Dec-18 16:41:30

So pleased to find you all! Need a support group as I bat away festive pies.

Am hoping easy on, easy off quim! Lost 3kg this summer. Put the bleeding lot back on in autumn... Trying to tap in to how awesome it felt to see the scales go down in increments. Good luck to everybody. Starting afresh from my next meal today. Will weigh in tomorrow morning.

FiveShelties Sun 02-Dec-18 21:15:12

Oh dear! I have just put a new battery in my scales and I am now 10st 10.2lbs so I have now upped my 'Donation Pledge' to $150.20 if I am not lighter my January 1st.

outreach29 - I am 5ft 4ins so 10st 10.2 is sitting heavily - I would like to be 9st 12pounds again, I was very comfortable at that and was maintaining until we returned to NZ/went on holiday etc etc - insert any excuse.

LeeRoar Sun 02-Dec-18 21:26:18

I'm not optimistic about loosing much before Christmas, but I'd like to loose at least 3lbs before the New Year where I will start properly!

Currently sitting at 14.2lbs and feel like an absolute house.

So I will join you!

... After I finish this box of Lindor... wink

Turefu Sun 02-Dec-18 21:42:02

Hi!
I'd like to join, please! Perhaps no 7lb, I'll be happy with 5lb, because of Christmas. I'm 167 lb now and 167cm height, so I'm overweight, but not massive amount.

Thisimmortalcurl Sun 02-Dec-18 21:48:31

Hi all , it’s been a long time since I posted ( not that I posted for very long ) but jumping back on and hoping to get rid of that magical 7lb for exactly a month today .
Motivation from this thread much needed especially in December.
I’m going to wait a couple of days to weigh in as I’ve been eating everything in sight the past 48 hours.

sisteroutlaw Mon 03-Dec-18 22:44:46

How did everyone's day go? I'm about to go to bed, a slight gnawing feeling in my stomach but it's not too distracting. Need to get a handle on my appetite again. That and quit the wine on week nights. Imaginary cheers all 🥂
PS are you guys mainly calorie counting or intermittent fasting, or other? Nosy x

LeeRoar Mon 03-Dec-18 23:14:02

My food shop delivery arrived today and I have actively not bought any junk so I'm not lured to the dark side! However DC has been a challenge today, so when I nipped out for a beautician's appointment I ended up buying a redbull and a bag of crisps as 'lunch'.confused

... Tomorrow is another day!smile

I'm generally trying just to be sensible about food choices and portion control as I thought this would make it easier for this way of dealing with food to be a lifestyle change rather than a temporary diet. However I'm starting to think I can't be trusted to do this without calorie counting!blush

Thisimmortalcurl Mon 03-Dec-18 23:34:32

I calorie count @sisteroutlaw . Usually 1200. Within calories today so that’s great. I’m feeling quite emotional, my youngest who is ten is away to school camp .. no contact allowed ! I would usually emotionally eat but I have managed not to.
It doesn’t sound too bad @LeeRoar .. as long as the crisps weren’t Mcoys, they are the dieters devil!

Ni58 Tue 04-Dec-18 00:11:36

I’ve had a good day, food wise.
Have never eaten breakfast, so just two cups of tea.
Lunch (tomato, spinach and ham omelette) ended up being late because I managed to make myself go to the gym. 😀
Evening meal was prawn and vegetable stir fry with rice noodles. Used a bit of oil and a small sachet of stir fry sauce.
Had two weak gin and slimlines over the course of the evening.
All logged on MFP - just under 1200.

KickBishopBrennanUpTheArse Tue 04-Dec-18 08:45:50

Hello all and welcome new faces.

I had a good weekend. I am very happy to report that I managed my first 5+ mile run since the spring and the dodgy Achilles was only a bit stiff.

The downside is that I dread to think what my calories were yesterday. I had a major case of post-run munchies.

I am telling myself there is some science behind my need to eat doughnuts and that I am rebuilding muscles.

I'm going to try to focus today.

Autumnnymph Tue 04-Dec-18 09:00:50

Morning all! Welcome to all the new members.

I stepped on the scales this morning and weighed in at 57 kgs. 4 days later than I aimed but I did it and it feels good.

Hoping to knock another kg off in the next two weeks and Maintain over the holidays. I won’t be weighing in from 15th december to about 8th Jan while am away so need to be sensible.

lastqueenofscotland Tue 04-Dec-18 11:58:11

Started well this week and feeling motivated... long may it continue

Kokoloco Tue 04-Dec-18 12:42:43

Quim, been staying at or under 1600, and scales edging down tiny bit by tiny bit. And not eating diet food! Long live small reduction in intake!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: